Page 4046 of 4444 FirstFirst ... 3046354639463996403640444045404640474048405640964146 ... LastLast
Results 40,451 to 40,460 of 44440

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post
    I wonder if other people put their hair down at the first sign of a headache…?

Even if it's not because of my hair, I do. I think it's because I keep hearing/being told that long hair gives you a headache. Or maybe because some hairstyles do hurt after a while (seems like the ones that start in the middle of your head do the most?). I think most of my headaches are from hay fever, but I take down my hair anyway.
    I do, because once I start getting a headache my scalp becomes more sensitive and the weight of my bun is more likely to make my headache worse. It's never the cause of them that I can figure (I don't get them any more often now with classic+ hair than I did when I had a pixie cut), but it certainly doesn't help.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post
    I wonder if other people put their hair down at the first sign of a headache…?

Even if it's not because of my hair, I do. I think it's because I keep hearing/being told that long hair gives you a headache. Or maybe because some hairstyles do hurt after a while (seems like the ones that start in the middle of your head do the most?). I think most of my headaches are from hay fever, but I take down my hair anyway.
    I tend to, but, that's because it usually is my hair causing the headache-- or if not, having my hair up causes headaches enough that yeah, it probably would exacerbate one I had for other reasons.

If I didn't have that problem... nah, I'd leave the hair up.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Surprisingly, brushing my curls out keeps it tangle free (as opposed to letting it dry curly).
    After showering I run a very silicone heavy serum through my hair (for heat protection and tangle insurance). I towel dry to take off excess water and product, and then I brush slowly with a wooden bristle brush. Afterwards I blow dry (on the lowest setting and not too close to my hair!), taking frequent breaks to brush. I end up with hair that is barely wavy and would frizz if left to it's own devices, but its the perfect texture for braiding or bunning. And when I get my hair out of those braids or buns, it's still tangle free! I know brushing curls out isn't for everyone, but it seems to work for me. I don't notice any tugging or tangling as I brush, it's like my hair doesn't offer resistance
    growing to APL

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I don't do it often enough so that's why I never noticed before but...

Braiding my hair takes a whole lot longer than it used to.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request

I‘m going through a bit of a boredom phase with my hair at the moment. Now that I‘ve figured out a routine that works for me and consistently gives me nice results, there’s not much exciting stuff happening and my hair just kind of does its thing while I do mine. It’s boring but I suppose it’s a good place to be in in order to grow it out

Length
    APL/30.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by aloewurly View Post
    Surprisingly, brushing my curls out keeps it tangle free (as opposed to letting it dry curly).
    After showering I run a very silicone heavy serum through my hair (for heat protection and tangle insurance). I towel dry to take off excess water and product, and then I brush slowly with a wooden bristle brush. Afterwards I blow dry (on the lowest setting and not too close to my hair!), taking frequent breaks to brush. I end up with hair that is barely wavy and would frizz if left to it's own devices, but its the perfect texture for braiding or bunning. And when I get my hair out of those braids or buns, it's still tangle free! I know brushing curls out isn't for everyone, but it seems to work for me. I don't notice any tugging or tangling as I brush, it's like my hair doesn't offer resistance
    I’ve found this too. I think I am actually wavier than 2a but I haven’t bothered to do a hair-typing photo for years. Earlier this year I was experimenting with really encouraging curls, a la curly girl method. And yes, I can get nice spirals with a bit of mousse, but I just couldn’t handle the tangles. My usual routine is to work a whole lot of coney serum in and use my hands to really smooth down the waves as they start to form after a wash. It is so much less tangly when I don’t let the waves really develop. And I tend not to get a lot of frizz this way, between the cones and that my hair is pretty fine anyway.
    BSL~WL~HL~TBL?~classic...?

27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42

Length
    short/Waist/Class
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by memeow View Post
    I’ve found this too. I think I am actually wavier than 2a but I haven’t bothered to do a hair-typing photo for years. Earlier this year I was experimenting with really encouraging curls, a la curly girl method. And yes, I can get nice spirals with a bit of mousse, but I just couldn’t handle the tangles. My usual routine is to work a whole lot of coney serum in and use my hands to really smooth down the waves as they start to form after a wash. It is so much less tangly when I don’t let the waves really develop. And I tend not to get a lot of frizz this way, between the cones and that my hair is pretty fine anyway.
    I can't get behind CG method either. It might make my hair LOOK nice but I can't stand the feeling of all of that in my hair plus it takes 8x longer just to wash my hair. Like thanks but if I want waves I'll just sleep in braids haha

Length
    APL/30.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrtu-Kevät View Post
    I can't get behind CG method either. It might make my hair LOOK nice but I can't stand the feeling of all of that in my hair plus it takes 8x longer just to wash my hair. Like thanks but if I want waves I'll just sleep in braids haha
    Yeah I have so many issues with CG. Conditioner alone does not get my hair clean, it takes FOREVER to dry if I don’t squeeze the water out, my hair gets totally lank and weighted down if I actually use that much product, and to top it all off I get about an hour of looking nice and then it’s a frizzy mess anyway. I don’t think having my hair and scalp wet for so long does it any favors so…I’m sticking to the brushed out wave look.
    BSL~WL~HL~TBL?~classic...?

27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    I do, because once I start getting a headache my scalp becomes more sensitive and the weight of my bun is more likely to make my headache worse. It's never the cause of them that I can figure (I don't get them any more often now with classic+ hair than I did when I had a pixie cut), but it certainly doesn't help.
    I never thought that it could be because my scalp gets more sensitive, but that would make a lot of sense. I hope you don't get any headaches soon It's interesting to find out that someone else does this, too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I tend to, but, that's because it usually is my hair causing the headache-- or if not, having my hair up causes headaches enough that yeah, it probably would exacerbate one I had for other reasons.

If I didn't have that problem... nah, I'd leave the hair up.
    So you do, too! It makes me feel better that it's not just me I hope you don't have any headaches anytime soon.

Thank you both for replying to my "wondering" I don't know anyone with long hair like me in real life right now, so it's really neat to hear from other people who have the same/similar issues/thoughts about their long hair as I do.

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by memeow View Post
    Yeah I have so many issues with CG. Conditioner alone does not get my hair clean, it takes FOREVER to dry if I don’t squeeze the water out, my hair gets totally lank and weighted down if I actually use that much product, and to top it all off I get about an hour of looking nice and then it’s a frizzy mess anyway. I don’t think having my hair and scalp wet for so long does it any favors so…I’m sticking to the brushed out wave look.
    In recent years I got kind of fed up with the curly girl method, and also some of the analogous curly hair routines in the natural hair world. All the products and the curly haircut styles are so boring to me suddenly. It's like an entire philosophy set up around making curly hair as tame and ordinary looking as possible. I want the wild windblown extraordinary hair aesthetic back please.