Page 3968 of 4448 FirstFirst ... 2968346838683918395839663967396839693970397840184068 ... LastLast
Results 39,671 to 39,680 of 44476

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I want to try WCC but I wash my hair so often I'm worried about wasting too much conditioner haha (even though I only use products under 5$ it still feels like a lot of product)

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Solovey View Post
    I want to try WCC but I wash my hair so often I'm worried about wasting too much conditioner haha (even though I only use products under 5$ it still feels like a lot of product)
    I know the feeling! I eventually started doing my heavy conditioners+oil on the ends and the cheapy thin stuff (like V05) to the majority of the length. So far it’s working well for detangling and my wallet thanks me
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh nooo, not Instagram showing me hair videos that function like clickbait for me, because they know I just can't help myself …

With consistent extra moisturising you might possibly find that eventually your lengths need washing less often, and if you got to a point where scalp washes would keep your scalp happy it might eventually work out that you use more product each time but can do a full wash less often.

The reason I say that could be a possibility is because when I started double conditioning it felt like I was using a lot - which, relative to before, I was - but over time went from full washes every other day to twice a week, then gradually to now where my routine keeps my lengths happy for about 2 weeks (and can sometimes push it to 3, if I dampen my lengths and use a leave-in at the 1.5-2 week mark). So while I now use far more conditioner per wash than before LHC, I also use it MUCH less often so it probably works out about the same overall, but my hair is infinitely happier

Nothing wrong if that doesn't at all happen though, we just gotta do what our hair needs if we can
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll try wcc with a conditioner that isn't my favorite and see if it makes enough difference to keep doing it

Length
    32/38.5/44
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Sometimes my bangs dry funny or make weird shapes, so I decided to order a little mini flat iron.
    And it's only now that I have it that I realize I don't even know how to use it, because I've never actually used a heat tool before!

So I suppose I'll have to figure that out...

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AllyByrd View Post
    Sometimes my bangs dry funny or make weird shapes, so I decided to order a little mini flat iron.
    And it's only now that I have it that I realize I don't even know how to use it, because I've never actually used a heat tool before!

So I suppose I'll have to figure that out...
    I can offer some pointers....

Make sure you bangs are bone dry. Otherwise you will vaporise the water in your hair, which I believe causes additional damage as the water boils and escapes.

Use the lowest heat seating possible. Edit: for your hair type.

Don't go over the same section of hair repeatedly. Move around and come back to a section if you must, ideally you won't have too.

Squeeze the iron tightly. Its the strength of the clamp as well as the heat that straightens.
    Last edited by Kathie; January 24th, 2022 at 03:23 PM.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

If I have to do something I don't particularly like to do or if its uncomfortable to grow my hair it probably isn't worth having super long hair for me (Nothing is particularly wrong, just thinking about how I don't like updos or stretching washes haha)

If I have to do something I don't particularly like to do or if its uncomfortable to grow my hair it probably isn't worth having super long hair for me (Nothing is particularly wrong, just thinking about how I don't like updos or stretching washes haha)
    True--I feel like that, too. Which is why I've mused in the past about whether I might cut my hair shorter, like maybe to BSL (would make possible for me some updos I like but my hair is currently too long for, might make updos more comfortable because less weight, might make me happier aesthetically because updos wouldn't be as big, and might be less annoying to wear down). Like, I've done super-long-ish... I've had the knee-length+ experience... so it's not like I have specific goals anymore and won't be fashed if I cut it shorter, decide I don't like it, and have to grow it back out?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

There's the possibility I'll need to take some pills, which can have as side effect hair loss. I've not that much of hair to begin with and I know health comes first than hair, but I can't help being worried and concerned. I'm sure you all here understand how much hair is important to me. I wonder if I'll be forced to cut it all at some point.

Length
    ?/40/42.5
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    There's the possibility I'll need to take some pills, which can have as side effect hair loss. I've not that much of hair to begin with and I know health comes first than hair, but I can't help being worried and concerned. I'm sure you all here understand how much hair is important to me. I wonder if I'll be forced to cut it all at some point.
    I'm hoping for the best for you, Bri-Chan. Both for your health and for your hair.