Page 4163 of 4452 FirstFirst ... 3163366340634113415341614162416341644165417342134263 ... LastLast
Results 41,621 to 41,630 of 44513

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I'm considering a satin sleep cap, but I wonder if it would just come off at night/make me too warm I can't use satin pillowcases, I need to use cotton otherwise I break out because I'm super oily.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    You can still trim and grow
    You can, Bri-Chan. It's what I'm doing now. It's slower for sure, but possible with either micro-trimming or less frequent ones.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I'm considering a satin sleep cap, but I wonder if it would just come off at night/make me too warm I can't use satin pillowcases, I need to use cotton otherwise I break out because I'm super oily.
    I have started using one and it definitely warms me up. This is a good thing as it is chilly now, but there is no way I will be using it in summer.

I haven't had much trouble with it coming off, but some people do. Lots of different hats and head shapes.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

My sleep bonnet is a long-tail bonnet that I kinda DIY myself, it’s got two layers, the inner layer is a very pricey silk material that is designed to be bottomless, and the outer layer is a less expensive satin one, I sewed two different caps together, so I can turn it inside out depending on how dirty my hair is (I used to do overnight oiling and silk can be a bit vulnerable to wear and tear) and I wash it on a weekly basis. It looks like a 24x60cm square bag if you lay it flat. The length means I can put my sleep braid in it comfortably, it never pools around my neck. The opening is a very wide elastic band wrapped by stretchy material so it never leaves a mark on my forehead and can stay all night even if I toss and turn. I usually cover my whole head with it, including my ears while I sleep, it blocks the noise. I sometimes even pull it over my eyes to block the light as an eye-patch/mask.
    I also have two silk pillowcases that I can rotate, and one of my favorite hair care products is an electronic octopus head massager. It’s wireless and can last a long time with one charge, it’s got three settings, each session stops automatically after 10 minutes. I often use it over my bonnet (to reduce direct mechanical friction on my hair) after I apply minoxidil or wear my LLLT helmet, or before I fall asleep.
    I actually never find any shed hair inside my silk bonnet or on my pillowcase, my hair never goes frizzy in the morning.
    At this point, I probably won’t fall asleep if I am not wearing my bonnet lol.

I never have acne or breakout or sensitive itchy skin/scalp, never get dandruff or greasy hair even if I don’t shampoo my hair for a month. My skin care routine is just warm water and soap while I am showering. I run some tap water over my face after I wake up and I’m good to go. I don’t even use the towel. My face is just pink and glowing. You can say I won the gene lottery or my minimalistic hair/skin care routine really works out pretty well.

I can go without shampoo for a month, I can completely get rid of heat tools, combs or brushes or elastic ties, I can even go without oil, but I can’t live without my silk bonnet, pillowcases and head massager.

Bigger pics on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkZo5tlJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 31st, 2022 at 10:38 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post
    I have started using one and it definitely warms me up. This is a good thing as it is chilly now, but there is no way I will be using it in summer.

I haven't had much trouble with it coming off, but some people do. Lots of different hats and head shapes.
    Which one did you end up getting if you don't mind my asking? I've been looking at them on amazon and etsy but it's so overwhelming going through all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    My sleep bonnet is a long-tail bonnet that I kinda DIY myself, it’s got two layers, the inner layer is a very pricey silk material that is designed to be bottomless, and the outer layer is a less expensive satin one, I sewed two different caps together, so I can turn it inside out depending on how dirty my hair is (I used to do overnight oiling and silk can be a bit vulnerable to wear and tear) and I wash it on a weekly basis. It looks like a 24x60cm square bag if you lay it flat. The length means I can put my sleep braid in it comfortably, it never pools around my neck. The opening is a very wide elastic band wrapped by stretchy material so it never leaves a mark on my forehead and can stay all night even if I toss and turn. I usually cover my whole head with it, including my ears while I sleep, it blocks the noise. I sometimes even pull it over my eyes to block the light as an eye-patch/mask.
    Sadly I'm not crafty/patient enough with textiles to make one myself, but I have been looking at the longer wrap ones as well.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Sadly I'm not crafty/patient enough with textiles to make one myself, but I have been looking at the longer wrap ones as well.
    No worries, just do whatever suits you best.

Another random thought:
    I recently gained a new appreciation for TEXT hairstyle instruction due to the forum's past crashes and the downfall of Photobucket/Flickr and many photo services, so the archive might not be available at all times, and many of the inactive oldies' video instructions/blogs have been deleted or set private or friends-only.

Of course, I know how valuable it is to see a video instruction and follow it step by step visually, it's always superior to picture tutorials and text tutorials.

But in the end, I've got to work with what's still surviving, and that is, surprisingly, text instruction. It's always like finding long-lost treasure after all the searches have failed and I end up with someone's text instruction/discussion/debate in the comments in a clear or mildly vague way (when the pics don't show up, and sadly, that's the case in over 80% of the forum content prior to 2017 now and the site’s album also almost never works well). Then I work on myself to test it out, and 90% of the time, it works pretty well.

That's why I insist on writing down the hairdo steps in great detail when I update my ABC Bun Challenge even if the video/picture tutorials are currently available because I have no control over what others might decide to do (like deleting their whole account or channel, or a pic-uploading platform suddenly going kaput) in the future, and I offer my hair data (length, thickness, and date), what the bun looks like from 9 angles with great lighting, my insight (hard or easy, what I like or dislike) will be a good reference point for other folks and myself when I return to recreate the same style after my hair hit another milestone. Or in the worst-case scenario, one day I might no longer be active in this forum or escape from social media, but those text instructions will still be my legacy.

For people who are using the narrating/voiceover function of their device, a text instruction also works as an audio instruction because not all of us are blessed with great eyesight, and it serves as a base for my future video tutorial if I were to film them, I can just copy and paste the text, then arrange them to be the captions/subtitles.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; November 2nd, 2022 at 12:58 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Which one did you end up getting if you don't mind my asking? I've been looking at them on amazon and etsy but it's so overwhelming going through all of them!
    This one attracted me because it has an adjustable band. I have a small head and worried about it coming off.
    It is comfy and doesn't come off. However, I am not sure I can fully recommend it as I worry about the band moving against the hairline at the back of my neck. It sits lower in front so that hair is fine. The inside is satin, but the outside and band are made of a different fabric, which is fairly smooth but not satin.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B091Z2HSJ6?...roduct_details

Account Closed by Member Request

My hair has been so weird for the past month or so - I wash it and just does not get completely clean. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong: I use clarifying shampoo, shampoo twice, really massage it into my scalp and let it sink in for a while and still. I can even feel that my hair is squeaky clean in the shower, but once I let it air dry, some parts of it will still be sticky and greasy. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    My hair has been so weird for the past month or so - I wash it and just does not get completely clean. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong: I use clarifying shampoo, shampoo twice, really massage it into my scalp and let it sink in for a while and still. I can even feel that my hair is squeaky clean in the shower, but once I let it air dry, some parts of it will still be sticky and greasy. Has anyone experienced something like this before?
    Hard water buildup? Have you tried chelating?
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Another random thought:
    I recently gained a new appreciation for TEXT hairstyle instruction due to the forum's past crashes and the downfall of Photobucket/Flickr and many photo services, so the archive might not be available at all times, and many of the inactive oldies' video instructions/blogs have been deleted or set private or friends-only.
    Have you made use of the LHC Image Fixer browser extension created by barnet_fair? It makes many of the broken photos show and is a huge quality of life improvement here.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links