Page 3800 of 3846 FirstFirst ... 28003300370037503790379837993800380138023810 ... LastLast
Results 37,991 to 38,000 of 38457

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    SL/APL/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Sick and tired of Facebook hair groups
    I'm seriously considering leaving the last one ( Curly Girls Poland) soon. Its not a place for someone who wants long hair..
    Going to the hairdressers and getting stylish short cuts has become a trend now... Long curly hair ... I see it less and less often. A little while ago a girl posted, with beautiful tailbone curls, asking for some advice for tangles and such...
    Almost every comment was: you should cut your hair. Even though she explicitly stated in her post that she is not interested in cutting
    I'm fed up.
    End rant.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    I'm seriously considering leaving the last one ( Curly Girls Poland) soon. Its not a place for someone who wants long hair..
    Going to the hairdressers and getting stylish short cuts has become a trend now... Long curly hair ... I see it less and less often. A little while ago a girl posted, with beautiful tailbone curls, asking for some advice for tangles and such...
    Almost every comment was: you should cut your hair. Even though she explicitly stated in her post that she is not interested in cutting
    I'm fed up.
    End rant.
    I left a hair growth one targeted at men as well because they all started cutting their hair super short.

One of the members was like “oh everyone is cutting their hair so I did too”

I was like nope that’s it I’m out!

Length
    CBL/MTL/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I'm fed up.
    End rant.
    I only belong to ones dedicated to long hair so I don't have the same reasons as you, but the way misinformation is spread around in Facebook groups drives me up the wall. I don't want to be the know-it-all jerk correcting people unsolicited, but some of the stuff they say is just straight-up crazy (not stuff that's a matter of opinion) and it hurts to bite my tongue.
    50.5" of hair (June 30 2021)
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm fed up.
    End rant.
    I totally understand you! Shoulder/collarbone length it's a must have, everyone get it soon or later. It happens in the italian curly / wavy community too.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

I'm fed up.
    End rant.
    Yeah, sounds like a no fun group!
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

I decided I want hip length hair, but I'm tall so I was TERRIFIED it would take a lifetime... so I took a measuring tape. Right now I'm at 50cm, and my hip is at 82cm. I forgot how short my torso actually is so if it took me around 2 years and a few months (with some major trims in between) to reach 50cm, 82 is not that far away. Of course the wurls take a lot of visual length, but that 50cm measurement is with unstretched hair, and my wurls become looser as they grow longer... so I probably have nothing to worry about I'm happy that while it will probably take some major TLC, it's not unachievable for me.
    Shaven/Shoulder/APL
    conehead, sulfate user, frequent washer

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aloewurly View Post
    I decided I want hip length hair, but I'm tall so I was TERRIFIED it would take a lifetime... so I took a measuring tape. Right now I'm at 50cm, and my hip is at 82cm. I forgot how short my torso actually is so if it took me around 2 years and a few months (with some major trims in between) to reach 50cm, 82 is not that far away. Of course the wurls take a lot of visual length, but that 50cm measurement is with unstretched hair, and my wurls become looser as they grow longer... so I probably have nothing to worry about I'm happy that while it will probably take some major TLC, it's not unachievable for me.
    good luck! I think hip is one of the best lengths in my opinion, it's my first major goal
    🦇No Trims 20 Months🦇

🦇 1 2 3 4 5 x4🦇

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    good luck! I think hip is one of the best lengths in my opinion, it's my first major goal
    Thank you so much!! I see you want to reach mid thigh, now THAT'S an impressive goal Lots of luck for you too!
    Shaven/Shoulder/APL
    conehead, sulfate user, frequent washer

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aloewurly View Post
    Thank you so much!! I see you want to reach mid thigh, now THAT'S an impressive goal Lots of luck for you too!
    my goal was floor length for a while but that is a bit to wishful thinking at this stage, mid-thigh is super long and possibly more attainable than floor
    🦇No Trims 20 Months🦇

🦇 1 2 3 4 5 x4🦇

Length
    22APL/32WL/43CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm fed up.
    End rant.
    I see it quite a lot of misinformation/fake news in Facebook groups. It also drives me up the wall and I stop short of replying, leaving it to others to argue it out.

I guess some people believe they’re genuinely giving out good advice, whilst others want to promote their own beliefs and interests.