Page 3923 of 3965 FirstFirst ... 29233423382338733913392139223923392439253933 ... LastLast
Results 39,221 to 39,230 of 39644

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    APL/28"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    *sigh* Why won't the sun lighten my hair or give me red highlights? *sob*
    Because you have healthy strong cuticles, with pigmented proteins that stay fixed and aren’t easily damaged! It’s not a bad thing, those pigments make your hair stronger. Interestingly I have a mix of lighter blond and darker brown hairs, and the dark ones are all appreciably thicker and harder to break. As I’ve gotten older my hair has continued to get both darker and stronger.

Of course if you want to lighten it there are lots of ways to remove pigments. But even the gentlest will make your hair less strong, because you’re literally damaging the proteins that give your hair it’s color — and also provide some strength.

Alternatively if you grow it WAY out you will probably hit a length where you do get more color variation…but also more damage :/
    BSL~WL~HL~TBL?~classic...?

26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Could try that I don't think be having it natural long term maybe just for the year if I can even last that long
    I need to find a purple shampoo that doesn't stink. I had shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner that I gave away because to me it smells like boiled shrimp. I like cool tones as well but I'm not proactive about achieving them.

Quote Originally Posted by memeow View Post
    Because you have healthy strong cuticles, with pigmented proteins that stay fixed and arenít easily damaged! Itís not a bad thing, those pigments make your hair stronger. Interestingly I have a mix of lighter blond and darker brown hairs, and the dark ones are all appreciably thicker and harder to break. As Iíve gotten older my hair has continued to get both darker and stronger.

Of course if you want to lighten it there are lots of ways to remove pigments. But even the gentlest will make your hair less strong, because youíre literally damaging the proteins that give your hair itís color ó and also provide some strength.

Alternatively if you grow it WAY out you will probably hit a length where you do get more color variationÖbut also more damage :/
    I honestly don't know that I ever saw any color variation, even at knee length (which I think was approaching terminal length for me)... *sigh*

And yes, there is a reason I don't use bleach on my hair-- it doesn't need to become more tangly/unmanageable/damage-prone (if this is my hair "healthy," I'd hate to see it if it wasn't...). (Also I am too lazy to have to do TWO steps every time I want to henna my hair.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I don't like the green in my hair after all, it doesn't suit me, lame
    I love the colour (both green and turquoise). The green is so vibrant!

Length
    Bald/Ugly/MTL

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    I need to find a purple shampoo that doesn't stink. I had shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner that I gave away because to me it smells like boiled shrimp. I like cool tones as well but I'm not proactive about achieving them.
    I must say I've never come across one that smells like thst!

Length
    Bald/Ugly/MTL

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I love the colour (both green and turquoise). The green is so vibrant!
    I do like the color but not on me I'm not sure what other colors to try but I'll think of something eventually

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Using a leave-in straight after a wash wasn't really working, although using it once between washes *is* a useful option to have. I dug out a couple of Aussie 3-minute miracles a while ago (with <gasp> proper silicones in) and last night decided to put the tiniest bit on my ends as I was rinsing my hair out. I'll have to remember to at least squeeze shampoo over my ends to prevent any buildup but I'll see how it goes. Right now, the day after the wash, they feel okay so that's cool.

I don't want to have to go back to proper silicones because they pull texture out for me, but … we'll see. Would it be worth sacrificing texture for my hair to feel better? Logically it should be, especially as nobody even sees my texture and it falls out through bunning anyway, but I'm reluctant to. I dunno
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I have mostly 2c and I love Aunt Jackie's Curl La La. It's a curly pudding. It has some hold ingredient but it's very light and moisturizing and defining. I think it would work for most wavies. I scrunch a half dollar amount into my wet hair in the shower before putting in a microfiber towel. I really squish it to distribute evenly. I use a mousse for hold on top of it but even if you don't, you get nice texture and a soft finish. I use this instead of a traditional leave-in.

Length
    1"/APL/WL

I love wearing beanies and the weather is just about right now. Gotta figure out how to manage my hair with them though. Last year it was so much shorter than it is now and I liked the look of it loose just poking out the bottom a few inches. Will have to experiment and see what I like best now.

Length
    13/32/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I tried blow drying my hair after washing today. Not all the way dry, just until it was semi-damp. I may have to do this more often, it cuts down on drying time by so much!