Page 4190 of 4226 FirstFirst ... 31903690409041404180418841894190419141924200 ... LastLast
Results 41,891 to 41,900 of 42256

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I came across a newspaper clipping I had saved many years ago. It was of a woman and a teenager both with very long hair, who had their ends tied together like a jumprope, and there was a young long-haired girl in between. I don't have it at my fingertips right now, but I think it was taken in London.
    Whilst washing my hair on Monday I really randomly remembered a newspaper article (in the UK) about a lady with Ö I think ankle length? blonde hair, who washed it twice a year with baby shampoo. I wondered, when I remembered, whether she was a member here. Your comment re-reminded me
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Prior to my trim yesterday, I had my hair measured for the first time ever. It was 122 cm / 48 in. Now I guess it is 117 cm / 46 in.

Here is the thread!
    Thank you!
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I was wondering why I was suddenly getting random L-shaped (90 degree bent) split ends. Wasn't even sure if they were split lmao but coming across this thread on the LHC was super helpful (I just don't want to pointlessly bump an ancient thread). Turns out I was getting them because of my buns that were held together with a tight-fitting claw clip I started wearing recently and frequently! My ends would snare up in between the claws in all sorts of bizarre positions and then end up bent. Finally cut them all off. I didn't know for sure until the other day when I cut a lot off, put it in that same bun, and then checked again and yep, bent splits galore! Yikes. The more you know! Having hair on the finer side sure comes with its own price tag lol.
    I don't have any split ends, I only have these broken ends. Wonder if it does say anything about the state of my hair?
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    13.5/27/TERM
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I was wondering why I was suddenly getting random L-shaped (90 degree bent) split ends. Wasn't even sure if they were split lmao but coming across this thread on the LHC was super helpful (I just don't want to pointlessly bump an ancient thread). Turns out I was getting them because of my buns that were held together with a tight-fitting claw clip I started wearing recently and frequently! My ends would snare up in between the claws in all sorts of bizarre positions and then end up bent. Finally cut them all off. I didn't know for sure until the other day when I cut a lot off, put it in that same bun, and then checked again and yep, bent splits galore! Yikes. The more you know! Having hair on the finer side sure comes with its own price tag lol.
    I get L-shaped bent hairs when I wear buns. Why does that happen? Iím very careful when I make my buns and insert my forks. Maybe when I wear buns I should leave the ends out. I dunno. Lately Iíve been wearing my hair in either a side braid or a log roll held with an XXL claw clip. No bent hairs that way.
    Final goal: T E R M I N A L.
    Last trim March 25, 2021.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    I suspect my shampoo and conditioner are responsible for a lot of shedding. Everytime I wash my hair I lose heaps of hair while I barely seem to lose any when I keep it dry, which wasn't the case before I used my current setup. So now I'm going to get my hair wet when showering just to make sure if this is the case or not. I hope not because I just baught a new bottle of each.
    I was right, my shampoo and conditioner are indeed the culprits! And I need several months before my full bottles are empty!

I had those L-bent hairs all over this week when I S&D. I opted to wet and apply leave-in, and cut out the ones that stayed bent. They were tangling with the other hairs terribly. I don’t know how they were bent, I can only assume I twisted my hair oddly or too tightly one day. Glad to read through that old thread and realize it happens to others, but that was the first time I’d seen them on myself
    maintaining between WL & HL while seasonally trimming bleached ends last bleach nov 2020

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Shampoo with chelating ingredients did the trick. I hadn't realized how much hard water adds to rough, tangly texture. I really should be using it every 3rd to 4th shampoo. Wisconsin water is so full of minerals because we're sitting on granite, I think it is.

Length
    13.5/27/TERM
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I had those L-bent hairs all over this week when I S&D. I opted to wet and apply leave-in, and cut out the ones that stayed bent. They were tangling with the other hairs terribly. I don’t know how they were bent, I can only assume I twisted my hair oddly or too tightly one day. Glad to read through that old thread and realize it happens to others, but that was the first time I’d seen them on myself
    I just read through that thread and I’m glad that others experience this too.
    Final goal: T E R M I N A L.
    Last trim March 25, 2021.

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    Shampoo with chelating ingredients did the trick. I hadn't realized how much hard water adds to rough, tangly texture. I really should be using it every 3rd to 4th shampoo. Wisconsin water is so full of minerals because we're sitting on granite, I think it is.
    Hard water is annoying when it comes to hair. Only one wash at my father in law's house will give me build up because of the hard well water he's got. So, it makes sense that you will have to chelate often. Annoying to have to put your hair through that, but I guess it's better than letting stuff build up there for too long.

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

I'm considering not doing no trims 23 after all I honestly think I'll just struggle with resisting trims during the awkward stage, I might just spend next year or two getting it to all one length if I can get to apl by doing that then I'll do 2025 no trims

I'm getting a bit tired honestly of failing these, I think if I can get to apl while trimming Im good