Page 4049 of 4103 FirstFirst ... 304935493949399940394047404840494050405140594099 ... LastLast
Results 40,481 to 40,490 of 41029

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

  1. #40481
    surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,634
    Length
    2"/40.5"/47"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    My buns won't stay in today... Even if they were super grabby and awful and would knot up if you thought about them at all, that last six inches of hair was apparently integral to my bun ability I have to remember how to bun for shorter hair (and with thicker ends).

    Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights


  2. #40482

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    My buns won't stay in today... Even if they were super grabby and awful and would knot up if you thought about them at all, that last six inches of hair was apparently integral to my bun ability I have to remember how to bun for shorter hair (and with thicker ends).
    Blunt ends are really tricky! Can you do it in stages? Do a half up bun, then wrap the lower half around, either in one go or in two sections?

    Otherwise, 2 or 3 smaller buns. It’s always nice to have an excuse for space buns

    Congratulations on your fresh ends

  3. #40483
    Plague Doctor Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Unknown
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,166
    Length
    Bald/Buzz/Floor

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    My original plan was to get the ends of my hair professionally bleached, and dyed. Now I'm wondering if I should just try bleaching my hair on my own. I've never done it but it can't be that hard, right? Of course, it's also short now so probably harder to do on my own but it would be so much cheaper...
    Depending on how much underlying pigment is in your hair it can be easy or a disaster, I recommend going to a salon or if you have time and don't mind a student doing it going to hairdressing school will be cheaper.

    Edit: I saw your hair in another thread do not do that at home, it will go orange,
    Last edited by Bat; May 21st, 2022 at 03:26 AM.

  4. #40484
    shapenote singer embee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MyHouse
    Posts
    14,471
    Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    My buns won't stay in today... Even if they were super grabby and awful and would knot up if you thought about them at all, that last six inches of hair was apparently integral to my bun ability I have to remember how to bun for shorter hair (and with thicker ends).
    +1 for Fairytale ends! (Been there, done that, blunt hemline can be a big pain.)
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

  5. #40485
    Colorful cinnamon bun Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,427
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    I think I'm finally in the truly long hair club: I can't wear my hair down anymore. I like doing so sometimes when I'm just lounging around to give my scalp a break, but lately I've been...getting tangled in it? Does it make sense? Like, even if I put it all to one side, my ends would still find a way to either get stuck under my back or bottom or wrap themselves around me so that I'd need a moment to get up and untangle myself from this mess. Yeah. No more freedom for my hair, loose braids to the rescue.

    Also, it's finally at Classic when stretched. I'm not ready to call it yet because it's barely past tailbone with shrinkage, but still!
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018


  6. #40486
    Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    A Scottish Glen
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,393
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I think I'm finally in the truly long hair club: I can't wear my hair down anymore. I like doing so sometimes when I'm just lounging around to give my scalp a break, but lately I've been...getting tangled in it? Does it make sense? Like, even if I put it all to one side, my ends would still find a way to either get stuck under my back or bottom or wrap themselves around me so that I'd need a moment to get up and untangle myself from this mess. Yeah. No more freedom for my hair, loose braids to the rescue.

    Also, it's finally at Classic when stretched. I'm not ready to call it yet because it's barely past tailbone with shrinkage, but still!
    Good going, Joules.

    My laugh is that while I have worn my hair in plaits 99% of the time for years I have recently joined a dance school where they make a thing of hair: there are one or two classes where you would keep it up regardless but there are some that if I go at the right stage of my wash cycle I will occasionally try leaving it loose: mostly because we are a performance based school and if I can learn how to dance with it down carefully then it could look good in the as and when of actually doing a perfect…

  7. #40487
    Member knobbly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,033
    Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I think I'm finally in the truly long hair club: I can't wear my hair down anymore. I like doing so sometimes when I'm just lounging around to give my scalp a break, but lately I've been...getting tangled in it? Does it make sense? Like, even if I put it all to one side, my ends would still find a way to either get stuck under my back or bottom or wrap themselves around me so that I'd need a moment to get up and untangle myself from this mess. Yeah. No more freedom for my hair, loose braids to the rescue.

    Also, it's finally at Classic when stretched. I'm not ready to call it yet because it's barely past tailbone with shrinkage, but still!
    We are at the same spot I think because this has been my experience lately as well. I’ve been wearing a snood or my satin sleep bonnet around the house when I want to have loose hair (due to headache or just tiredness) instead of letting it down for more than just a few minutes.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

  8. #40488
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    151
    Length
    short/Waist/Class
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    My hair stays up better if it has braid waves before I bun it, That's interesting to know

  9. #40489
    surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,634
    Length
    2"/40.5"/47"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Blunt ends are really tricky! Can you do it in stages? Do a half up bun, then wrap the lower half around, either in one go or in two sections?

    Otherwise, 2 or 3 smaller buns. Itís always nice to have an excuse for space buns

    Congratulations on your fresh ends
    Thank you! It was actually more that I was making my loops too big, apparently Once I made them smaller (I was previously using my whole hand with my fingers spread apart, but now my fingers need to be back together) I stopped having my buns fall out

    Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    +1 for Fairytale ends! (Been there, done that, blunt hemline can be a big pain.)
    They are luckily still a little fairytaled, but the difference is still very striking! They're like 3-4x thicker, even if they aren't "thick"

    Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights


  10. #40490
    Member rosenester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    233
    Length
    -/28/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    My original plan was to get the ends of my hair professionally bleached, and dyed. Now I'm wondering if I should just try bleaching my hair on my own. I've never done it but it can't be that hard, right? Of course, it's also short now so probably harder to do on my own but it would be so much cheaper...
    There can be a bit of a learning curve here… like processing time differs for me from my nape hairs and scalp to the lengths, and you want to use the right developer. My hair only requires 20 vol, which does not come in traditional box sets from the drugstore for bleaching…. Keep researching before you dive in and set back your growth goals!

    Edit: didn’t look through other comments, but I see Bat already responded…. I agree, treat yourself with a salon visit!
    Last edited by rosenester; May 22nd, 2022 at 01:23 PM.
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •