Page 4174 of 4461 FirstFirst ... 3174367440744124416441724173417441754176418442244274 ... LastLast
Results 41,731 to 41,740 of 44609

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

My hair is starting to feel like a blanket around my shoulders. A very short blanket but a blanket none the less.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post
    So what you need to do is be busy until you hit your goal
    Seems like that's the way

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I need to do my monthly length check... another thing to add to the to-do list when I get home from work.

Also a thought... I really miss my FTL hair that I had before my major shed. I stumbled across a picture of it in my phone and felt my heart drop.
    At least this time I'm treating my hair as wurly rather than over-brushing it straight to oblivion... so there's that at least?

I don't know if that's my end goal per say, but I think my first "soft goal" is WL... then I'll reaccess from there I guess. I can't help but feel a bit bummed out is all.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I need to do my monthly length check... another thing to add to the to-do list when I get home from work.

Also a thought... I really miss my FTL hair that I had before my major shed. I stumbled across a picture of it in my phone and felt my heart drop.
    At least this time I'm treating my hair as wurly rather than over-brushing it straight to oblivion... so there's that at least?

I don't know if that's my end goal per say, but I think my first "soft goal" is WL... then I'll reaccess from there I guess. I can't help but feel a bit bummed out is all.
    I feel the same way! I grew to FTL, cut it because I experienced some nutrition related hair loss at the front and now growing back, from MBL (nearly waist!) We will get there sooner or later, I guess we just need to look after our hair and patiently enjoy the hair we currently do have.
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fairy_hair View Post
    I feel the same way! I grew to FTL, cut it because I experienced some nutrition related hair loss at the front and now growing back, from MBL (nearly waist!) We will get there sooner or later, I guess we just need to look after our hair and patiently enjoy the hair we currently do have.
    Well, you both have beautiful hair even if itís a little shorter than you want it to be for now. At least you both know what it feels like to have FTL hair- I donít plan on growing that long, but whooo knows, I reached my first goal and itís definitely not long enough for me!
    Maintaining 31Ē HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Happy that I used up three products today! I am sad I tossed a fourth. My alba gardenia conditioner. I love the smell of gardenia but this was just too strong for my sensitivies, especially since I had a horrific allergic reaction earlier this week that put me in urgent care.

On a similar note, I fear I'll have to purge many of my hair and skin products to keep it from happening again. Doctors have zero idea of the cause, but lately I've been getting watery eyes around fragrant products that never bothered me before :/

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Happy that I used up three products today! I am sad I tossed a fourth. My alba gardenia conditioner. I love the smell of gardenia but this was just too strong for my sensitivies, especially since I had a horrific allergic reaction earlier this week that put me in urgent care.

On a similar note, I fear I'll have to purge many of my hair and skin products to keep it from happening again. Doctors have zero idea of the cause, but lately I've been getting watery eyes around fragrant products that never bothered me before :/
    Oh no that sounds awful! I hope youíre feeling ok now.

I started to have sensitivities to various products and I didnít find out the exact culprits, but I changed to completely different types of formulations and try to keep to low scent products as well. Luckily I didnít have a strong allergic reaction like you did, but my scalp got ďburnedĒ (pharmacistís words) when I used a stronger than usual and highly scented shampoo. I donít know if it was the essential oils in the shampoo, or the ALS (which I have used and had no problem with in the past, but in a more gentle formulation).

Iím getting on well with Giovanni products and Iím actually pretty scared to try anything new now. If it ainít brokeÖ.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I finally start to get my hair!!! My hair felt crunchy and weird, so I knew I had to clarify. My hair is so soft now. My BF was really shocked: your hair is so thin now. Because all of the curls disappeared. Weirdly, I felt a bit of shame.
    And I think I've called my hair hip too soon. It's difficult to see when you hit a milestone.
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post

Oh no! Sorry to hear of the reaction. Hope you're better now.
    I love the alba Gardena too, I use the conditioner. I'd be bummed to toss it as well... You could try diluting products with water and using small amounts or cutting them into other low scent products to retain only a little of the scent/not waste the product? But probably you dont want anything to do with a product that could cause you to react allergically. I can only imagine that level of sensitivity. I don't handle any perfumes well, they give me massive headaches, so I understand a bit.
    Does the man on the moon cut his hair?

Yes... Eclipse it!

Length
    EAR/TBL/TERM

Anybody remember the inversion method craze? lol I just remembered that decided to try it out again since I'm oiling today so why not. Update y'all in a week
    omg gothicdoll I'm glad you're okay though that sounds horrible