Page 4258 of 4348 FirstFirst ... 325837584158420842484256425742584259426042684308 ... LastLast
Results 42,571 to 42,580 of 43479

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    In March, I started to decorate my hairstyles with fresh flowers/leaves from our rooftop gardens and plants in our neighborhood and well, it goes surprisingly well.
    I don't know, maybe because both are things that grow well with enough care, water, and nourishment.
    I think I will continue to do this even when some of my plants fruit in summer and autumn. Here are some examples so far.

I wonder if I should start a new thread about "Blooms in Buns/Braids, Corsage Coiffures, Herbal Hairstyles" (I adore alliteration lol)

If you think it's fun, and would like to share you pics or videos about your hair with blossoms, whether it's real flowers or un-real ones - paper, stone, metal, cloth, plastic... everything floral is welcome

Your elegant hair dos are absolutely beautiful and flawless, tuanyiji hun. I for one, would be love to join your new thread. I grow flowers all year round and would enjoy putting some in my hair. I also have flower clips I adore and recently, even some homemade rose hair sticks I made. I think it’s a great idea. Heck even if it’s just you and I in the thread, lol, it would still be fun. I would love to see your future floral up-dos. They’re very charming, feminine and romantic.

Length
    buzz/hip/happy
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Braided Lady View Post
    My mom does everyone in the family, and a lot of my dad's family too. It's become normal for them to ask for a haircut when they're visiting. I think it's really cool. No one else I know cuts each other's hair, they always go to the barber, but I have only ever had my hair cut by my mom, and now I cut her hair, too! From what I hear it does save a lot of money. And I can tell her if I want a specific amount off, and decently trust her to do it.
    Your mom sounds lovely, it´s so nice of her to cut everyone´s hair.

It was perfectly normal to do each other´s hair in my great-grandparents households. I don´t think there were any salons or barber shops back then, maybe only for the very rich? I was fortunate to know my great-grandmamma and she had long silver hair and wore updos. Sadly, it changed in my grandparents generation - my grandmother fell for perms and dyes and did go to a salon religiously. Likewise my mother, she cut her beautiful virgin hip length hair when she had me and followed the perm & dye path ever since. She never cut my hair, I was at a mercy of hairdressers. Fortunately, now my DH cuts my hair and I his, and if I´m blessed with a daughter one day, I will cut her hair into any style and length she might want.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

So beautiful, tuanyiji! I always look forward to the season when I can start putting wildflowers in my hair c:

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    Your elegant hair dos are absolutely beautiful and flawless, tuanyiji hun. I for one, would be love to join your new thread. I grow flowers all year round and would enjoy putting some in my hair. I also have flower clips I adore and recently, even some homemade rose hair sticks I made. I think it’s a great idea. Heck even if it’s just you and I in the thread, lol, it would still be fun. I would love to see your future floral up-dos. They’re very charming, feminine and romantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    So beautiful, tuanyiji! I always look forward to the season when I can start putting wildflowers in my hair c:
    Thank you very much both sisters, let's do it, even if there are just the three of us lol.
    Here's the link to the new thread:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...95#post3984995
    Last edited by tuanyiji; March 27th, 2023 at 10:13 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    SL/APL/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Flowers in hair, so lovely . Your updos are so elegant and unique, tuanyiji

I kind of feel like I'm having a stall. When I post pictures here people say : oh , your hair has grown so much. But I don't feel like its growing att all. Bra strap still seems very far away...
    Now I begin to understand why it's called mid-back abyss
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Bats Fly At Night
    Length
    Bald/PIXIE/TBL+

When there is nothing to report growing hair is boring 😅 I've had brief flashes of coloring my hair when I see pictures on Instagram and old photos with my pink hair but it's so brief the urge fades after a few minutes.
    Ivd has zero trim urges as well but it's early days still.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    When there is nothing to report growing hair is boring �� I've had brief flashes of coloring my hair when I see pictures on Instagram and old photos with my pink hair but it's so brief the urge fades after a few minutes.
    Ivd has zero trim urges as well but it's early days still.
    Growing out hair is boring!

I think this all sounds great, I think you're going to make it :-)
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Because of life things my washing schedule for the next week is all messed up, I hate when this happens.
    Enjoying shorter hair for a while

Length
    1,50/19/29
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've been wearing only braids lately, day & night, and yay, my scalp feels so much happier!

Length
    6/20/41
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/i

I have two dreds in my hair and I didn't plan them. A gel actually caused some hair to fuse together. I've worked out some, cut 2, and now I'm down to 2 in areas I can least afford it (neck, where hair is already shortest and at my middle part). Praying for patience, so I can work them out.