Page 4074 of 4436 FirstFirst ... 3074357439744024406440724073407440754076408441244174 ... LastLast
Results 40,731 to 40,740 of 44353

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Cool collages, squirrrel They must be fun to put together.

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    My problem is different... I'll try a new bun and after several tries not be able to get it right, and by then I'm probably late to wherever I'm going, so I say "screw it" and put it in a cinnabun or a braid....
    This! I'm rarely late to work, but I was late once this month because I was trying to get the Split Bun to work. I guess LHC is bad for "arriving to work on time"...and yes, cinnabun is definitely the default answer

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid View Post
    I just put a different pretty toy in the same boring bun every day.
    Pretty toys = win I love pretty hair toys...and weird hair toys. I like hair toys that I don't know how to use/never seen before a lot and so eBay is my friend...but my bank account says it really isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    That’s a neat idea, when I was in a braiding frenzy, I couldn’t decide how many strands or what techniques to use and always end up with multiple in the end, but nowadays I just wear a nautilus bun, because thankfully at my tbl, it stays quite secure for over six hours without a stick.
    Thank you I found my pink dice on Amazon and am waiting. That is cool you that nautilus stays in without a stick. I finally managed to get it to work with a stick. I guess "no stick nautilus" is the next level...my new goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    I really like the Olaplex "bonding oil" so far. I put a few drops on dry hair and when I went to detangle later the comb glided through so easily it almost felt like I didn't have hair between the teeth. No hard verdict yet but I'm impressed.
    Wow!I didn't know something like that existed. Everything seems to say "put on damp hair" and I always forget to do that...so I don't bother...but this Olaplex thing sounds like something I need to check out. To be honest, though? My hair doesn't get so tangled now that I don't go Outside everyday...but things will get back to normal someday, so I should check it out (it says it gets rid of frizz and flyaways, increases shine and provides heat protection and they sell it at Ulta. Nice. XD).
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I love your collage squirrrel!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post
    Wow!I didn't know something like that existed. Everything seems to say "put on damp hair" and I always forget to do that...so I don't bother...but this Olaplex thing sounds like something I need to check out. To be honest, though? My hair doesn't get so tangled now that I don't go Outside everyday...but things will get back to normal someday, so I should check it out (it says it gets rid of frizz and flyaways, increases shine and provides heat protection and they sell it at Ulta. Nice. XD).
    It's not unique in that regard, so if you're just looking for an oil/serum for use on dry hair there's a lot to choose from (and a lot of products that are cheaper than the Olaplex oil). Silicone oils/serums work well for my hair so I picked it up because I was curious and had money to burn haha.

I'm planning to post my thoughts on the Olaplex thread once I have more of an opinion.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    It's not unique in that regard, so if you're just looking for an oil/serum for use on dry hair there's a lot to choose from (and a lot of products that are cheaper than the Olaplex oil). Silicone oils/serums work well for my hair so I picked it up because I was curious and had money to burn haha.

I'm planning to post my thoughts on the Olaplex thread once I have more of an opinion.
    I mostly need to know what it smells like and how strong the scent is.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I mostly need to know what it smells like and how strong the scent is.
    It has a very faint smell. I'm not sure what it is... maybe sightly floral? I'm bad at identifying smells. Anyway, it's super subtle and doesn't linger on hands or hair after applying.

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I feel like I lose so much hair--easily over 100 strands a day. I might start counting sheds for a few weeks to see if that's actually true. I can't swear the amount I'm shedding has increased, though.

I seem to go through this cycle of thinking my shed rate is really bad, counting sheds for a few weeks only to discover that it's perfectly normal, feeling better because of that data so I stop counting, and then starting to think it's a crazy amount of shedding again... repeat
    dec '18 ear > dec '21 MBL > dec '22 waist > dec '24 classic

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alewyn View Post
    I feel like I lose so much hair--easily over 100 strands a day. I might start counting sheds for a few weeks to see if that's actually true. I can't swear the amount I'm shedding has increased, though.

I seem to go through this cycle of thinking my shed rate is really bad, counting sheds for a few weeks only to discover that it's perfectly normal, feeling better because of that data so I stop counting, and then starting to think it's a crazy amount of shedding again... repeat
    It takes longer than a few weeks to really know what "normal" is for you and where you are in your cycle
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    It takes longer than a few weeks to really know what "normal" is for you and where you are in your cycle
    That's true. I tend to get into an unhealthy, obsessive headspace when I'm trying to keep track of my sheds, though, so I'll need to find a balance between tracking it and just letting it be. Maybe keeping the sheds and doing it by their weekly weight or something would help, rather than counting each one or measuring every day.

I guess by "normal", I meant that when I have kept track, my shed rate seemed to average between 60-90 hairs daily, which would fall within the general estimate of 50-100 (though I've seen some places say between 100-200 hairs per day is a normal rate of loss... where the heck are they getting these numbers from, I want to know??)
    Last edited by alewyn; June 30th, 2022 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Clarity
    dec '18 ear > dec '21 MBL > dec '22 waist > dec '24 classic

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alewyn View Post
    That's true. I tend to get into an unhealthy, obsessive headspace when I'm trying to keep track of my sheds, though, so I'll need to find a balance between tracking it and just letting it be. Maybe keeping the sheds and doing it by their weekly weight or something would help, rather than counting each one.

I guess by "normal", I meant that when I have kept track, my shed rate seemed to average between 60-90 hairs daily, which would fall within the general estimate of 50-100 (though I've seen some places say between 100-200 hairs per day is a normal rate of loss... where the heck are they getting these numbers from, I want to know??)
    Certainly much easier, and from the point of view of "hair loss", distinguishing sheds from pieces you break off (it happens, natural process of "weathering", ...) is really pointless and really really tedious. Defective growth is only half the issue.

The "100 hairs" figure was made up and everyone parrots it as gospel. It's TOTAL BULL$HIT
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+