Page 3926 of 3965 FirstFirst ... 29263426382638763916392439253926392739283936 ... LastLast
Results 39,251 to 39,260 of 39644

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Suortuva and memeow, I recommend a diffusor. I use mine with high speed. My dryer only has one heat setting. I think it's medium.
    I tend to dry for 5-10 seconds, then hit the cool shot right after for as long. The key is getting the hair kind of set before drying--making sure you've Denman brushed or raked or scrunched properly first, whatever method you use to get product in. It should be in the right formation before drying. You can do hover diffusing where you just place it next to your hair until it's like 70% dry and then cup in the diffusor. You can do the roots first and then cup the ends. I have bent over so my roots go up and put the diffusor right on my head so that I have volume. Then after that was fairly dry I did the ends. There are a lot of ways to do it, but that formation needs to be there.

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

spirals, that was really useful and helpful information, thank you so much!

I didn't knew about diffusing at all before I read about it here at LHC, so I have never tried it, and I don't know anyone IRL who does it...

flittingsis, what a lovely braid! My mini braids just shred awfully... Not so big problem with normal braids, but for minis, you can't see the braid for the shred.

I think that maybe it's not a good thing that I have so fast drying hair, I think it does it because it's so dry and porous. It actually dryed even faster when is was damaged (I think it's now as good as it can ever be, sigh...)
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    Bald/Ugly/MTL

I just realised the last 3 times I've chopped my hair short it always happens in September sometime.

How interesting, I'm certainly curious how I'll feel about my hair September next year

Length
    1/26.5/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Bat it's interesting how seasonal we can be without even thinking about it.

Suortuva thanks I want to experiment more with the beads and getting them actually on my hair.

And I agree...
    Spirals that was great info, thanks. I was often curious about diffusers and hadn't bothered doing any research yet. If I have to wet my hair often as it gets longer I will do more research. At BSL it takes a few hours to air dry. If the hair is more sebum heavy it takes less time to dry. When it is cold out I hate hanging around for hours with wet hair.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/TBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I just realised the last 3 times I've chopped my hair short it always happens in September sometime.

How interesting, I'm certainly curious how I'll feel about my hair September next year
    I noticed I always cut my hair in the winter. I used to chop to chin about every two years, always in Nov. or Dec. I found it kind of silly because most people want short hair in summer. For me, probably something to do with winter doldrums.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I noticed I always cut my hair in the winter. I used to chop to chin about every two years, always in Nov. or Dec. I found it kind of silly because most people want short hair in summer. For me, probably something to do with winter doldrums.
    Same. I notice I always do big changes right before the season change or between September - December. Whether it has to do with my hair or anything else. And is something I almost always regret later

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Random thought
    I really wish I was a natural redhead

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Random thought
    I really wish I was a natural redhead
    Me too! I always have.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/BCL/?
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Can't wait to cut all the damaged hair and to have healthy hair from the roots to my lower back. It will take so many years, tho. I feel like actually I'm a shoulder in my journey.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Bald/Ugly/MTL

Quote Originally Posted by Flittingsis View Post
    Bat it's interesting how seasonal we can be without even thinking about it.

Suortuva thanks I want to experiment more with the beads and getting them actually on my hair.

And I agree...
    Spirals that was great info, thanks. I was often curious about diffusers and hadn't bothered doing any research yet. If I have to wet my hair often as it gets longer I will do more research. At BSL it takes a few hours to air dry. If the hair is more sebum heavy it takes less time to dry. When it is cold out I hate hanging around for hours with wet hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Same. I notice I always do big changes right before the season change or between September - December. Whether it has to do with my hair or anything else. And is something I almost always regret later
    For me it's going from spring to summer during those times but it's never to be cool in summer I'm guessing it takes me almost a year to destroy my hair with dyes lmao