Page 4109 of 4436 FirstFirst ... 3109360940094059409941074108410941104111411941594209 ... LastLast
Results 41,081 to 41,090 of 44352

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

When you've made the bun a little too tight and you have to fight the tension to slowly inch the hairstick through over several minutes, and you can't give up because you don't have enough strength left in your arms to redo the entire thing... always a good time. But now this bun will hold for the next few days if I let it.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    It’s so interesting, henna wasn’t really on my radar until I joined the LHC, and suddenly all the recommendations on youtube pivot toward ayurvedic care after one single henna search.

And I also found out that henna hair is a very common practice in Xinjiang where the altitude and climate is also suitable for the henna plants, and with so many women there dyeing their grey hair with henna, it is actually quite cheap to buy the local products, though many of those dyes also contain other colors (burgundy, brown, hazel…etc) and probably chemicals because when you see a box of henna that says it can dye your hair black without even mentioning indigo, I know there’s probably ppd inside, that’s why I didn’t really dare to place an order. I ended up buying my first bag of Nupur henna from someone living in Nepal.

The Xinjiang people are also known for their thick long black hair, they often attribute this to their Isatis tinctoria, black seed, and peach seed, for hair growth, saying they use this herb combination on their hair and eyebrows from a young age for thick hair. Though many southerners tried it and said there wasn’t any obvious effect, I wonder if that’s a genetic thing within a certain ethnicity and they somehow mix correlation with causation.

These are some of the most common Xinjiang Henna packages. I can’t help but notice their similarity with the lady on the Jamila henna package.

Admittedly, lusciously hair, thick eyebrows, big round eyes, long lashes, high nose are all common attractive features that might lure you to buy their products.

Also, cassia and zizyphus are something I could barely find natively. I’m still looking into it.
    Very interesting! Xinjiang would be near to Pakistan, is that right? Perhaps the Xinjiang henna lady and the Jamila henna lady have been admiring one another's adverts from across the border ( ;

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My hair is so close to TBL! I'm shocked!! A few more months or so and it should be solidly there. Or maybe even sooner... ahhh how exciting!!

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

No more no trim challenges for me I think I'll re assess when I get to shoulder.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Very interesting! Xinjiang would be near to Pakistan, is that right? Perhaps the Xinjiang henna lady and the Jamila henna lady have been admiring one another's adverts from across the border ( ;
    Yes, you are quite right. That’s a very lovely thought.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

I went for a walk today down a peaceful country lane and ended up following a horse down the road. I found myself hair typing its tail (2a/2b)

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I used too much leave-in yesterday and now my hair is all greasy. Oh well, at least it smells nice.

Length
    10/37/70+
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Swam in a chlorine pool earlier and trying to find the motivation to wash it out of my hair…I might just leave it til tomorrow though.

· Into The Deep Sea · mermaid lullaby's Avatar
    Length
    20/32/33.5
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I like hip length too! On me, it's a beautiful length and it's easy to do buns now.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I went for a walk today down a peaceful country lane and ended up following a horse down the road. I found myself hair typing its tail (2a/2b)
    I have been hairtyping random strangers on the street for months now lol.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]