Page 3480 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 248029803380343034703478347934803481348234903530 ... LastLast
Results 34,791 to 34,800 of 35381

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    CBL/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    *Pats that lady who posted on Quora gently on the head and feeds her her treat of choice*

She's never wanted long hair, sounds like she never will, and as long as she keeps her opinions to herself when she sees long hair, that's just fine.
    Indeed! I mean... If she doesn't have long hair and doesn't want it whatsoever... of course she doesn't "get it." And that's fine. To each her own!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    not many of them had curls, mainly Volume and texture, I think i'm getting curls back I briefly had them when I was 3 years old
    I guess I’m thinking of the people I knew rather than the famous goths of the day Plenty of guys and gals had waves and curls.

My brother had hip length (dyed) black hair. It was 2c, ringlets an’ everything. It looked great, it flowed out like a mane.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    None of us will be able to explain it to this lady and that's OK. We get it.

https://postimg.cc/XrXMcvWk
    That sounds exactly like the kind of post that a person who had never grown hair really long would write .
    Many things look effortless from the outside. Like, hiking in nature. Walking up and down green hills and flower-filled meadows. It just looks so relaxing, strolling from a little countryside town to the nearby one. But the first time you try it... well, letīs say that the morning after you may find a bit of trouble getting out of bed.

Also, my personal opinion: only a modest percentage of people people with short/average hair lengths have a cut that really flatters their face. Or clothes that flatter their body shape, to say another. You know what? Thatīs ok, as long as they are happy. They are not here to decorate our world. Thatīs our own job.
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

Length
    CBL/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Also, my personal opinion: only a modest percentage of people people with short/average hair lengths have a cut that really flatters their face. Or clothes that flatter their body shape, to say another. You know what? Thatīs ok, as long as they are happy. They are not here to decorate our world. Thatīs our own job.
    Lol, so true. I feel like I so often hear (or, well, read; most people are more polite in person) that short(er) hair looks better. And when shown examples, I rarely agree! Most people who look amazing with short hair looks better with longer hair, IMHO. If someone ask me to be dead honest about what would ~optimize~ their looks in my eyes, I would say it. But as a rule of thumb, if they are happy, that's all that matters! Like you said, no one is here to decorate another's world. If short hair makes someone feel more beautiful, more like themselves, whatever, they just like it; then I will applaud that! And likewise I expect them to accept my wanting long hair, even if they think short hair would be better.

Length
    APL/BSL/Clsc?

I really tried to find a bob I liked... I’d get it cut... would hate it... grow it out and get another cut... and would hate it. I figured I just hadn’t found the right stylist so I’d keep trying and keep being disappointed . Long hair fits me so much better than short hair ever has!!

Length
    Buzz/22/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    None of us will be able to explain it to this lady and that's OK. We get it.

https://postimg.cc/XrXMcvWk
    As a wearer of what I call "squid legs" curls I felt at the same time somewhat offended and amused at the furry pet octopus comment.

This reminded me of a friend of mine that found hair longer than chin vain and somewhat disgusting. The longer the worse, and of course he had a lot of excuses for that. That long hair hides your skull shape, that it hides your face, it makes you look shorter, that it was dirty because somehow he couldn't imagine how people washed their lengths, the infamous "how do you go to the toilet"...
    And it didn't matter how much I tried to explain to him that those things didn't make any sense. Anything longer than a buzzcut is going to "hide" your skull shape, bangs and face framing layers are what hide your face, long hair is easy to put up and out of your face, try to do it with an ear length bob... I mean if you prefer short hair I won't try to make you think otherwise but I don't understand the need to put down other people.
    Curly: Buzz~NL~SL~...~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | ... | Classic

Length
    10/16.5/fun

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    As a wearer of what I call "squid legs" curls I felt at the same time somewhat offended and amused at the furry pet octopus comment.
    being an insensitive male type here....could you enlighten me on the term 'Squid Legs' curls??? sounds...uhhh....fascinating I think.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post

This reminded me of a friend of mine that found hair longer than chin vain and somewhat disgusting. The longer the worse, and of course he had a lot of excuses for that. That long hair hides your skull shape, that it hides your face, it makes you look shorter, that it was dirty because somehow he couldn't imagine how people washed their lengths, the infamous "how do you go to the toilet"...
    And it didn't matter how much I tried to explain to him that those things didn't make any sense. Anything longer than a buzzcut is going to "hide" your skull shape, bangs and face framing layers are what hide your face, long hair is easy to put up and out of your face, try to do it with an ear length bob... I mean if you prefer short hair I won't try to make you think otherwise but I don't understand the need to put down other people.
    I'm too tired to even begin to unpack the rest of your friend's views - but why the heck would everyone need to proudly display their skull shape?! Just ... wow
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Buzz/22/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    being an insensitive male type here....could you enlighten me on the term 'Squid Legs' curls??? sounds...uhhh....fascinating I think.

O.R.
    Not insensitive at all. It's just what the person in that post described. In the second picture in this one you can see how the longer layer of my hair separates into four clumps, that's what I lovingly call "squid legs"

Length
    Buzz/22/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I'm too tired to even begin to unpack the rest of your friend's views - but why the heck would everyone need to proudly display their skull shape?! Just ... wow
    I swear he's a lovely person aside from his strong views about long hair I can't imagine how he came to such conclusions and I don't know if I really want to ask.