Short/MBL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    "Is your hair wavy or curly?"
    Yes
    I laughed hard at this.

A lot of times, it's all of the above at the same time. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, HAIR.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Ahhh Shug

I washed and conditioned my hair. Most important lesson i learned this year: my ends don't like washing. And my hair doesn't like too many products.
    When wet and stretched my hair is 10 cm from tailbone. But unstretched it's a long way
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Hip

Due to a fiasco that involved dye transfer on a fridge I've been banned for using fashion colors until I move out in June so I'll be dying my hair with a blue black semi permanent for a while

I'm allowed to bleach it blond but I have an unhealthy relationship with bleach
    ( sabotaging length gains by over bleaching)
    So giving it up for now
    Using a semi permanent ( not a deposit dye)
    Keeps dying urges at bay while not completely wrecking my hair.

I hate kanekalon. I want to love it. It seems such a cool way to add color to your hair. But for me it's awful stuff. It tangles with itself worse than my hair tangles. It tangles with my hair, and with the elastic I use to put it in my hair. Little strands pull out of the bunch and get all over (I really hope the cat never swallows one). It sticks to my fingers and tangles when I try to braid it into my hair, and tangles when I try to take it out, and tangles when I store it. It's a nightmare. I have some I love in a rainbow gradient (I love the color, not the kanekalon itself). I have a couple more packs, one red and one blue, that I'm going to donate because it's not even worth fighting with them. It's really disappointing (and a bit infuriating, dealing with it).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post
    I laughed hard at this.

A lot of times, it's all of the above at the same time. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, HAIR.
    Mission accomplished. It's hard to style.

Length
    17,5/APL+/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I hate kanekalon. I want to love it. It seems such a cool way to add color to your hair. But for me it's awful stuff. It tangles with itself worse than my hair tangles. It tangles with my hair, and with the elastic I use to put it in my hair. Little strands pull out of the bunch and get all over (I really hope the cat never swallows one). It sticks to my fingers and tangles when I try to braid it into my hair, and tangles when I try to take it out, and tangles when I store it. It's a nightmare. I have some I love in a rainbow gradient (I love the color, not the kanekalon itself). I have a couple more packs, one red and one blue, that I'm going to donate because it's not even worth fighting with them. It's really disappointing (and a bit infuriating, dealing with it).
    That's exactly how I feel about it too. It was just a huge disappointment.

I somehow dropped a hairbrush in my eye!!! Luckily it was a lightweight tangle teezer, but just what... I know I am clumsy, but I still too often surprise myself.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Do you know when life for one reason or another just gets in the way? Well, this was my last week and I think I've caused a lot of mechanical damage to my hair, because not only I have had it constantly down, but I wasn't careful. It got caught in things several times. Time for some extra care.
    Last edited by Bri-Chan; February 6th, 2023 at 05:58 PM.
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Hip

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Do you know when life for one reason or another just gets in the way? Well, this was my last week and I think I've caused a lot of mechanical damage to my hair, because not only I have had it constantly down, but I wasn't careful. It got caught in things several times. Time for some extra care.
    can relate my hair is wrecked and back to black, I feel so boring lol
    Maintaining 2023
    1st Goal: Chin length Bob
    End Goal: Hip Length