Page 3846 of 3882 FirstFirst ... 28463346374637963836384438453846384738483856 ... LastLast
Results 38,451 to 38,460 of 38811

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    SL/HL/TBD
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I just trimmed my hair up to HL, my big shed has me chopping off mile marker by mile marker until I find a new comfort length that still looks good down.
    I'm moreso chasing the thicker hemline look over length for now... I wonder where I'm going to end up mile marker wise

Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    {aka that witch who really loves ducks}

Length
    16/18.5/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I was just thinking about the 80's.

Does anyone remember banana clips? It was possible to make short hair look like it was longer and in ponytail.

Also, I have no idea what this was called. But we would get a small section of hair towards the nape and wrap coloured thread around it. I hung small bells on the end of mine
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.
    No trims since June 10th 2021, aiming for fairytale ends.

I really don't know how you all wear your hair "up" all day, every day.

Mine, inevitably, is painful and sometimes I can't even wear it all day. Sometimes/often I'll have the hair accessory digging into my scalp and causing a headache-- especially since gravity and torque have their way to shift a bun or french twist or whatever so what's fine when I first put it up later has moved and is putting pressure on my hair pins/comb/sticks. And no, I don't want to have to redo my hair multiple times a day. I remembered with my new claw clips what I didn't like about claw clips in the 90s: the tines digging into my head, pressed in by a tight updo that they're holding. Even Heidi braids, which you would think would be quite comfortable, have me happy to take them down after wearing them for several hours, with a sore scalp. (The other day it was a partial french twist held with a comb. The twist wanted to untwist, which meant the comb twisted with it and dug into my head. I was longing for the end of the work day since I was determined to not take my hair down-- I'm sure it looks odd to my coworkers that I start the day with one hairstyle and a cute one, then by the end of the day I'm back in my regular boring braid.)

If it's not that (or, in addition to that), the weight on the back of my head exacerbates any problems I'll have if I need to spend any amount of time looking down (to read or write, or look at a phone) and then it's a neckache *and* a headache (I already can get sore from too much looking down, without the weight of my hair adding to it).

I'm sure other people don't have these problems. I'm not sure why I do. I'd love to be able to wear my hair "up" more, but sometimes I just can't take it for a whole day or more than a couple hours...

Honestly... I've considered cutting my hair back to around BSL to make it easier to put up... there are some styles I just can't do with this much hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post

Does anyone remember banana clips? It was possible to make short hair look like it was longer and in ponytail.

Also, I have no idea what this was called. But we would get a small section of hair towards the nape and wrap coloured thread around it. I hung small bells on the end of mine
    Remember banana clips? They still make them! (I admit I never much liked the look, though, even though I liked banana clips, lol.)

And yeah, I remember the thread wraps. Those were more 90s, though, I think. I think they were just called a "hair wrap."
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    CBL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I really don't know how you all wear your hair "up" all day, every day.

Mine, inevitably, is painful and sometimes I can't even wear it all day. Sometimes/often I'll have the hair accessory digging into my scalp and causing a headache-- especially since gravity and torque have their way to shift a bun or french twist or whatever so what's fine when I first put it up later has moved and is putting pressure on my hair pins/comb/sticks. And no, I don't want to have to redo my hair multiple times a day. I remembered with my new claw clips what I didn't like about claw clips in the 90s: the tines digging into my head, pressed in by a tight updo that they're holding. Even Heidi braids, which you would think would be quite comfortable, have me happy to take them down after wearing them for several hours, with a sore scalp. (The other day it was a partial french twist held with a comb. The twist wanted to untwist, which meant the comb twisted with it and dug into my head. I was longing for the end of the work day since I was determined to not take my hair down-- I'm sure it looks odd to my coworkers that I start the day with one hairstyle and a cute one, then by the end of the day I'm back in my regular boring braid.)

If it's not that (or, in addition to that), the weight on the back of my head exacerbates any problems I'll have if I need to spend any amount of time looking down (to read or write, or look at a phone) and then it's a neckache *and* a headache (I already can get sore from too much looking down, without the weight of my hair adding to it).

I'm sure other people don't have these problems. I'm not sure why I do. I'd love to be able to wear my hair "up" more, but sometimes I just can't take it for a whole day or more than a couple hours...

Honestly... I've considered cutting my hair back to around BSL to make it easier to put up... there are some styles I just can't do with this much hair.

I have all of these issues with wearing my hair up too, I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong but Even braids pull weird sometimes and I can't stand that either so maybe I/we just have sensitive scalps. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm not going to wear my hair up except very brief for certain situations, and just find a length of hair that feels long enough without being impossible to maintain being down .

Length
    BSL/BCL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have those issues too. I'm sure it's the weight because I haven't problems 4 inches ago.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Bob+

I can't have my hair up for long either, for some reason it can be restricting, it feels good to let it down when I get home
    🦇 The Quest Begins 27th Sept 21🦇
    Buzz | Long on top - Chin Length | Even Bob
    No Bleach/Dyes| Minimal Trims | Maintaining

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I'm extremely sensitive too, and can't wear a basic braid if it pulls just a little at my scalp. The more effective for me is a loose french braid, it stays great for a day and don't pulls if I do it well. Or I do a sort of "snail" in top of my head that I keep up with a big hair clamp, when I'm at home.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm on my way to go fishing at the beach for vacation woop woop. What are some cute protective beachy hairstyles that will work with APL-BSL?

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I'm going to do that rinse your hair upside down thing so it doesn't go flat. I have 2.5 to 3 feet of hair. Methinks this will mean a face full of conditioner.
    If you can angle your shower head, I find that it helps to play around with that to find the angle that will keep it mostly out of your face. I have a handheld one and I like to also rinse my hair from underneath: while flipped over, I hold the shower head closer to my body than my hair is, and spray outward.

I've found that conditioner in my face has been bad as far as irritating my eyes goes so I try not to get it anywhere near my face if possible. YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post

I remember them! Do they still exist?

I think we just called them hair wraps. I have a Klutz book for them and it just calls it hair wraps also. I remember where I lived some people would get one in and leave it forever until and unless it slipped off. They'd leave them in through haircuts and things too, so they could see how long their hair would have been if they hadn't cut it.
    Last edited by enting; August 1st, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

Length
    CBL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I'm not sure no-heat curling is a legit strategy of growing hair, but when I had the longest I curled it everytime I washed it(Sometimes braid waves) and it worked out well for me so I'm going to try it again . It definitely makes it more manageable somehow and it's pretty at the very least