Results 37,751 to 37,760 of 37760

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    22/31.75/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Today I watched a video where a guy was styling a wig to achieve what on me is a bad hair day. I was like "so, someone actually works hard for this..."
    That’s what some of us thought of the 80’s teased hair at the time.

Length
    12/16.5/50

Don't knock the 80s goth look! I've teased a wig too, I wont do it to my own hair, I'd end up killing it.

____
    Eve though I lost a month Growth getting my trim yesterday was the best thing, I washed my hair today and this small part that used to tangle together is gone! I don't miss that for sure

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

At tailbone I now have pins, forks, and sticks that don't hold my hair up. Medium claw clips do but they don't really match my style. I try to use as close to my hair color as possible.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Don't knock the 80s goth look! I've teased a wig too, I wont do it to my own hair, I'd end up killing it.

____
    Eve though I lost a month Growth getting my trim yesterday was the best thing, I washed my hair today and this small part that used to tangle together is gone! I don't miss that for sure
    Damaged tangly bits are the worst, drives me totally bonkers. I'd say that's worth losing a month's growth
    Lady Kaname, Daywalker of the Chaos Realm in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I've been wearing my hair loose in a long sleep cap over the last few days, only taking it out to comb and photograph it. My hair feels like a toy I put back in its bag when I'm done playing with it

Length
    12/16.5/50

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    Damaged tangly bits are the worst, drives me totally bonkers. I'd say that's worth losing a month's growth
    Yep. I'm hoping i won't need a trim until the end of next year but that's unlikely 2-3 months is usually when I cave and trim lol I'll try in 3 month blocks and see how I go

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Yep. I'm hoping i won't need a trim until the end of next year but that's unlikely 2-3 months is usually when I cave and trim lol I'll try in 3 month blocks and see how I go
    I usually trim every three months, but for me it's mostly because I want to prevent my hair from getting damaged. I just prioritize health over length.

Length
    SL/CBL/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I feel like my hair has changed somehow. Its still few solid inches before APL but I experience now that with more length it feels... différent. Maybe it has something to do with that I stopped doing henna and henndigo? It's tangling more, feels dryer and I noticed even some frizz
    I'm considering changing my routine a bit. Is it possible that my hair becomes more porous? I think I will try and go back to gente shampoo and maybe CWC.
    Do we have some thread about .. kind of " how your hair's needs changed with different lengths "?
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    I feel like my hair has changed somehow. Its still few solid inches before APL but I experience now that with more length it feels... différent. Maybe it has something to do with that I stopped doing henna and henndigo? It's tangling more, feels dryer and I noticed even some frizz
    I'm considering changing my routine a bit. Is it possible that my hair becomes more porous? I think I will try and go back to gente shampoo and maybe CWC.
    Do we have some thread about .. kind of " how your hair's needs changed with different lengths "?
    I don't recall having seen anything like that, but it's a great idea for a thread!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    SL/CBL/MBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I don't recall having seen anything like that, but it's a great idea for a thread!
    Haha, thanks Ylva maybe I can make one!
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.