Page 4185 of 4444 FirstFirst ... 3185368540854135417541834184418541864187419542354285 ... LastLast
Results 41,841 to 41,850 of 44440

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    Why do you think you have a mental health issues that makes you have a manic focus on your hair?

My random hair thought: I've been so busy lately that I keep on falling asleep with my clothes on in bed, so no sleeping bonnet on. This bothers me, I'm going to get on track with my night time habits again.
    Certain things I mad focus on and I can't think of anything else, some noises and repeatition really bothers me, I have trouble listening to people talk to me near me but I can hear outside noises before anyone notices

So there's something I'm just never been diagnosed with anything maybe obsessive behaviour

Sometimes I think of how many days I have to wait before I reach my hair goals.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Maybe I’ll get a growth spurt for Christmas and will hit waist before March

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Certain things I mad focus on and I can't think of anything else, some noises and repeatition really bothers me, I have trouble listening to people talk to me near me but I can hear outside noises before anyone notices

So there's something I'm just never been diagnosed with anything maybe obsessive behaviour
    I'm not a psychologist, but this sounds more like AD(H)D to me than anything else. it's about attention, a lot of people with ADHD have known this 'hyperfocus'. Misphonia is more common with people with ADHD. Do you have acces to a psychologist maybe?

I know this hyperfocus thing, its terrible. I recently learned how to deal with it a bit better. I replaced my old hyperfocuses with more desirable ones. I used to have obsession with buying certain things, now I wait 2 weeks, for every decision and only a few of my obsession keep hanging around after that.
    I think my brain is giving me hyperfocus also to keep away from pain. if I have a overactive mind and start obsessing, i have some control and I don't have to surrender or think about what really hurts.

You have no control over your obsession, but you can 'cheat' and more importantly: bare them. You first will think you go crazy but nothing happens when you don't cut it.
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It meant a great deal to me. What a lovely community.
    Here's some good news. My dad went through detoxification and got shots to boost his cell activity, so he's getting a little better and has no more vomiting/dry heaves. He's had some runs in the toilet, but now that his bowel movements are back to normal, his appetite is back and he's eating a decent size (for his "tubular stomach" after his esophagogastrectomy and gastroesophagostomy - those medical terms have engrained in my brain after having dealt with it for a year and a half.) He's also finally able to sleep most of the night.
    The temperatures dropped drastically recently so we have to keep him warm at all time.
    Hopefully, you guys are taking good care of yourselves and your loved ones.
    All the best.
    I'll be back to update my ABC Hairstyle Challenge soon. I still take daily hairstyle photos and discover new ways to dress my hair, I update the photos on Instagram without any words. Now I just need to find time to write down the text instructions and post them here in alphabetic order.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; December 1st, 2022 at 08:58 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Good news about your dad, tuanyiji and I hope he continues to be comfortable and improving.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh, that's encouraging! Good to hear, tuanyiji.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Thanks for checking in, tuanyiji

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Glad to hear there's a bit of light shining on y'all, tuanyiji! Sending all the positive vibes I can.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    I'm not a psychologist, but this sounds more like AD(H)D to me than anything else. it's about attention, a lot of people with ADHD have known this 'hyperfocus'. Misphonia is more common with people with ADHD. Do you have acces to a psychologist maybe?

I know this hyperfocus thing, its terrible. I recently learned how to deal with it a bit better. I replaced my old hyperfocuses with more desirable ones. I used to have obsession with buying certain things, now I wait 2 weeks, for every decision and only a few of my obsession keep hanging around after that.
    I think my brain is giving me hyperfocus also to keep away from pain. if I have a overactive mind and start obsessing, i have some control and I don't have to surrender or think about what really hurts.

You have no control over your obsession, but you can 'cheat' and more importantly: bare them. You first will think you go crazy but nothing happens when you don't cut it.
    I'm too poor for one sadly 2 weeks doesn't work for me I can fight an urge for months and it doesn't go away