Page 4189 of 4436 FirstFirst ... 3189368940894139417941874188418941904191419942394289 ... LastLast
Results 41,881 to 41,890 of 44352

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by angel-baby View Post
    I used to swear up and down that I would never sleep in a bonnet, because what was the point wearing something that unsexy to bed if I already had the satin pillowcase.

Guess who’s rocking the bonnet now
    Yes, exactly. I do try to make a point of saving the bonnet till lights are off though. Unless I am just too tired to care...:-P

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    Yes, exactly. I do try to make a point of saving the bonnet till lights are off though. Unless I am just too tired to care...:-P
    I wear my bonnet over my bun when I take my nap as well. I can take my nap anywhere, but I can't sleep without a bonnet lol.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

Quote Originally Posted by angel-baby View Post
    I booked full head highlights along with my trim in January. RIP my bank account, but it will be much healthier for my hair than trying to bleach the roots at home. I'm hoping I can get away with more time in between coloring by doing it this way. Sticking with my light, bright blonde for now but might weave in some darker honey shades in the future
    You can alternate as well like full head then the next time or so just half a head or even quarter head it should save you money in the long run

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Every time I'm bored I want to cut at least 4 inches. Good to know my mind works this way.
    My ends still look like after my early July's trim, I'm contemplating skipping the December/January trim. I don't say I want to go a full year, but more than 6 months, yes. Actually, before LHC I did trim every 8-10 months. But I'm quite sure I'll join the 2023-second half without trims, however I can't find the thread
    I think what I want to do in general is to grow a lot past classic "just to see how it looks" and then to do a consistent cut (5+ inches).

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Every time I'm bored I want to cut at least 4 inches. Good to know my mind works this way.
    My ends still look like after my early July's trim, I'm contemplating skipping the December/January trim. I don't say I want to go a full year, but more than 6 months, yes. Actually, before LHC I did trim every 8-10 months. But I'm quite sure I'll join the 2023-second half without trims, however I can't find the thread
    I think what I want to do in general is to grow a lot past classic "just to see how it looks" and then to do a consistent cut (5+ inches).
    I think it's amazing to think of how much power there is in knowing certain patterns in ourselves, like your pattern of wanting to cut when bored. I have found this in non-hair related things as well, just being aware really helps in pausing for a moment before doing or thinking something impulsive.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Prior to my trim yesterday, I had my hair measured for the first time ever. It was 122 cm / 48 in. Now I guess it is 117 cm / 46 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Here is the thread!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    My BF laughs at me because I do this. I'm full of shame about my bonnet. And he sometimes turns the lights back on and says: I can see you with your hair bag on. Ugh, so unsexy but it's keeping my hair healthy and frizz free. And another benefit: I somehow sleep better in it. before this, I woke up when somebody was laying on my hair (myself included) and my hair in a bun when sleeping was not that comfortable and also gave a lot of frizz and breakage.

I have a love hate relationship with my bonnet. The shame!
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I suspect my shampoo and conditioner are responsible for a lot of shedding. Everytime I wash my hair I lose heaps of hair while I barely seem to lose any when I keep it dry, which wasn't the case before I used my current setup. So now I'm going to get my hair wet when showering just to make sure if this is the case or not. I hope not because I just baught a new bottle of each.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I was wondering why I was suddenly getting random L-shaped (90 degree bent) split ends. Wasn't even sure if they were split lmao but coming across this thread on the LHC was super helpful (I just don't want to pointlessly bump an ancient thread). Turns out I was getting them because of my buns that were held together with a tight-fitting claw clip I started wearing recently and frequently! My ends would snare up in between the claws in all sorts of bizarre positions and then end up bent. Finally cut them all off. I didn't know for sure until the other day when I cut a lot off, put it in that same bun, and then checked again and yep, bent splits galore! Yikes. The more you know! Having hair on the finer side sure comes with its own price tag lol.

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

The awkward stage is real and lasts so long 😞