Page 3583 of 4452 FirstFirst ... 25833083348335333573358135823583358435853593363336834083 ... LastLast
Results 35,821 to 35,830 of 44513

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Pic please! Seriously though it’s good to find a head covering that works. I’ve been wearing mine bunned with a woolly headband around and that’s comfortable.
    Haha it’s tempting to post a picture of the Queen

Your solution sounds good, I think that’s quite a popular option on LHC.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I've been trying ROO. Oddly my hair seems to be looking more dull and my products sit on top of it. It helps so much with detangling, but I think otherwise prevents my leave in from absorbing. I'll try a wash without it and see if my hair is less dull. :/

Length
    Chin/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    (...) the time I worked out about tying my braid around the pole holding the shower head.
    That's such a great tip!
    > Growing since 01-01-2018 <
    ChL - NL - SL- CBL- APL - MBL- BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I've been trying ROO. Oddly my hair seems to be looking more dull and my products sit on top of it. It helps so much with detangling, but I think otherwise prevents my leave in from absorbing. I'll try a wash without it and see if my hair is less dull. :/
    My hair is less shiny using ROO as well. I can only use oil at one point in my wash but I vary where I use it. Sometimes I skip ROO but add a drop of oil after applying the leave in. I can’t do that for too many washes in a row though because the oil builds up so then I switch to something else.

I find olive oil particularly good for slip and shine, but as it’s heavier I use it earlier in the wash. I sometimes use olive oil as a pre poo treatment for a couple of hours, with conditioner on top of it for the last 20 minutes or so, to help remove the oil. Then I just shampoo, condition, and use leave in. My hair feels spectacularly slippy afterwards, to the point that I can’t do those treatments too often because my hair forks slide out

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    My hair is less shiny using ROO as well. I can only use oil at one point in my wash but I vary where I use it. Sometimes I skip ROO but add a drop of oil after applying the leave in. I can’t do that for too many washes in a row though because the oil builds up so then I switch to something else.

I find olive oil particularly good for slip and shine, but as it’s heavier I use it earlier in the wash. I sometimes use olive oil as a pre poo treatment for a couple of hours, with conditioner on top of it for the last 20 minutes or so, to help remove the oil. Then I just shampoo, condition, and use leave in. My hair feels spectacularly slippy afterwards, to the point that I can’t do those treatments too often because my hair forks slide out
    Sounds like I will have to try this treatment, sounds great!
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

i'm back to deciding to grow instead of maintaining, being in this all hair must be even and perfect mentality it just going to get me in a forever short loop, my plan is to be shoulder by July and almost apl by the end of december next year, I might even let my side shave bleach grow out, just for a year to see how much I grow in a year
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    i'm back to deciding to grow instead of maintaining, being in this all hair must be even and perfect mentality it just going to get me in a forever short loop, my plan is to be shoulder by July and almost apl by the end of december next year, I might even let my side shave bleach grow out, just for a year to see how much I grow in a year
    That would be cool to see exactly how much hair you grow in a year....

Quote Originally Posted by cat11 View Post
    Sounds like I will have to try this treatment, sounds great!
    I hope it works well for you! I think olive oil used to be popular on the forum years ago. Some things fall in and out of fashion, even here!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Aw thank you! It tickles me to dress like the Queen for the school run!

MusicalSpoons it’s good to hear that your scalp is happy!
    Ah, the Queen has always been very elegant - I'm sure you pull off the scarf brilliantly

And thanks, it's been a great surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    *hands out infrequent washers club badge* It is indeed weird how hair can transition from needing a wash to then being ok again. Mine does this - I’ll notice sebum build up at the back of my head, a session with my BBB and even the next day there’s no build up.

I’ve probably missed what shampoo you’re using, but are you doing a dilution with it when you wash your hair? That can help normalise sebum production over time.
    Hehe, thanks Strangely if I wanted to stay looking presentable I would *still* need to wash every other day

I'm currently using Dr Organic Charcoal (supposedly purifying, though I was oily again by day 2 so I'm not convinced by that particular claim). Very much full strength.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    If you don’t try... you will never know.... once I got out of the loop of always cutting... it became addictive to NOT... good luck! I’m rooting for you!
    I’m finally checking the ONE and only item off my bucket list! Longer hair than a pixie! Now I’m creeping to waist and can’t believe it!!! Growing til I retire...and probably after.... 🤗