Page 3799 of 3850 FirstFirst ... 279932993699374937893797379837993800380138093849 ... LastLast
Results 37,981 to 37,990 of 38500

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

The top layer of my hair is in rough shape, especially the face framing sections. Found a couple of splits and just damaged ends. Trying to ignore it because I have a lot of progress to make until I plan on starting a trim schedule.

Length
    ~20"/55"/55"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Would a tiny trim satisfy the urge, then a bigger cut after more growing? I think that may have been what I did - ever the one for compromise

Oh, and a very visible marker is so helpful! I wore a specific pair of leggings when my sister cut mine back to knee+ so that there would be no ambiguity about what counted as knee or anything like that (she's good and I trust her but it was just easier for her to see exactly where rather than trying to describe).
    I had a very tiny trim first thing-I had been on a no-length-check challenge, so when I checked it again I was a scant 1/4 inch or so past goal. Then of course 3 months later was roughly an inch and a half.

I think I'd trust a new hairdresser who someone I knew trusted with a crease-matching trim. Mom is free though, so I go with the budget option.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    The top layer of my hair is in rough shape, especially the face framing sections. Found a couple of splits and just damaged ends. Trying to ignore it because I have a lot of progress to make until I plan on starting a trim schedule.
    You could do a search and destroy if its just a section of your hair and not your whole head. I find that helps me get rid of scraggly ends without the compromise of a trim!
    Shaven/Shoulder/APL
    conehead, sulfate user, frequent washer

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I figured out how to deal with my new bangs. At this length, they don't curl as much, but wave in weird ways I don't want. On a lark I combed them to my left, against my natural part. They looked OK. At some point today I combed them all back the other way after having been in the new position for about 24 hours. They did this really cool side sweep thing. They look feathery and flow horizontally. We had a friend of the family who would curl her bangs that way and I always liked it. She passed on many, many years ago and I find wearing my bangs this way allows me to honor her memory in a very small way. I call them "Betty bangs" because that was her name.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Same. Why is it always the face framing sections that split. Sigh

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Maybe they're the most manipulated.

Length
    Pixie/SL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    I think Iíve decided to go ahead and get a little trim now. Not because my hair ďneedsĒ it per se (although for whatever reason I have found more splits than usual lately) but because I think freshening it up would make me feel better about my hair in general despite setting my growth back. Thatís the most important right? I plan on letting the ends fairytale as I inch towards my goal of TBL but that goal is a good 2-3 years away. Iím really nervous that my hairdresser will take off too much length but the last time she didnít. Iím not confident enough to trim it myself.

Thatís basically the reason Iíll be waiting a few more months to call hip. Iím so close... but not yet. After my trim weíll see how far I am and go from there.

Iíve got about half a mind to take the plunge and get curtain bangs while Iím at it. Currently admiring this picture https://images.app.goo.gl/pi7KTqXpbmfKAFKG8 and imagining something similar would look good on me, but Iím not sure if it would work with my hair type and Iím not styling them every day lol. Iím so torn about the bangs question and have been for months.
    I also have 2a/2b hair (but it's very fine and thin) and have bangs that when stretched touch the bridge of my nose. I have to straighten them every day to get the look I want, and since I have quit heat-styling it has to be done with foam rollers and then combed out. My bangs look sort of like this when straightened with a hot brush: https://ath.unileverservices.com/wp-...-brown-min.jpg ,so since they're not curtain bangs you might have better luck than me. You may be able to roll or twist them and then pin them to the sides while they're damp and let them dry.

Length
    Pixie/SL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    Maybe they're the most manipulated.
    That's why my framing layers split and frizz (I have to straighten them). Plus, I sleep on my side a lot and can't protect them from rubbing on my pillow.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by secret soup View Post
    That's why my framing layers split and frizz (I have to straighten them). Plus, I sleep on my side a lot and can't protect them from rubbing on my pillow.
    That was how I used to deal with them. Straightening to lay down the frizz caused by splits. After a while straightening it over once wouldn't work. I would have to a go over with a flat iron a couple times until it lay straight. Until one day they just wouldn't and I realized I fried every single hair in that section. It looked like hay. Every hair would crinkle up

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I think Iíve convinced myself to grow my sides and bangs out, I can always cut them back in if I feel the need to

Edit: yep mind made up, growing them out now Iím going to let my sides even grow it natural for a while (still will dye the rest black still)
    Last edited by Bat; June 13th, 2021 at 07:06 AM.