Page 4138 of 4444 FirstFirst ... 3138363840384088412841364137413841394140414841884238 ... LastLast
Results 41,371 to 41,380 of 44440

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I got stuck in a long line (getting wine) yesterday & I walked away wondering if the person behind me who kept standing too close noticed any split ends since it was a rare time I left my hair loose I was inspecting the woman’s hair in front if me, so why not? So today, I pulled my crown hairs forward in small sections to S&D my shortest layers, which I actually haven’t ever done… not entirely, only the face framing parts recently. They’re looking ok, only found a few, and they’re long enough to truly see what I’m doing when I pull them over my forehead!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    You're doing really good! Congratulations!!
    Thank youuu so are you!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    Won't you risk more by not telling them you are letting it grow? Surely they won't be as careful not knowing that...

I asked at a salon how my ends looked, if I needed a trim. The woman says "oh, you don't need to take off a lot" and shows about 2,5 cm with her fingers. Which is around two months growth I suppose... So, their definition of not-much can differ a lot from our own. I suppose for many hair dressers a clean, neat hem line is integrated into their training and they will view what needs to go differently than many of us in this forum that are growing to very long lenghts (at the cost of a perfect hemline).
    Yeah, I forgot to tell the barber yesterday. Don't get me wrong, he still did a good job. It's just a bit more than I expected.

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Yeah, I forgot to tell the barber yesterday. Don't get me wrong, he still did a good job. It's just a bit more than I expected.
    I totally misread your post. My bad! I read that you TOLD your barber you were growing and that you should NOT have told them. Apparently I need some sleep, because my attention is low. Pity you lost a lot of growth. That can be really annoying. At least you have fresh ends now....

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Until joining the LHC, I never paid much attention to my hair's growth rate or seasonal changes. I didn't have much shedding during the summer (far less than what I remember pulling out of my brush in the past), but I've noticed a definite increase the past few days. Hoping this is just a seasonal adjustment and won't last long.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I measured my ponytail circumference earlier today and it looks like I've recovered from my big shed!!

I lost a lot of volume when I lost weight too quickly back in 2020, and I wasn't sure if it was all going to come back... that explains all the fuzzies on the top!
    Last edited by vampyyri; October 2nd, 2022 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added another thought

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I measured my ponytail circumference earlier today and it looks like I've recovered from my big shed!!

I lost a lot of volume when I lost weight too quickly back in 2020, and I wasn't sure if it was all going to come back... that explains all the fuzzies on the top!
    Happy for you! Definitely strong weight changes can affect hair.
    I'm actually in a similar situation with weight loss... I already had something similar in the past and I'm worried it will happen again...

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I want to redye my purple streak (Manic Panic, no damage). Just need to find the energy and the time, together …
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I went to a fall festival yesterday and saw someone with a knee length braid. There was also a local blacksmith there who makes hair sticks!

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I want to redye my purple streak (Manic Panic, no damage). Just need to find the energy and the time, together …
    The combination of those two factors can be rare. I am struggling with a lot of exhaustion these days (health reasons for this), meaning when I do have the time to do something, I am almost unable. Which is frustrating. I find myself laying horizontally after children have gone to sleep. I hope you find both time and energy if you want your purple streak! I have never in my life wanted an unnatural color in my hair. It's so funny how people are different.