Page 3949 of 4103 FirstFirst ... 2949344938493899393939473948394939503951395939994049 ... LastLast
Results 39,481 to 39,490 of 41029

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    1/26.5/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Always. Wearing glasses really exaggerates them (I have no idea if they would be there without glasses though; I've worn them all day every day since childhood so have no alternative reference).
    It happens without glasses, too. I had my sides shaved for this purpose, but grew them out after I hit CBL. My friend who has always had MBL shaves her sideburns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but my sideburn area is always flipping everywhere and it gives me this mad scientist look. I have come to like it and identify heavily with it...
    It's hard to explain. I actually found a picture on the internet that sort of illustrates it, though: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/port...-195229562.jpg See those loops of hair that pulled forward in front of her ears (which on me is because it gets caught on my ears and possibly industrials)? On me it's not as pronounced as that, but I still get small loops and it looks silly and unkempt. It doesn't help that if I take my glasses off, sometimes they'll catch hair and pull it and that's usually the result. So when I pull my hair back, I have to be careful to smooth the hair around my ears and pull it so it's straight back rather than having a weird little loopy tuft there. (It doesn't look like a negative thing on the woman in the drawing, but it does on me.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    22APL/33HL/43CLS
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I think I had just finished reading something about how some man was instructing women on how to drink water in order to stop their menstruation completely because it was unnatural, so I had probably adjusted my expectations based on that.
    A couple of years ago, a young English man stirred a reaction on Facebook, when he suggested why women couldnít wait for the loo, instead of using sanitary protection. He mustnít been paying attention in science class or sex education. It also beggars belief how nonmenstruating people want to control menstruation. I thought that was left in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    It's hard to explain. I actually found a picture on the internet that sort of illustrates it, though: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/port...-195229562.jpg See those loops of hair that pulled forward in front of her ears (which on me is because it gets caught on my ears and possibly industrials)? On me it's not as pronounced as that, but I still get small loops and it looks silly and unkempt. It doesn't help that if I take my glasses off, sometimes they'll catch hair and pull it and that's usually the result. So when I pull my hair back, I have to be careful to smooth the hair around my ears and pull it so it's straight back rather than having a weird little loopy tuft there. (It doesn't look like a negative thing on the woman in the drawing, but it does on me.)
    I have quite a few wispy bits in front of my ears that stick out noticeably, when I tie my hair back. I put it down to wearing my glasses. Doesnít help when I have my hair in my sleeping cap/bonnet, a shower cap, or in a towel whilst wearing them.
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg</a>

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I don't understand the argument of not using silicones because it "covers up damage". It's not like it's going to repair itself on cone-free products so what is even the argument here? You feel hoodwinked someone's hair? If you get offended by someone's hair products you need to go outside more (Sorry a IG comment set me off today haha)
    My hair is living it's own life it doesn't need me to worry about it . Waist(28"), 29", 30", 31", HIP!(32").

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Solovey View Post
    I don't understand the argument of not using silicones because it "covers up damage". It's not like it's going to repair itself on cone-free products so what is even the argument here? You feel hoodwinked someone's hair? If you get offended by someone's hair products you need to go outside more (Sorry a IG comment set me off today haha)
    I think the idea is that with silicone loaded products, people think their hair looks healthy without realising it's not, so don't know that it needs more moisture or whatever. When I first came across the idea, my problem with it was that the manufactories were lying to people, claiming that products repaired hair, made it healthy and all that rubbish when no, it just made the hair *look* nicer. I have a bit of a thing about people making decisions unknowingly based on false information

Edit: but I'm not going to be offended by what people choose to use! Unless they're going round spouting nonsense trying to recruit other people <cough>Monat<cough> I've just reread my comment and that really wasn't clear
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; December 29th, 2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    16/24/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Personally I don't mind what people use on their own hair. I think that peoples choices are based on what is best for them for what ever reason. So I totally agree, I would find it strange if someone is uncomfortably about another persons hair product choice.

For me I dont like the thought of damage being "hidden". If its there I would like to know about it so I can trim it away or adjust my routine to try and avoid it. But who knows, as my hair grows longer and my needs change I might develop a different opinion
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

As if measuring curly hair isn't hard enough, I think even when I stretch my hair with my hands, it will stretch significantly more when it is wet vs when it is dry. My dry hair is still nowhere near the length of my last damp length check and I'm not sure if I would be lying to myself if I only measure when wet, as dry is the typical state. Ughh.

It just means in my future length checks it'll look as if my hair got shorter.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I never had the appreciation for long curly hair, how different it is to grow and maintain, how slow length will show, until coming to this site and reading your experiences. Eye opening for sure. I appreciate the perspective.

On a different random hair note, I think my hair responded well to the gelatin treatment. It smelled bad (maybe just in my head) and I was nervous about protein overload and crunchiness and problems but my hair feels more substantial and more like hair than just soft feeling and I’m happy with it. I think spaced out from henna treatments I may do this on a regular-ish basis. Here’s hoping protein can help ward off splits

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Yes, the way I see it, you could cut off the damage or seal/cover it with silicone and keep the length. I like the latter better. And IG, Youtube, FB, and Tweeter comments are dumpster fires.

Length
    32/38.5/44
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    As if measuring curly hair isn't hard enough, I think even when I stretch my hair with my hands, it will stretch significantly more when it is wet vs when it is dry. My dry hair is still nowhere near the length of my last damp length check and I'm not sure if I would be lying to myself if I only measure when wet, as dry is the typical state. Ughh.

It just means in my future length checks it'll look as if my hair got shorter.
    Wow, that’s annoying! I imagine seeing growth on curly hair is a lot more complicated even without that problem.
    I’m wondering if hair does stretch out slightly more when wet. I have straight hair but have also noticed in the past that my hair looks longer when it’s wet or damp, maybe even by an inch or two, but I figured it could be my imagination…