Page 4048 of 4103 FirstFirst ... 304835483948399840384046404740484049405040584098 ... LastLast
Results 40,471 to 40,480 of 41029

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Just figured out I haven't been doing my Nautilus bun properly. I need to make the loop bigger and force it over ALL the wound hair as if it were to hold itself. Then put the stick/Flexi in...and now it doesn't hurt anymore :facepalm:

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Gosh I love scalp only washes. They are a legit reason to have extra long hair imo! Dread washing your waist length hair? Just grow another foot and then it’ll be easier! I know, I know, don’t quit your day job, knobbly.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Gosh I love scalp only washes. They are a legit reason to have extra long hair imo! Dread washing your waist length hair? Just grow another foot and then itíll be easier! I know, I know, donít quit your day job, knobbly.
    I agree, and it's particularly good in cold winter weather.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    short/Waist/Class
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Waist to hip is really testing me, I know I just need to forget about it but I'm really not a fan of this journey I just want tbl already

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

My original plan was to get the ends of my hair professionally bleached, and dyed. Now I'm wondering if I should just try bleaching my hair on my own. I've never done it but it can't be that hard, right? Of course, it's also short now so probably harder to do on my own but it would be so much cheaper...
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Just figured out I haven't been doing my Nautilus bun properly. I need to make the loop bigger and force it over ALL the wound hair as if it were to hold itself. Then put the stick/Flexi in...and now it doesn't hurt anymore :facepalm:
    All my life I've been "bun dumb" because I just had NO clue. Two or three years ago I googled a pinless bun and found a You-Tube tutorial for a 10 second no-pin bun which was a nautilus for very long hair (done by Lucy's Corsetry). Until this year it's been the only one I knew!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Gosh I love scalp only washes. They are a legit reason to have extra long hair imo! Dread washing your waist length hair? Just grow another foot and then itíll be easier! I know, I know, donít quit your day job, knobbly.
    It does become easier and increasingly efficient the longer you grow

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    All my life I've been "bun dumb" because I just had NO clue. Two or three years ago I googled a pinless bun and found a You-Tube tutorial for a 10 second no-pin bun which was a nautilus for very long hair (done by Lucy's Corsetry). Until this year it's been the only one I knew!
    I still feel like I have no clue after all this time I've been doing this vertical nameless bun as my primary style since my first year here and am only starting to venture out of my comfort zone now that I have nice hairtoys I want to show off. I have maybe two others now and a number of aspirations, but it's so hard to get my hands and my hair to cooperate!

Length
    BSL/WL/CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrtu-Kevšt View Post
    Waist to hip is really testing me, I know I just need to forget about it but I'm really not a fan of this journey I just want tbl already
    I feel the same way Kerrtu-Kevšt I wish my hair was just at hip length already! And I just got a (much needed) trim so I'm starting back at waist length again. My hair has never been past waist length so I'm anxious to meet this length.

Length
    16/24/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    My original plan was to get the ends of my hair professionally bleached, and dyed. Now I'm wondering if I should just try bleaching my hair on my own. I've never done it but it can't be that hard, right? Of course, it's also short now so probably harder to do on my own but it would be so much cheaper...
    In my experience bleaching my own hair "was that hard"- more damage, weird colours, and colour banding.

I wouldn't if I was you. But! You might have better luck than me.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    short/Waist/Class
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WitchoftheWood View Post
    I feel the same way Kerrtu-Kevšt I wish my hair was just at hip length already! And I just got a (much needed) trim so I'm starting back at waist length again. My hair has never been past waist length so I'm anxious to meet this length.
    I just got a trim back up to waist too! I was close-ish to hip but I ended up trimming a bit more than I thought so back up to waist it was, I appreciate the fresh ends though. I get the anxiety about it as well, In my adult life the longest it's been was just brushing hip(I had around classic as a teenager) so by the end of the year it'll probably be the longest it's been in 7-8 years