Page 3563 of 4436 FirstFirst ... 25633063346335133553356135623563356435653573361336634063 ... LastLast
Results 35,621 to 35,630 of 44352

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I feel like I'm in a ponytail rut right now. I literally can't do anything else with it outside of letting it down or pigtails but I won't do any of those because 1. I'm still growing out a mullet 2. I work with food and we're having lots of inspections on hygiene right now and 3. With parents who range from bordering on to definitely sexist I would get slaughtered if I did pigtails.

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    I feel like I'm in a ponytail rut right now. I literally can't do anything else with it outside of letting it down or pigtails but I won't do any of those because 1. I'm still growing out a mullet 2. I work with food and we're having lots of inspections on hygiene right now and 3. With parents who range from bordering on to definitely sexist I would get slaughtered if I did pigtails.
    Can you do half ups?

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I moaned before about thorough scalp washing requiring too much energy, but today I realised I can do it sitting down in the shower if I tie my braid to the pole that holds the showerhead, and keep the showerhead on my lap the mental image of how it must have looked kept me thoroughly amused too. It takes energy to plait it first but I can do that long enough before the shower to try to recover a bit, and although it means I need the energy to shower as well, not having to hold my arms up to hold the plait up whilst washing is a huge improvement. So, happy scalp, happy hair, and only mildly grumpy arms, woohoo!
    That sounds like a great solution!

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    I am sorry that you feel that way. I also think that you may do half-ups? Those are generally viewed as gender neutral, though I always thought they suit men better than women (they remind me of warriors, in historical movies you might remark that men tied the top part of their hair in a ponytail/bun).

It's sad that parents can be so critical of our choices, but most of the time we can't change their opinion. I understand that you don't want to sport pigtails when they're around, but maybe you could wear them at work?
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I wonder if my sleep cap is causing breakage? I noticed this morning that it had slipped back slightly in the night, exposing my front hairline, and that there were a load of little hairs, maybe 1”-2” long. I’m not sure if these are baby hairs that I haven’t noticed before, or if the band might be rubbing there and causing damage... maybe I need to do some sort of sewing wizardry to tighten up the elastic and stop it sliding.

It’s a bummer, cos it took me a while to get used to sleeping with this thing, but I hoped it was doing me good!

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    I wonder if my sleep cap is causing breakage? I noticed this morning that it had slipped back slightly in the night, exposing my front hairline, and that there were a load of little hairs, maybe 1”-2” long. I’m not sure if these are baby hairs that I haven’t noticed before, or if the band might be rubbing there and causing damage... maybe I need to do some sort of sewing wizardry to tighten up the elastic and stop it sliding.

It’s a bummer, cos it took me a while to get used to sleeping with this thing, but I hoped it was doing me good!
    Could be new growth coming through? Maybe take a photo and a month later take it again? If the hairs haven't grown it could be the sleep cap

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

So far I don't regret my latest chop perfect stage to let it grow it is also day 14 since I decided to let my natural hair grow out ( aside from sideshave I'm keeping that bleached)

Let's see if I can do no trims at all next year, still doing my silly small no trim challenge as well so it's like I'm braking up the big challenge with my little ones.

I also got a timer app to count them down for a bit of fun, I even have one for Chin-Shoulder counting the days, I think it would be neat to see how long it takes each milestone, I'll use anything really to keep motivated and enjoy my journey.
    Last edited by Bat; October 30th, 2020 at 04:01 AM.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Hehe, I was amazed at how much I didn't know when I first found LHC. I'd had hip-tailbone hair since growing it as a child but knew absolutely no protective styles, and the only bun I knew was a sort of cinnabun held with a hairtie No wonder my ends had to be lopped off every year. Coming here opened up a whole new world
    I also bunned my hair for the first time at TBL. Before that, I'd mostly worn it in braids, occasionally loose or in a ponytail, but I did at least recognise that the two last options caused tangles.

I wore more buns for a while, thinking they were essential for every longhair, but eventually came to the conclusion that I'm not much of a bun lover and moved back to braids.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I also bunned my hair for the first time at TBL. Before that, I'd mostly worn it in braids, occasionally loose or in a ponytail, but I did at least recognise that the two last options caused tangles.

I wore more buns for a while, thinking they were essential for every longhair, but eventually came to the conclusion that I'm not much of a bun lover and moved back to braids.
    That was funny : p

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Can you do half ups?
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanaxena View Post
    I am sorry that you feel that way. I also think that you may do half-ups? Those are generally viewed as gender neutral, though I always thought they suit men better than women (they remind me of warriors, in historical movies you might remark that men tied the top part of their hair in a ponytail/bun).

It's sad that parents can be so critical of our choices, but most of the time we can't change their opinion. I understand that you don't want to sport pigtails when they're around, but maybe you could wear them at work?
    I can and I have sported them before everything fit in a ponytail. Now I feel like an idiot because I didn't think of that. 😅 Thank you both.