Page 4103 of 4139 FirstFirst ... 31033603400340534093410141024103410441054113 ... LastLast
Results 41,021 to 41,030 of 41385

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Ahhhh but the pretty henna-red of my hair makes all the rigmarole of sitting around with mud on my head worth it... (too bad I'll have roots showing in a week...) Having warm-toned hair makes my face look so much more alive...
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I don't have any tattoos but was thinking it would be funny if I had tape measure marks tattooed down the back of my body! It would be so much easier to measure hair length or to tell a stylist which mark to cut or trim to!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    This isn't exactly a hair thought but related, and I don't know where else to post lol. I had a weird experience with a new hairdresser. Impatience got the best of me when I wanted a trim and my usual hairdresser wasn't available. I thought the new lady seemed a little "off" but figured she would manage a small trim, and she was quite talkative and open which made me feel more at ease. She ended up cutting off more than I asked and what she did to my hemline... I can not understand what she was thinking.
    After drying my hair she quickly flipped all of it over my left shoulder and didn't offer to show the back of my head and my hair through a mirror. I didn't think anything of it back then. I get home and brush my hair and realize my hemline is botched. The right side is longer and has weird choppy bits. It's like she cut my hair in two layers, I could see a blunt, shorter cut hairline through the longer irregularly choppy hair in the front. I was thinking she messed up and didn't want to take responsibility for it. It makes zero sense since this is about her livelihood etc. but then I started to think she maybe did it on purpose? The first impression I got from her. I just got a bad vibe. I don't know. She said some weird things but besides that, it was just a feeling. Our conversation was normal and friendly and I had nothing bad to say about her and yet...

Got my hemline fixed soon enough (had to go shorter again to even it out ) and my usual hairdresser was equally confused with my hemline. I'm now getting frustrated thinking I could have reached hip this year if it wasn't for this incident. I'm not too upset since I feel comfortable in waist length but still, it sucks.
    Wth that's awful I'm sorry that happened to you, it seems to me like she either didn't know what she was doing or did it on purpose you should have gone back and asked the the salon manager they might have refunded you and fixed it up for free.
    Last edited by Bat; August 7th, 2022 at 05:22 PM.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I think I've got a job as a trainee hairdresser which is cool and two of the workers have real hair not extensions that is around TBL-classic which is pretty amazing in this industry.

Length
    Jaw/SL/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Ahhhh but the pretty henna-red of my hair makes all the rigmarole of sitting around with mud on my head worth it... (too bad I'll have roots showing in a week...) Having warm-toned hair makes my face look so much more alive...
    I feel the same way about henna. Ever since my regretful haircut almost a year ago, I've been planning to henna my hair again once it got a bit longer. The maintenance gives me some trepidation, but the warm tones look so much better on me, and I love how smooth it makes my hair feel. I don't think I'm going to be super anxious about doing my roots on a tight schedule though...I've grown out henna before and the demarcation was never super stark, nor did it bother me.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Being right-handed or left-handed definitely has an impact on how you handle hairstyles. I can wrap my nautilus bun with my right hand in my sleep, but with the other hand, it’s so hard and so easy to loosen.
    I’m still working on it.
    95cm 1b/C/10cm Fingercomb/Bun-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][LWB Variations]

Length
    Short/MBL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I don't have any tattoos but was thinking it would be funny if I had tape measure marks tattooed down the back of my body! It would be so much easier to measure hair length or to tell a stylist which mark to cut or trim to!
    I think it's a funny idea as well! But a shirt would be more accessible I think. You're wearing a shirt when you go in, so the tat would be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I think I've got a job as a trainee hairdresser which is cool and two of the workers have real hair not extensions that is around TBL-classic which is pretty amazing in this industry.
    Very nice! And hopefully they'll be good inspiration for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheTapirs View Post
    I feel the same way about henna. Ever since my regretful haircut almost a year ago, I've been planning to henna my hair again once it got a bit longer. The maintenance gives me some trepidation, but the warm tones look so much better on me, and I love how smooth it makes my hair feel. I don't think I'm going to be super anxious about doing my roots on a tight schedule though...I've grown out henna before and the demarcation was never super stark, nor did it bother me.
    Yeah, my hair is dark enough that the demarcation line isn't super obvious... really it's the contrast between "warm" and "ashy" that does it (and unfortunately, next to the henna, my ashy brown then looks gray. Maybe that contributes greatly to people thinking I'm older than I am. I mean, I do have grays, and they're obvious because they're silver and so much lighter than the rest of my hair, but there are only a few and they're definitely different from the ashy browns... but the ashy brown can indeed look gray next to the henna at first glance, so I suppose I look like my hair is all gray. I don't henna to cover gray-- I don't care about that-- I just do it to warm up the tone and to get the red hair I've aaaaaalways wanted).

I'm actually proud of myself this time because I didn't procrastinate until I had 4-5" of roots to take care of like I usually do... maybe only 2" this time.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Every effort I put into my hair is to help my hair reach the maximum of my genetic potentials.
    After my big shed, my follicles won’t produce the amount of hair that I never had to begin with. But I can get the hair longer by reduce mechanical damage.
    I would rather my hair to grow slower but healthier rather than quicker with just a few racers lol.
    As a no trimmer, I sometimes wonder what it is like to grow hair to the floor in my 40s.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 8th, 2022 at 04:36 AM.
    95cm 1b/C/10cm Fingercomb/Bun-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][LWB Variations]

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Wth that's awful I'm sorry that happened to you, it seems to me like she either didn't know what she was doing or did it on purpose you should have gone back and asked the the salon manager they might have refunded you and fixed it up for free.
    Yeah This woman runs the business alone so she is her own manager. Somehow I realized how botched my hair was verrrry slowly... and didn't get all fired up enough to go back. I also feel very uncomfortable about talking to her again. At first I thought she looked like the mother of a big family, cozy and warm woman who knits and bakes and so on. Then I got that weird feeling and never want to go back.

Congratulations on your job!