Page 4075 of 4105 FirstFirst ... 30753575397540254065407340744075407640774085 ... LastLast
Results 40,741 to 40,750 of 41041

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Pixie/MBL/WL?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I also went through something similar where I felt like I was losing SO MUCH HAIR, but after a year of that rate I donít seem to have any thinning or bald spots so I guess I just shed like crazy

Length
    MBL/TBL/CLAS
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

With longer hair, the shed bundles up bigger and seems more, I am doing a project to count and catalogue the lengths of my shed for a year, my current hair measured from hairline to end is around 80cm, but the longest shed Iíd had is probably just 70cm and there are less than ten, the most amount come from the middle tier, 20-40cm, I do collect all the ones shorter than 10cm, but there are very few and since they are mostly almost transparent baby hairs, they probably escape through the shower drain.

I collect hair by putting my hair ends into a big bag as I comb myself, and whenever I wash my hair, I gather all the fallen ones from my body, the tiles and the floor, I even put a sock in the strain to stop the escapers lol. I always wear my hair in a bun or braid nowadays so thereís no chance they will fall freely, even if they do, the coarse dark ones are always easily noticeable on the floor which I sweep regularly - I donít even use the vacuum robot as I hate it when longer hairs string around the motor core down there and Iíd have no way but to cut them apart.

I am also hand-tying (weaving) my shed hair into wefts that I can sew into clip-in extensions to make accent braids (see mg sig pic). I will update the progress when Iím done with the huge ball of shed hairs from our 5 hospitalization (treating my dadís cancer), I estimate by then there will be over 30,000 hairs.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; June 30th, 2022 at 10:35 AM.

Length
    MBL/TBL/CLAS
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

It’s the first of July so I will start my week-long 4-minute inversion method today, hopefully gaining some extra length in these summer months.

Length
    CBL/FTL/KL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

So I indulged myself and bought this hair analysis package thing and the results just came in. It included pictures of my hair under a microscope and my cuticles look pretty darn good for how long it is, if I do say so myself. They also said my porosity is low (but somewhat on the higher side of the low category) and my hair strands are actually in the "medium thick" category, meaning it's on the coarser side of medium, and I always thought it was probably on the finer side.

Anyway I (for some reason) wondered if I was deluding myself that my hair is healthy, but apparently it is.

(I don't necessarily *recommend* doing this but I did find it quite fun to see my results.)

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Zesty, that’s so cool!!! I didn’t know a service like that was available!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

Length
    CBL/FTL/KL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Zesty, thatís so cool!!! I didnít know a service like that was available!
    I've had two companies that do it advertised to me on Instagram. Naturally I got sucked in when a coupon code was offered.

There were tests for sebum production (to determine if your scalp is dry or oily) and water hardness as well, and they recommended some products at the end of everything. It wasn't perfect and on the pricey side, but I had fun and that's what I wanted out of it.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

It sounds like a blast I love the variety it covers. Iíll have to add it to my rainy day wishlist!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

Length
    13.5/24/53
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I’m tossing around the idea of trying to grow to my as goal with no trims, just S&D.
    That’s approximately five more years without trims on top of the almost year and a half I’ve gone already. Or maybe I’ll pick a milestone, like classic, and see how things are going and then decide from there. Or maybe I’ll just participate in one no trim challenge at a time and decide at the end of each challenge.
    Last trim March 25, 2021. No trim challenge 2022.
    MBL by December 2022.

Length
    MBL/TBL/CLAS
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I was watching Aliia Nasyrova’s videos and her braid circumference measured 17-18cm! That’s crazy thick! And her hair is over 250cm now, she really won the long hair genetic lottery.

https://youtu.be/B0Wxbv70T20

Length
    CBL/FTL/KL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

New conditioner felt like it left a weird coating on my hair at first, but I just took my hair down out of a bun on day 2 and it actually feels quite soft and nice. I'll have to pay attention to how it feels when I comb tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    I was watching Aliia Nasyrovaís videos and her braid circumference measured 17-18cm! Thatís crazy thick! And her hair is over 250cm now, she really won the long hair genetic lottery.

https://youtu.be/B0Wxbv70T20
    Did she ever! Her hair is borderline supernatural. It's always fun to see it.