Page 3930 of 3967 FirstFirst ... 29303430383038803920392839293930393139323940 ... LastLast
Results 39,291 to 39,300 of 39670

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    22APL/33HL/43CLS
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Solovey View Post
    When did thinner ends get equated with split ends? That's just how hair grows and I'm amazed at the people who think it's automatically from damage
    I agree. Whenever I read this online, it also irritates me that some people automatically assume, thin ends must be damage and full of splits. Similarly, how the terms ‘healthy’ for a neat, thick hem and ‘dead ends’ or ‘ratty’ for damaged hair.

I think with all the images we’re bombarded with, what is considered socially acceptable, the way products are marketed and some stylists’ opinions on their clients’ hair, it’s no wonder some people are drawn into this socially constructed view that hair must look ‘healthy’ to be free of damage.
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg</a>

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I'm really considering trimming, I don't think my ends are horrible by any means and I'm kind of proud for making it two years without. But I've been wearing my hair in braids very often lately and I hate how uneven the sections are and I can't braid it down to the ends anymore without bad shredding. I don't know if that's a good reason to trim or not though especially since I *JUST* hit waist
    My hair is living it's own life it doesn't need me to worry about it . Waist(28"), 29", 30", 31", HIP!(32").

Length
    SL/waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Solovey View Post
    I'm really considering trimming, I don't think my ends are horrible by any means and I'm kind of proud for making it two years without. But I've been wearing my hair in braids very often lately and I hate how uneven the sections are and I can't braid it down to the ends anymore without bad shredding. I don't know if that's a good reason to trim or not though especially since I *JUST* hit waist
    Perhaps, maybe maintain the length until everything catches up. But, it's up to you.
    Lady Autumn of the Mountain Lakes in Order of the Long Hair Knights
    2 inch for Hip + 1 inch for trim

Length
    SL/waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Do you bring two sections over your shoulders first?
    https://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/1827.html
    Oh! No, I dont
    Lady Autumn of the Mountain Lakes in Order of the Long Hair Knights
    2 inch for Hip + 1 inch for trim

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid lullaby View Post
    Perhaps, maybe maintain the length until everything catches up. But, it's up to you.
    I've been considering maintaining this length anyway, maybe that's why my brain thinks trimming would be a good idea? haha
    My hair is living it's own life it doesn't need me to worry about it . Waist(28"), 29", 30", 31", HIP!(32").

Length
    Bald/Ugly/BCL

I read somewhere that someone's using animal products on their hair, I'm pretty sure that is a no no since cat and dog hair has different PH levels to human hair wouldn't it cause hair to break down?

I had that issue with joico cuticle sealer since my hair was so damaged the sealer couldn't equalize the pH correctly and it turned to noodles its the main reason why I had to buzz my hair
    Last edited by Bat; November 30th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.
    Discord Bat#1980
    add me if you want to

Length
    ./55/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I read somewhere that someone's using animal products on their hair, I'm pretty sure that is a no no since cat and dog hair has different PH levels to human hair wouldn't it cause hair to break down?

I had that issue with joico cuticle sealer since my hair was so damaged the sealer couldn't equalize the pH correctly and it turned to noodles its the main reason why I had to buzz my hair
    That might be me as I'm a big fan of off-label usage when practical. You might find this interesting *Bat*

https://petgroomermagazine.com/artic...uman-shampoos/

I use Mane-n-Tail A LOT. Made for horses, it works great for humans, and probably dogs and cats as well.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

That might work for you but me personally having hair down parst shoulder gets in the way.
    maybe consider doing half ups for a while and see how you feel before cutting it?
    I don't like half-ups, either-- that's my hair still "down." I really only like it when it's completely fastened back, but then from the front (the way most people see me), I look like my hair is very short/I'm bald, and I look better (much better) with my hair down. So I'm wondering if there's a length at which the stuff that annoys me most won't be an issue, and if the hair isn't long enough to fall into something I'm bending over, get stepped on, get in the way when I'm trying to grab or hold things, etc. it might be less annoying when down. I honestly can't remember what it was like to have shorter hair since it's been so long, and back then I was still mostly wearing it back and I can't remember if I couldn't stand it down then either, or just liked the idea of wearing it in a braid.

At any rate, going shorter really doesn't matter to me as long as it's still at a length that doesn't feel too short to me (I probably wouldn't like anything shorter than shoulderblade length or APL, and anything much shorter than that wouldn't allow me to put it back if I wanted to as well). I've been nearly to terminal length already years ago (knee) and took a lot off to my current length (which I've also had for a few years), and I'm just not concerned with preserving length since I've been growing so long that it's not novel for me anymore; it'll grow back if I decide it's not for me, and I'm sure I'd be fine with every length along the way.

I had to use the cat shampoo once when it was in the shower and my shampoo wasn't. I was apprehensive, but my hair actually came out nice. Mind you, it was only that one time so I can't swear using it more wouldn't ruin my hair, but...

(Honestly, I'm not sure manufacturers of cat and dog shampoo spend a lot of time worrying about the PH of their coats? Maybe if they create shampoos specifically for show animals whose hair has to be perfect, but I don't imagine that the run-of-the-mill stuff you buy for smelly Fido who's shedding his hair out constantly anyway is formulated with the same care as shampoo for humans, so maybe it's essentially the same as human shampoo just with different scents or whatever.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    10/23+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    That might be me as I'm a big fan of off-label usage when practical. You might find this interesting *Bat*

https://petgroomermagazine.com/artic...uman-shampoos/

I use Mane-n-Tail A LOT. Made for horses, it works great for humans, and probably dogs and cats as well.
    I bought a pair of this (shampoo and conditioner) for someone who swore by it, but she moved away and it's been sitting on the shelf while I used other things....haven't checked about cones, etc....but wondering if I should try it.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Some mane and tail products are formulated for humans. That's why you can find some in the pet aisle, and some in the ethnic hair care aisle (I'll keep my thoughts about this to myself).

I've used a dog shampoo that would have sold for twice as much as a natural hair product, very good ingredients though I can't speak for pH. It's sitting in my cart to repurchase, but I feel bad as I'm more likely to use it on myself than the pup.