Page 3247 of 4451 FirstFirst ... 224727473147319732373245324632473248324932573297334737474247 ... LastLast
Results 32,461 to 32,470 of 44510

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

After my shower last night I asked my partner to trim 2.5 inches off my hair. So I hand him the shears and a tape measure. He takes the scissors but snubs the tape measure saying he doesn't need it then used his fingers to show me what 2.5 inches looked like. I immediately disagree and claim it's more like 3 inches. Welp, I measured it and gall-lee was it Exactly 2.5 inches. It really comes in handy to be with a tool and die maker haha.

Also, I took my braids down this morning and couldn't be more happier with the cut. I love my ends!

Type
    2a/C/ii

I feel like I've been so inactive on this forum lately, and I can kinda understand why I haven't had the energy to post, but at the same time I wish I had made time and put some effort to keep up with it all. Anyway, that's not what this thread is about.

Isn't it funny how we can know something perfectly well, and still try to find ways around it? I've known since I was a teen that my hair doesn't care for conditioner, so why do I keep trying conditioner? why do I get surprised when my hair acts up, and becomes a sticky, knotty mess? and how is it that I'm always surprised when my hair turns back to its usual self when I go back to a normal (super basic) sulfate shampoo and ditch the conditioner?
    I can't with myself sometimes.

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I still cannot get over how amazing, thick and shiny my hair is post-chop.
    You did it! I'm so jealous of your ends right now lol How much did you take off total?

*just saw your pics and your hair looks fantastic!

My urge to trim is back. It has been for a while. When I trimmed back to waist I didn't intend on growing out again. I've only grown it out this long because my regrowth is still coming in. I figured why not just let it all grow out then trim back to waist when it'll be extra thick?

But I'd love to reach classic+ finally. So I'm going to aim for 2020 no trims but after that I cannot say. Maybe hip? Maybe classic? Maybe hang out at fingertip for a while? Idk but my mind is exhausted.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I'm glad to hear you're still happy with your haircut, Joules!

I'm not even close to as sad about the TE situation as I am just plain annoyed at this point. My hair loss first started to increase in late August and apparently reached its peak around late September. Now I might be shedding slightly less than at the worst time but I am not sure. I wonder how long it will go on for, still...? I am so sick of the loose hairs, especially when washing. I am about 3 months in and TE usually goes on for around 6 months, so I hope I've shed mine off so heavily that it will only be like 4 months. I don't know if it even works like that but one can always hope.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

The-Young-Maid, thanks! I took off almost 10 inches in total. Planned for a bit less, but oh well, get to play with shorter length for a couple of months

Ylva, I'm so sorry you have to go through this I hope your shedding improves soon!
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

How about an indigo glaze? I'd ask the experts, but it might work. You could strand test to find the best timing. It will wear off in a month or so, but does no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    I'm kinda considering dyeing my hair again... Just a slightly deeper brown, more chocolate-y. The thing keeping me back is the upkeep and damage. Is there such a thing as dye that causes very little damage?

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I looked at this and realized just how long it's been since my henna gloss. It also occurred to me that I could cut my hair just at the first horizontal stripe and get rid of most of my layers. Not that I'm going to! Ironically, I cut those layers just over a year ago, thinking my hair would look healthier if I took a few inches off. When it didn't, I found LHC and learned how to actually take care of my hair.

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Beautiful, Liz, and what a lovely clear photo too. I love your soft silver streaks.

O...M...G. Those hook hair ties? I never saw the point of them because I was attempting to use them incorrectly.

The other day I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gguDsNy9TIc

I thought the hooks were supposed to hook together! I didn't know you hooked them into your *hair*! That makes so much more sense!! I bought some yeeeeeears ago because I thought they might work better for my hair than regular elastics (which, if they stretch enough to get a doubled section of hair through to make a ponytail, means they are too loose to hold the hair, enter ponytail sag). But, thinking the hooks were supposed to attach together, I was discouraged because with my hair thickness, they didn't (after all, you'd need a very specific thickness for that to work, and too thick or too thin would mean they wouldn't meet and also be tight enough). So, I started using the remaining two I hadn't lost to attach my bodhran tipper to the crossbar of the bodhran so the two stay together (for which they work fabulously and are almost precisely the right length when the ends hook together). I lost one and only have one now, so I just tried it out on my hair... you guys, I made a high ponytail! That doesn't sag! I thought I couldn't wear high ponytails!

I am totally buying a bunch of these now. (Unfortunately, I think it'll have to be online, as I've not seen them in any store, even the beauty supply stores.)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Ylva, I'm so sorry you have to go through this I hope your shedding improves soon!
    Thank you, Joules I am hopeful that by the end of the year, I'd be shedding notably less.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz H View Post
    I looked at this and realized just how long it's been since my henna gloss. It also occurred to me that I could cut my hair just at the first horizontal stripe and get rid of most of my layers. Not that I'm going to! Ironically, I cut those layers just over a year ago, thinking my hair would look healthier if I took a few inches off. When it didn't, I found LHC and learned how to actually take care of my hair.

Your colour is really pretty! I love the light streak.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links