Page 4460 of 4470 FirstFirst ... 3460396043604410445044584459446044614462 ... LastLast
Results 44,591 to 44,600 of 44700

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by QueenLapis View Post
    I really can't believe how damaging bleach was for my naturally very dark brown hair. I was bleaching to get to a very light ash blonde, so you can imagine how bad it got. I was straightening for so many years and there was not a lot of damage, it was growing pretty well.

The bleach really fried it, I feel a bit nervous now when friends tell me they are going to take the plunge and go blonde if they have super dark hair naturally. I always support them, but provide a bit of a warning...that stuff does loads of damage! But of course, when the thought gets in your brain, it is very hard to resist bleach!
    True, true. I just highlighted my hair again today. I love it. I also have invested in olaplex, strengthening and moisturising masks, and try to handle my hair with as much care as possible. The blond life is not cheap.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I just remembered... a horror hair story.

About twenty years ago, layered haircuts became all the rage where I live. I was fifteen, my best friend was fifteen, and one day after school she said to me: Will you give me a layered trim? And I replied: Sure, no problem! (Neither of us did think for a second about going to a proper hairdresser. We were fifteen and had a few cents in our pockets.) There was no Google back then, no Youtube tutorials. And I thought - how hard can a layered cut be???

Long story short (pun not intended), we went to my house, I took our blunt kitchen scissors and cut my friend's hair freely. Started shorter in the front, then angled the scissors and went for the back. It was uneven, left compared to the right side, of course, so I kept "evening it out" until I butchered my friend's hair - took her from WL to SL in the front, APL in the back - which, with her wavy texture made her look exactly like a cocker spaniel. She really hated me for two months. I still hate myself for my insolence.

Years later I did cut layers on my sister's hair, using the compact cut method, but not before trying it twice on myself and showing her the results first. She at least, was pleased.
    Anything is possible.
    My Instagram

Length
    Buzz/thigh/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

I've been growing out henna for the past few months (like 4 months now I think) and I think I'm reaching my breaking point. I'm kinda bothered because I'd been fantasizing about not having to bother with roots or wondering if using a blowdryer/oiling is going to affect the color, etc, but the red is calling to me. I just put some frozen henna in the refrigerator and I miiiight do my roots tomorrow. I'm actually a bit excited about it!

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Nefcerka i enjoyed the hair story. Especially the cocker spaniel part
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/HL/CL

Nefcerka, ow...! That's like a scenario of my worst Nightmare. To accidentally mess up someone else's hair.
    Understand why that felt heavy on you. You have my sympathy.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Bald/HL/CL

So, have been thinking about the length here on LHC.
    That is, you can see I've filled out Chin length as a starting point, because that's where I was this last time when I began regrowing my hair from a haircut I had regretted.
    Before that, when I decided to grow my hair long I was completely shaved (bald), and then let it grow to TBL before in a weak moment chopped it off to my shoulders (a trim I've regretted ever since), and hav been since then attemtpted to grow back to TBL with varying success....

So my questionn is, if it would be considered incorrect if I change the Chin status, to Bald?

What do you guys think?

Length
    BSL/CL/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

So after a long time of "benign neglect" (maybe too much!) I'm deciding to make an effort on my haircare again. Like at least a deep conditioning mask here and there, try new things/treatments, get a silk cap, etc. My hair is very tangly lately and it's because I don't bother using conditioner anymore or doing masks/oiling, brushing that often etc. Plus I let it get too tangled sometimes. It's hard having hair this long (and fine) when you are depressed but I refuse to cut it.
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    So, have been thinking about the length here on LHC.
    That is, you can see I've filled out Chin length as a starting point, because that's where I was this last time when I began regrowing my hair from a haircut I had regretted.
    Before that, when I decided to grow my hair long I was completely shaved (bald), and then let it grow to TBL before in a weak moment chopped it off to my shoulders (a trim I've regretted ever since), and hav been since then attemtpted to grow back to TBL with varying success....

So my questionn is, if it would be considered incorrect if I change the Chin status, to Bald?

What do you guys think?
    I don't think it's incorrect and I've marked in bold why. You said it yourself. "When I decided to grow my hair long..."
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Bald/HL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I don't think it's incorrect and I've marked in bold why. You said it yourself. "When I decided to grow my hair long..."
    Ah, yeah, that's true! Thank you .

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Getting tired of looking at my damaged ends. Want to cut them off but don't want to lose length! My patience is wearing as thin as my ends
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆