Page 1 of 4436 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

You know you have them, and we all know how akward it can be to share them with non-LHCers. So share them here.

One of mine: Hairsticks=less bad hair days. Occasionally at work I have to work with food, which means hair up. If I do a stick orchid bun, I end up with Farrah waves instead of hat-head. And I love pulling the stick out and letting it tumble.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Thread

Haha, I was having random hair thoughts at work (as you do), I was packing chocolate sponges and ordinary sponges into bags ready to put in the shop. My boss was printing some labels out for me to attach, down at the far end of the bakery. "How many do you need?" she asked. "I'll have 12 chocolate ones and 12 blonde ones", I answered, before realising what I had said. Oops!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    20/waist/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

After watching Tangled's special features I began to wonder,how thick her hair was if she was real? So I looked up how thick a human hair strand is and multiplied that by the number of hair strands that was told on the special features and spent almost twenty minutes trying to figure it out. Well I thought too hard that I got a major headache at the end. I still haven't figured out the answer.Let's see if you math geniuses can figure this out.

Rapunzel has 40,000 hair strands, each about .001 inches in diameter.
    Last edited by ~honeyflower~; December 1st, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Lady Juliet, Guardian of Peace in Order of the Long Hair Knights.

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

honeyflower It would be 40 inches. I just don't now how her neck could support the weight of it.

Sunscreen obsessed weirdo kaydana's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ~honeyflower~ View Post
    After watching Tangled's special features I began to wonder,how thick her hair was if she was real? So I looked up how thick a human hair strand is and multiplied that by the number of hair strands that was told on the special features and spent almost twenty minutes trying to figure it out. Well I thought too hard that I got a major headache at the end. I still haven't figured out the answer.Let's see if you math geniuses can figure this out.

Her hair would be very thin. Obviously the way that the strands arrange themselves would make a difference but I got an estimate of 0.7 inches for her ponytail circumference, so she really would have incredibly thin hair.

Type
    2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlida View Post
    honeyflower It would be 40 inches. I just don't now how her neck could support the weight of it.
    No, the circumference wouldn't be 40 inches; if you laid out all the hairs next to each other and measured across them, then that length would be 40 inches.

I've forgotten how to math (), but I would assume kaydana's answer is right.

The average number of hair strands blondes have on their head is about 140,000 strands, so she really wouldn't have thick hair at all in real life.

ETA: Apparently redheads have 90,000 strands on average, which is closer to 40,000 but still over twice as much. And I wouldn't be surprised if redheads generally have coarser hair than blondes do, making up for having "few" strands with the thickness of the strands.
    Last edited by Thinthondiel; December 1st, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Hair is like a tea kettle if you watch it- it won't grow. You watch a tea kettle it won't boil.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I watched Brave the other day and decided that if I ever see hair like the lead girls' I would physically try and take if from that person!
    Loved the movie because the hair was almost a character in it!

Jacqueline101- I totally agree with your kettle and hair thing- I'm watching mine and it's NOT growing!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ~honeyflower~ View Post

This is so cute!!!
    The sun is the same in a relative way

Sometimes after I wash my hair I think, "Welocme back curls; I missed you."