Page 4222 of 4226 FirstFirst ... 3222372241224172421242204221422242234224 ... LastLast
Results 42,211 to 42,220 of 42256

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    CBL/WL/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'd never wish this on myself or anyone but sometimes it would be nice to just be in a coma until my hair gets to CBL so I don't have to wait so impatiently to get past the awkward stage I keep putting myself in
    I find it helpful to measure out how long it will take, and then try to stick it out until then. If you're not trimming your bottom layers, it won't take that long until CBL, right?
    CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL | BCL | TBL | CL

Se nye skal du yne det store i det sm.

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    I find it helpful to measure out how long it will take, and then try to stick it out until then. If you're not trimming your bottom layers, it won't take that long until CBL, right?
    I should be atleast shoulder by December if I successfully don't trim during that time getting past chin is the hardest part for me

Length
    APL/BSL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I am in one of those "I hate my hair" phases where I don't know what would make me happy. Back when I was in high school I would get to this length and always getting it cut back up to SL. I think I just need to stick it out, because when I last grew my hair out WL/HL were my favorite lengths once I got past the BSL phase. Maybe I'll try keeping it up more, as much as I want to enjoy it being down... if I can't enjoy it being down, what's the point?

I feel you, Bat. It seems like that urge is just like hard wired in out of habit. Sometimes you just need to ignore it and focus your attention elsewhere... easier said than done though

No trimming challenge 2023 | Finger combing only challenge
    APL {07/22} | BSL {11/22} | WL | HL | BCL?
    Learning to love my hair after a big chop & enjoying the journey

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I think I have too many hair products at the moment and this makes me anxious that everything will go bad before me actually using them up. It's not a lot by itself, but it's a lot given the amount of product I use. I own 3 shampoo, two full and one 2/5 full. 2 masks, one 1/3 full (but very concentrated, a little amount is needed), one full. 2 conditioners, both never used. Two leave ins, one never used and the other 3/4 full. Luckily, just one heat protectant.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one to feel this way, I feel I need to use some of those up as quickly as possible. Maybe the leave in (which is from an organic brand) gives me more concerns.

I think what made me owning "so many" products is that I underestimated the time I actually need to use things up.
    Last edited by Bri-Chan; January 25th, 2023 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Eta
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have never seen a shampoo or conditioner go bad, even though some have sat in my cupboard for probably 2 years, maybe more. They weren't organic, but I saw no difference in the product at all over time.

I also underestimate how long it takes to use them and buy too much.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I've not had any shampoo or conditioner "go bad" either. If they look funny I shake them up a bunch, re-homogenize them. Admittedly I don't use them on my hair (NW/SO) but I do use them on woolen garments and blankets. Works fine.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Actually never happened to me either, but I think all the products I mentioned are opened and I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking...
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Actually never happened to me either, but I think all the products I mentioned are opened and I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking...
    The only product I've had go probably bad was a more 'natural' shampoo, opened and not used very much for a year or so before it went off (and at least 2yrs after opening). It smelled absolutely fine though, it was just the texture was off - gloopy and runny bits - and I didn't want to risk it on my scalp. If it had been a conditioner or something else that didn't go on my scalp, I may have made a different choice.

I have an Aussie conditioner that has probably been open for ... 7 or 8 years now? I stopped using cones in 2017, and the bottle is mostly empty, but I found it again the year before last and decided to see if it was any good to use on my ends, to see if cones helped them. It's absolutely fine!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I am in one of those "I hate my hair" phases where I don't know what would make me happy. Back when I was in high school I would get to this length and always getting it cut back up to SL. I think I just need to stick it out, because when I last grew my hair out WL/HL were my favorite lengths once I got past the BSL phase. Maybe I'll try keeping it up more, as much as I want to enjoy it being down... if I can't enjoy it being down, what's the point?

I feel you, Bat. It seems like that urge is just like hard wired in out of habit. Sometimes you just need to ignore it and focus your attention elsewhere... easier said than done though
    Right? I feel like I'm having it a bit easier because I've decided to stop Trimming indefinitely allowing only for a cut that would help me get it all one length

My main urges I'm fighting is adding permanent black to my hair maybe I'll just put a semi deposit streak in so it fades out

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    I've not had any shampoo or conditioner "go bad" either. If they look funny I shake them up a bunch, re-homogenize them. Admittedly I don't use them on my hair (NW/SO) but I do use them on woolen garments and blankets. Works fine.
    There is one or two brands where the scent rots over time but the stuff still works OGX coconut range and the Garnier hairfood range especially Papaya and Banana

Length
    1/26.5/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

It finally clicked in my head why the order of SMP is the way it is. After a good scritch, my scalp is always flaky and dry, it never dawned on me until this morning that is the reason the massage comes next, to help stimulate the scalp and move sebum around to moisturize/coat the exposed skin. And then of course the preen to distribute those oils through the length and remove any excess debris. This is how I'm looking at it right now, at least!