Page 3743 of 3777 FirstFirst ... 27433243364336933733374137423743374437453753 ... LastLast
Results 37,421 to 37,430 of 37764

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    21/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not a weekly washer; I'm mostly a daily washer. That's one reason why water quality is extra important for me, because it does play a major role in my haircare!

I did consider asking for it as an early gift, but at the same time, I don't think I will spend an awful lot of time at my flat in the summer, so I might as well install it after. Don't want my short-haired partner wearing up the filter while I'm gone. XD
    Oh noo! No I definitely agree, I know what you mean, I had to have strong words with my boyfriend when i found out he used my shampoo lol
    CL (11/18 ) ~ SL (09/19) ~ APL (04/20) ~ BSL (01/21) ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trims & no bleach from 10/20

Length
    12/16.5/50

I look albino with my white blond bangs and sides now, if I pull my hair back and take a photo on a certain angle. the fact I shave off my brows helps the illusion,
    My skin can be quite red/pink looking so I likely don't suit it, but I'm really digging the look

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Heck, I went ahead and ordered that shower filter package (a blob and a showerhead)! They were offering 15% off, and the offer expires before my birthday, so it was totally reasonable, right?! I'm excited! Goodbye 8.5-8.9 pH, welcome 4.7-5.5!

ETA: Well, it probably won't lower it that much for me, considering how high it is, to begin with, but either way, it'll be below 7!
    Last edited by Ylva; April 12th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Heck, I went ahead and ordered that shower filter package (a blob and a showerhead)! They were offering 15% off, and the offer expires before my birthday, so it was totally reasonable, right?! I'm excited! Goodbye 8.5-8.9 pH, welcome 4.7-5.5!

ETA: Well, it probably won't lower it that much for me, considering how high it is, to begin with, but either way, it'll be below 7!
    That's still a major difference. I don't know what is ideal for hair care but what you have right now sounds like it's not it.

Length
    12/16.5/50

so I did a toner and it looks more green than it did before z luckily it will eventually fade, I'll just have to have ugly bangs a while
    🦇 Next Up: Solid Shoulder 🦇
    |Chin Mid Dec 2020|SL Late April 2021| Almost SL Early May
    🦇 Goal: FTL/MTL 🦇

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    so I did a toner and it looks more green than it did before z luckily it will eventually fade, I'll just have to have ugly bangs a while
    I feel like you would enjoy hair chalk or something similar, especially since I noticed you said somewhere else you weren't going to do anything drastic for a while. I reckon that doesn't count. I saw someone say that eyeshadow would also work, and that sounds fun... hmm... maybe I will try that. It's not like I really wear much of my makeup anyway!

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    That's still a major difference. I don't know what is ideal for hair care but what you have right now sounds like it's not it.
    Water is typically a neutral 7, which is still a couple of points higher than the natural pH of hair and skin, but things like mineral content can naturally change the pH. It is common that the pH of communal water is raised to prevent the wearing of the pipes, but the water in my city is exceptionally alkaline. Fortunately enough, I haven't noticed permanent damage from it, as my hair goes back to normal after just one wash with better water. Still, it's a real PITA to deal with bleach-damaged hair using water like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That sounds kind of cool?!

Length
    scalp/50/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Water is typically a neutral 7, which is still a couple of points higher than the natural pH of hair and skin, but things like mineral content can naturally change the pH. It is common that the pH of communal water is raised to prevent the wearing of the pipes, but the water in my city is exceptionally alkaline. Fortunately enough, I haven't noticed permanent damage from it, as my hair goes back to normal after just one wash with better water. Still, it's a real PITA to deal with bleach-damaged hair using water like this!
    PURE water has a pH of 7. If you measure the pH of distilled or deionized water in a lab say it might surprise you, as it did me the very first time I did this, that its pH is quite different from "7", more nearly 5, due to its dissolved carbon dioxide (which forms carbonic acid).

A pH of 8 is definitely not healthy for hair. I'd bet you have tangling issues galore unless you acid rinse
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    PURE water has a pH of 7. If you measure the pH of distilled or deionized water in a lab say it might surprise you, as it did me the very first time I did this, that its pH is quite different from "7", more nearly 5, due to its dissolved carbon dioxide (which forms carbonic acid).

A pH of 8 is definitely not healthy for hair. I'd bet you have tangling issues galore unless you acid rinse
    Yes, I'm sure it varies a lot due to different factors. It's not my area of expertise.

Generally, my hair tangles relatively little (my virgin hair basically doesn't tangle at all), but I do notice an increase in tangles due to the alkalinity. I am too lazy for acid rinses.

Length
    21/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Amazing!! : I know nothing about PH levels but my hair is veeeery knotty after the shower... maybe I need to get a test kit.
    CL (11/18 ) ~ SL (09/19) ~ APL (04/20) ~ BSL (01/21) ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trims & no bleach from 10/20