Page 3924 of 3965 FirstFirst ... 29243424382438743914392239233924392539263934 ... LastLast
Results 39,231 to 39,240 of 39644

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I'm thinking about getting a blow dryer with diffuser, but I'm afraid I wouldn't understand how to use it. I have and old one without, but I really can't use it for styling. I use it rarely, only when I don't have time to let my hair air dry, and I just blow air to my hair to speed the process and I'm probably doing that wrong too.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    APL/28"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a blow dryer with diffuser, but I'm afraid I wouldn't understand how to use it. I have and old one without, but I really can't use it for styling. I use it rarely, only when I don't have time to let my hair air dry, and I just blow air to my hair to speed the process and I'm probably doing that wrong too.
    I’ve been agonizing over the same purchase. The last time I got my hair professionally cut (aka 2019) my hairdresser used a diffuser to blow dry my hair and made it look super easy. Just put bits of it into the little cup and let it do it’s thing. It left my hair with actual defined curls. My understanding is that doing this shouldn’t damage hair as long as you keep the heat low enough. But I’ve never tried it myself, and I’ve found there are a lot of things that look easy enough when you’re watching a pro….

Relatedly I think I should redo my hair typing. Yesterday I tried to avoid handling it straight out of the shower and was getting some full-on spiral curls in front. Weak ones that fell apart as soon as I finger combed, but still, seemed a bit wurlier than I thought it would. Unfortunately I’ve tried the curly girl method and get poorly defined curls with lots of frizz, so I have no clue what to do if this is actually my natural texture. Maybe buy and learn to use a diffuser….
    BSL~WL~HL~TBL?~classic...?

26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42

Length
    34/34/45
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Blow dryers are awesome if used carefully. I also dry my hair like this and actually find it looks better than if I let it air dry. And I use the cold shot setting, there's barely any heat touching my strands.

Length
    22APL/33HL/43CLS
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My Dyson Airwrap has decided to develop a fault after 2 years and itís just out of warranty. Iím now waiting for an engineer to phone me, as itís such a pricey item to just leave in the drawer.

In the meantime, Iíve reverted to doing the CGM and Iím amazed how much Iíve missed enhancing my 2A waves and the ringlets that I can achieve. Unfortunately, the result doesnít last and starts to drop out into much looser waves, especially when Iím active. Iím guessing itís my fine hair thatís the cause and Iíll try hairspray again to see if that helps. I try to avoid using too many products, as it can weigh my hair down more and sometimes irritate my scalp.
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg</a>

Length
    SL/APL/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

So I gave in and cut curtain bangs during the weekend
    It doesn't look bad... maybe I cut a little bit too much, not in the sense that its too short, rather I took thicker chunks...
    So now I'm growing some parts to let's say collarbone length and I'll be trimming just tiny wisps around my face for some framing. All in all I'm pretty pleased with it.
    I'll try to post some pictures soon.
    Den som všntar pŚ nŚgot gott všntar aldrig fŲr lšnge.

Length
    Bald/Ugly/MTL

I lasted 56 days of having no dye deposit or otherwise on the parts I buzzed off, but put a dark purple on it, it should fade out over time

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Because I have been thinking about replacing my old blow dryer anyway, I placed an order for a new with a diffuser...
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Because I have been thinking about replacing my old blow dryer anyway, I placed an order for a new with a diffuser...
    Oh excellent! I love mine and use it all winter long. Just crumple your hair into the diffuser and let it go.

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Oh excellent! I love mine and use it all winter long. Just crumple your hair into the diffuser and let it go.
    Great to hear that!
    My hair is very fast drying, but I was thinking blow drying might be nicer during winter, and hopefully help my hair to behave better.

I gave up on blow dryers years ago. This because the last time I used one, after standing there blow-drying my hair for an HOUR it still wasn't dry. Might as well just let it air-dry at that point.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.