Page 3663 of 4449 FirstFirst ... 26633163356336133653366136623663366436653673371337634163 ... LastLast
Results 36,621 to 36,630 of 44484

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

If I let my hair air-dry and don't comb it out at all, I get natural finger waves up front. Now I need to figure out how to keep them on non-wash days.

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I need to do a lot of shrugging haha
    Shrugging (with weights I guess) builds up your trapezius muscles. Therefore, if you shrug enough you'll get buff shoulders, which in turn will make you reach shoulder length faster.
    Big brain time
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

We are finally watching the last seasons of game of thrones and I am so appreciating the hair. Did everyone’s hair get better as the show went on? Apart from the characters who are (obviously to me) wearing wigs.
    But the (cbl? length hair) half ups with a little bun of the Stark family style is my favourite...looks so good!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I'm kind of over the fairytale ends and how thin the end of my braids always are. I wonder if I would enjoy a blunt cut with thickened up ends at hip Or maybe I'll just dye the ends I'm getting sick of to have some semblance of fun with my hair for once... Those Lunar Tides dyes sure are tempting, I've been eyeing smokey mauve for a while now—it's such a beautiful color
    If it's a choice between cutting or dyeing the ends, I'd suggest dyeing first. Then if you're still sick of the ends, you can still cut them off, but having hopefully had a bit of fun first
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I'm a bit tired of spending hours and energies on my hair and have it always in a terrible shape no matter what. I don't know what it wants. It's not wavy, it' not straight, just a big frizzy mess. Oh, now I also have dry dandruff out of nowhere. I mean, it grows slow, it's frizzy from the roots, it's not shiny, always so difficult to detangle at the roots, take ages to dry ... Sometimes I feel like my hair is just ugly. The only good think is its softness.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I'm a bit tired of spending hours and energies on my hair and have it always in a terrible shape no matter what. I don't know what it wants. It's not wavy, it' not straight, just a big frizzy mess. Oh, now I also have dry dandruff out of nowhere. I mean, it grows slow, it's frizzy from the roots, it's not shiny, always so difficult to detangle at the roots, take ages to dry ... Sometimes I feel like my hair is just ugly. The only good think is its softness.
    We are our own worst critics! Maybe time for some benign neglect
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    If it's a choice between cutting or dyeing the ends, I'd suggest dyeing first. Then if you're still sick of the ends, you can still cut them off, but having hopefully had a bit of fun first
    I agree, this might be the path I end up taking. It's kind of a win both ways

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Maybe try another routine / haircare method and see if it works? I thought the same thing about my hair until I changed products and changed my product application. I was really upset about my hair like two or three weeks ago, and went back to my old routine and all is good again.

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    Shrugging (with weights I guess) builds up your trapezius muscles. Therefore, if you shrug enough you'll get buff shoulders, which in turn will make you reach shoulder length faster.
    Big brain time
    Working out as well as gaining length 2 birds 1 stone!
    Hang in there! Mines a frizzy mess too can relate, you got this though

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    We are our own worst critics! Maybe time for some benign neglect
    I was thinking about this... just shampoo and conditioner and then air dry could be something I can try....

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Maybe try another routine / haircare method and see if it works? I thought the same thing about my hair until I changed products and changed my product application. I was really upset about my hair like two or three weeks ago, and went back to my old routine and all is good again.
    My routine is basically the same for an year now, not the same products but the same kind of products, so I thought that maybe my hair needs something different but I still can't figure out what.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post

Hang in there! Mines a frizzy mess too can relate, you got this though
    I know you can understand my struggle.

There is a little update. I washed my hair and I used this mask/deep conditioner (that has proteins too) and then I applied my new leave in conditioner. Well... it looks a little bit better. It's less frizzy and I can see some wave trying to form in what was my wavier side of the head. It's not the first time I use that mask, but at the same time I don't know if it's just the new leave in.
    Maybe should I try to deep condition more? Even if my hair already feels soft? I wasn't using a leave in in ages (just styling product) because of its softness with just a regular shampoo & conditioner.
    I'll experiment more.