Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    26/29.5/??
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    I also have a ton of frizz.

It’s been a really sad month for me with the death of a close friend simultaneous with some other not death related losses. So I’ve been really preoccupied and caught up in my feelings. So one of the many silver linings (they’re always there but usually hidden) is I’m not obsessing over the state of my damaged ends. So there’s one.
    I am so sorry for your loss.I truly hope that things take a better turn for you.

Length
    22/31.50/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    That's great! Strangely me too. But it's not because I'm doing everything right, yet. I've noticed a strong seasonal component over the years. My sheds seem heaviest in winter and become minimal during the hot summer months which somehow seems so wrong.
    Thanks. It could be down to seasonal changes. Although here in the UK, our winter seems to be dragging on into Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    That awesome!

I have noticed the same thing. Hardly any shedding now, but tons over the winter. I was just thinking about it while waking up this morning. Seems so backwards, like you should shed in the spring, that's what every other animal does.
    Thanks. It is significant for me, since I’m usually a big shedder.

You both have raised an interesting point though. Since logically, you would expect to shed hair to keep cooler in the summer - like with other mammals and keep hair to keep warmer in winter.

There’s a couple of theories that human head hair helps to shield the head from the sun and helps to soak up any sweat. Although when I used live through the hot humid summers in Australia, I always felt more hotter when I had longer hear!
    Last edited by Jools69; Today at 01:52 AM.

Length
    scalp/50/???
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    That awesome!

I have noticed the same thing. Hardly any shedding now, but tons over the winter. I was just thinking about it while waking up this morning. Seems so backwards, like you should shed in the spring, that's what every other animal does.
    That's funny. Guess we're not like other animals
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    12/SL/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    That's funny. Guess we're not like other animals
    here I was hoping frizz vanishes when it gets longer, now i've seen proof that is not the case!, I wish i'd been lucky like you and my hair magically turned to blond over time, I'd save much money cause of no bleaching!

I remember somewhere you said it happened in your 30s? was it gradual or did bam your roots start growing in blond oneday?
    🦇 Batcave Bat 🦇
    Shoulder! now onto APL!