Page 4087 of 4451 FirstFirst ... 3087358739874037407740854086408740884089409741374187 ... LastLast
Results 40,861 to 40,870 of 44508

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I'm planning to wear my hair in a high ponytail tomorrow, but the only way I can get it to stay and not sag is if I do that "Viking knot" thing and pin it. Which means all the thickest, best parts of my hair are in the *#&%^$ knot, and my ponytail has just my pathetic thin ends. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Yep, I don't like the weight when moving my head quickly, but a bun has saved the back of my head from a sharp corner or edge here too
    For skating I wear a bun exclusively... never used to, but then one day I had washed my hair right before going to the rink so put it in a bun so my braid wouldn't freeze or something. That was also the day I managed to fall backward (something I never do) and whack my head on the ice... except it only bounced because it landed on a pillow of my hair. Yup.

These days I have a giant bun donut I use for even more padding. It looks huge and ridiculous, but I feel I'll be protected if I ever fall backward again.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm planning to wear my hair in a high ponytail tomorrow, but the only way I can get it to stay and not sag is if I do that "Viking knot" thing and pin it. Which means all the thickest, best parts of my hair are in the *#&%^$ knot, and my ponytail has just my pathetic thin ends. *sigh*

For skating I wear a bun exclusively... never used to, but then one day I had washed my hair right before going to the rink so put it in a bun so my braid wouldn't freeze or something. That was also the day I managed to fall backward (something I never do) and whack my head on the ice... except it only bounced because it landed on a pillow of my hair. Yup.

These days I have a giant bun donut I use for even more padding. It looks huge and ridiculous, but I feel I'll be protected if I ever fall backward again.
    It really is a nice cushion. I can even sleep on it but am unable to sleep with a loose braid. I think my back is more sensitive to the bumps when sleeping than is my head. But learned here last summer I shouldn't for other reasons
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

My husband used to work in electrical, which meant he braided wires a lot. The other day he was talking about whether or not he’d lost the skill, so I offered to let him practice on my hair. It was so fun. He kept checking my braid the entire day to make sure it was holding properly. And he was very gentle with the brushing and braiding, which my tender head appreciated. I think it’s going to become a regular thing with us. Next project: teach him a 5-strand!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Just stocked up on some Love Beauty and Planet conditioners, aaaaaand they've changed the recipe. They have taken out the methyl-whatsit-ones and SLS, which is good, and they smell the same, so hopefully they'll be okay still.

Also slightly tempted to rinse and condition my hair sometime Sunday-Tuesday, with the heatwave, to do a sort of hairtyping … but I don't actually think I can sit anywhere without my hair without my ends pooling on the floor (is it really too long to feasibly do a proper hairtyping?! )
    I hope the reformulation works well for you! I always sweat a little when my favorites change things up.

Now that is an inspirational problem to have! (You need a Rapunzel tower, hehe!)
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Oh i can totally relate, my tbl hair is currently the longest in my entire life, at one point the braid just won’t cut it, imagine having to wrap your locks around your neck when you use the facilities, so since May I have been putting my hair up into a bun or two, i find that the nautilus bun is the easiest to do, just keep practicing and now i can do a stick-free nautilus bun that stays intact for at least eight hours as i go about my every day business, i do need to add a stick when I have my gym time, and have a water only rinse when I am getting too sweaty after the gym and garden work, otherwise I’d stick to my weekly or biweekly oil-shampoo-conditioner-acv rinse washing schedule.
    Before I sleep, i make a elastic-free braid, and put on a double-layered silk bonnet, and i sleep on a silk pillowcase which is great for my hair and skin in general, and my 1a/b straight hair never tangle.
    The less manipulation, the less friction, the better for the hair.
    PS: here’s my nautilus bun and elastic-free braid tutorial for your reference: https://youtu.be/eMnwQEI6fgU
    Thank you so much for sharing! I've actually already been doing the tie-free bun for many months, however, without twisting the tail end into the bun! I tried it again but with twisting, and it made such a huge difference - way more secure bun and a lot more comfortable. Thanks for taking the time! Excellent tutorial

And eek! The wrapping hair around the neck before using facilities and what not has me nervous! I had no idea that hip+ hair would already be this tricky to learn to manage. Hope I can hang in there until TBL

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

My dye free hair season is officially over.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    My dye free hair season is officially over.
    Oh? What did you do?

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Oh? What did you do?
    I dyed my hair! Hahaha

Yes, i did give myself two weeks to decide.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Hello Stray! And what color did you choose?

How are the birds?
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

i keep watching those ridiculously long hair videos, my obsession has been getting worse.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]