Page 4181 of 4191 FirstFirst ... 3181368140814131417141794180418141824183 ... LastLast
Results 41,801 to 41,810 of 41904

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    17,5/APL+/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Years ago I walked out of a salon because they tried to take higher price because I am a woman. They said it's always more hassle to cut womens hair. (Of course I asked about the price, they didn't cut my hair. But they had some advertisement with lower price and then they said they would charge me more just because of that).

Then I found out it's actually illegal here to have different prices based on sex. But the hair salons just don't care. So I trim myself too, sometimes with help of DH.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I was reading through a few pages yesterday looking for some information about U-shaped haircut.
    Almost every page I visited had expressions like " cutting off dead ends" and " you should visit your hairstylist every 6 to 8 weeks for maintaining the shape"
    Holy cow
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    I was reading through a few pages yesterday looking for some information about U-shaped haircut.
    Almost every page I visited had expressions like " cutting off dead ends" and " you should visit your hairstylist every 6 to 8 weeks for maintaining the shape"
    Holy cow
    Let’s face it, all hemlines end up uneven if you don’t maintain it.
    So for me, lifetime no-trimmer and zero maintenance, natural fairtails for the win
    98cm 1b/C/10.3cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    APL/BSL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Holy cow
    I found that I got a very consistent U hemline using Feye's trimming method, it was really easy to do. If I trim in the future, that's the method I'll be using again. All it takes is two hairties, some strategic head tilting based on how deep/shallow you want the U to be, and a good pair of scissors.

I'm not touching scissors at all next year though, so maybe in 2024 if I lose my hemline. I don't like fairytale ends on myself personally, so

Started my journey over on 07/31/22 and learning to love my hair again
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds.
    You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds. ☽◯☾

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I just did a fishtail braid for the first time! I thought it was cute but was a bit disappointed that it wasn't super visible on my black hair. However, my mom just came to my room, noticed it and complimented it so much! It made me feel so happy. She's also a big hair critic of mine so it meant even more to me

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Hip+

I'm dying my hair red and pink for my hairdressing graduation I think I'll wear my red lenses, pink tie and white top pants and shoes

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm dying my hair red and pink for my hairdressing graduation I think I'll wear my red lenses, pink tie and white top pants and shoes
    Great idea!

I ended up putting clairol natural instincts brown black on my hair and I'm glad I did. It looks much better. Guess I'm hopeless at not coloring my hair as I plan on using the same color every 6 weeks or so. This brand of brown black doesn't clash with my skin tone like other brands do.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My fishtail braid held up just fine all day! However, I learned that it's impossible to loosen without ruining the style. So whichever style I braid it in, whether it's a loose or tight fishtail, is how it's going to stay for the day!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Hip+

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    Great idea!

I ended up putting clairol natural instincts brown black on my hair and I'm glad I did. It looks much better. Guess I'm hopeless at not coloring my hair as I plan on using the same color every 6 weeks or so. This brand of brown black doesn't clash with my skin tone like other brands do.
    That's ok I'm hopeless too xD

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I've taken to using the term "curvyhair" in addition to "wurlyhair" because it's a new portmanteu to me and as a word nerd that delights me. Also, curvy seems to describe mine better sometimes.