Page 3562 of 4444 FirstFirst ... 25623062346235123552356035613562356335643572361236624062 ... LastLast
Results 35,611 to 35,620 of 44440

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Woohoo, I get to take a 1 year of hair growth comparison photo soon.
    That's supper exciting!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That's supper exciting!
    Ikr! I love seeing the progress pics here it's good to contribute time to time too.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I'm going to do a bit of an experiment in regards to heat styling. I'm going to heat style twice a month (every two weeks). If I find by the new year I haven't made it past APL, I'll revisit heat free. Since my goal is only BSL, as long as I'm retaining I don't think the heat will be an issue. I just want to enjoy my hair.

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm starting to find my sticks/forks with a 4 1/2" FPL to be a little tight/short. Which is like, 90% of my stash ;_; I may end up hosting a bunch of them on the swap board to make room for some longer ones soonish. I might outgrow them soon, or I might not until .... fingertip ? just depending on if my hair will compact down or not as it gets longer. But I remember one of my earliest posts was something like.... I don't expect to ever grow out of this length stick, this is my perfect length, and it was like a 4-4.5" FPL (I think I was talking about my 5" eads sticks). Guess I was wrong about that! My hair is very different now than when I first joined.
    bsl • waist • hip • • shoulder • cbl • apl • bsl • waist • hip • tbl ...

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I'm going to do a bit of an experiment in regards to heat styling. I'm going to heat style twice a month (every two weeks). If I find by the new year I haven't made it past APL, I'll revisit heat free. Since my goal is only BSL, as long as I'm retaining I don't think the heat will be an issue. I just want to enjoy my hair.
    I think that sounds very sustainable! Honestly if you're enjoying your hair and it's length I think that's more important than being able to grow it longer while being unhappy with it or how it looks/styles from day to day.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wispe View Post
    I'm starting to find my sticks/forks with a 4 1/2" FPL to be a little tight/short. Which is like, 90% of my stash ;_; I may end up hosting a bunch of them on the swap board to make room for some longer ones soonish. I might outgrow them soon, or I might not until .... fingertip ? just depending on if my hair will compact down or not as it gets longer. But I remember one of my earliest posts was something like.... I don't expect to ever grow out of this length stick, this is my perfect length, and it was like a 4-4.5" FPL (I think I was talking about my 5" eads sticks). Guess I was wrong about that! My hair is very different now than when I first joined.
    I would hold onto your favourites, even if you're not planning on cutting your hair again, just because different buns compress the hair more than others. I can do an infinity bun below waist length with a 4-4.5" Ketylo, but I can't manage a LWB with that stick by BSL (and I can't manage an infinity bunt AT ALL till after waist). So you may find as your hair grows that there are new buns you can do that need smaller sticks again.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post
    I would hold onto your favourites, even if you're not planning on cutting your hair again, just because different buns compress the hair more than others. I can do an infinity bun below waist length with a 4-4.5" Ketylo, but I can't manage a LWB with that stick by BSL (and I can't manage an infinity bunt AT ALL till after waist). So you may find as your hair grows that there are new buns you can do that need smaller sticks again.
    Very true, I will definitely hold on to some of my fav shorter ones no matter what I do, because they work for halfups and possibly certain center-held buns (or I suppose, if I were to hold a bun with invisible pins, they could be purely decorative). Plus sentimental value. I do have a pretty big handful of hairtoys that I rarely touch/wear though, so I feel like they could be better enjoyed by someone who would wear them more regularly.

Length
    APL/WL/CL

Hair thought of the day: how have I had this much hair for so long and I don't know any buns?? Something to work on. Plait game is strong though.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fiords View Post
    Hair thought of the day: how have I had this much hair for so long and I don't know any buns?? Something to work on. Plait game is strong though.
    Hehe, I was amazed at how much I didn't know when I first found LHC. I'd had hip-tailbone hair since growing it as a child but knew absolutely no protective styles, and the only bun I knew was a sort of cinnabun held with a hairtie No wonder my ends had to be lopped off every year. Coming here opened up a whole new world

I moaned before about thorough scalp washing requiring too much energy, but today I realised I can do it sitting down in the shower if I tie my braid to the pole that holds the showerhead, and keep the showerhead on my lap the mental image of how it must have looked kept me thoroughly amused too. It takes energy to plait it first but I can do that long enough before the shower to try to recover a bit, and although it means I need the energy to shower as well, not having to hold my arms up to hold the plait up whilst washing is a huge improvement. So, happy scalp, happy hair, and only mildly grumpy arms, woohoo!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Hehe, I was amazed at how much I didn't know when I first found LHC. I'd had hip-tailbone hair since growing it as a child but knew absolutely no protective styles, and the only bun I knew was a sort of cinnabun held with a hairtie No wonder my ends had to be lopped off every year. Coming here opened up a whole new world
    (very extremely same, Spoons! Only a little shorter and years of internally lamenting why I hadn't ever seemed to get to past waist.

aside – this scalp-washing solution sounds perfect!
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic