Page 3361 of 4444 FirstFirst ... 236128613261331133513359336033613362336333713411346138614361 ... LastLast
Results 33,601 to 33,610 of 44435

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I'm having cutting urges!

I never make impulsive hair decisions so there's no danger of that, it's just... I feel so unhappy and dissatisfied with my ends at the moment. I think I want to get rid of the most damaged ends sooner than I'd planned, which means doing the first cut late this year. I'm thinking I'll cut 5 cm at a time (every 6 months), so I should be rid of it in 2-3 trims.

I have lots of time to think about it, at least.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vacurlylady View Post
    Sarah you are my hair idol! I feel mine is going to be similar to yours as it gains more length. ❤️

I don’t know what to say about your ends bugging you today except to send you virtual hugs.. ������
    You know, I think it will! Though hopefully better behaved! You keep on growing your gorgeous hair! It's curlier than mine, but oh, so lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Sometimes few inches can do a lot of difference! Or at least that's what I've found. I don't think you don't need to trim it to waist to get the worst out.

And I just love how your hair color looks so seamless despite having so many colors in it
    Thank you! I just really don't want to lose even a few inches. I guess I'm not ready to go shorter. I'll trim a half inch in June after the no trim challenge is over, and then I'll see what I feel like doing next. My hair did behave a little better this morning, it may have just been having a bad day, before. And it's not so bad when it's kept in a straight jacket (bunned)
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I'm having cutting urges!

I never make impulsive hair decisions so there's no danger of that, it's just... I feel so unhappy and dissatisfied with my ends at the moment. I think I want to get rid of the most damaged ends sooner than I'd planned, which means doing the first cut late this year. I'm thinking I'll cut 5 cm at a time (every 6 months), so I should be rid of it in 2-3 trims.

I have lots of time to think about it, at least.
    Ok, I am literally going through the same thing here. What I do to stop myself from cutting is have a wash day even it I did it yesterday. I looks so much better when you do the routine ,you know, put some extra conditioner on the ends and make it smooth. Hang in there!
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    Ok, I am literally going through the same thing here. What I do to stop myself from cutting is have a wash day even it I did it yesterday. I looks so much better when you do the routine ,you know, put some extra conditioner on the ends and make it smooth. Hang in there!
    Yes, for me, washing the hair does a lot to dispel the urge to cut. I know that always - when I am unhappy with my hair, it will ALWAYS be on the day before wash day. It looks and behaves so much better after washing.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Yes, for me, washing the hair does a lot to dispel the urge to cut. I know that always - when I am unhappy with my hair, it will ALWAYS be on the day before wash day. It looks and behaves so much better after washing.
    You are very correct - my hair also looks and feels best when it's freshly washed. My conditioner use is so heavy already, though, washing every other day, that I try to restrict that a bit, too. But I've managed with my damaged hair for several years already; I think I'll manage one more. Thank you!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    You are very correct - my hair also looks and feels best when it's freshly washed. My conditioner use is so heavy already, though, washing every other day, that I try to restrict that a bit, too. But I've managed with my damaged hair for several years already; I think I'll manage one more. Thank you!
    Always here when you need me! :*
    Growing virgin hip length

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I'm trying the lazy wrap again. This time I kept my front hair out of the twist. It seemed like my headache was mostly from the front because of the weight. So I wrapped that around the bun separately to see how it goes.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    I'm trying the lazy wrap again. This time I kept my front hair out of the twist. It seemed like my headache was mostly from the front because of the weight. So I wrapped that around the bun separately to see how it goes.
    Okay that still didn't work. I also tried a faux crown braid with twin braids, also a no go.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    For me, I always get the urge to cut right after washing! I hate wet hair sticking to me and detangling is a pain and then waiting for it to dry...
    The next day is my happy day.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I just got a trim last week and I can’t figure out how to put it up in a stylish and functional way. My usual crown bun (I’m not a bun in the back of the head person) now has an alfalfa sprout in the center which is 100% not cute. Wah! I’m sure I’ll figure it out but I needed to whine about it a bit.