Page 3373 of 4454 FirstFirst ... 237328733273332333633371337233733374337533833423347338734373 ... LastLast
Results 33,721 to 33,730 of 44531

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I thought that too, not only now but also several years ago. But at that time was a lot less damaged then now at it stopped growing at the same length... I will wait until summer and if nothing change, I will think about cutting few inches
    Were you wearing it up to protect it at the time?
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

No, I was not, I rarely wear it up. The maximum is a braid on an bad hair day. I am that kind of girl who wear the hair down on a daily basis... I'd prefer to cut then wearing it up all the time, it should give me the same amount of frustration

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    No, I was not, I rarely wear it up. The maximum is a braid on an bad hair day. I am that kind of girl who wear the hair down on a daily basis... I'd prefer to cut then wearing it up all the time, it should give me the same amount of frustration
    Ah, well that's definitely not your terminal then but a false terminal, possibly. You should be able to enjoy your hair as you want though, so if not growing further is an acceptable trade-off for you to be able to enjoy wearing it down, it's all good
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Huh.

It's been about 2.5 months since I last used a silicone serum on my ends and I remember them feeling so nice and smooth. However, revisiting the product hasn't produced the same results. My hair felt drier and definitely not as I remembered.

I wonder why.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My objective was "as long as I have not to wear it up" but waist length it's not so lovely to me... I mean, too short. I probably would cut about 3 inches if I was not bored to see my hair always at the same length

Length
    Chin/BSL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm basically the opposite. I periodically think I'll enjoy short hair but then I can't put it up and it frustrates me to no end. I'm growing so I can get a long beautiful braid and nice buns
    Starting to grow again! Currently at BSL, and going with the flow Fan of natural products and benign neglect
    Lady Terpsichore, Songbird and Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Elodea, I almost always do milkmaid braids with Dutch braids, sometimes French. They stay better than english-- there's more to pin the lengths to. And they're more comfortable. It's one of my favorite styles when it's not hat weather.

Length
    Chin/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Huh.

It's been about 2.5 months since I last used a silicone serum on my ends and I remember them feeling so nice and smooth. However, revisiting the product hasn't produced the same results. My hair felt drier and definitely not as I remembered.

I wonder why.
    I had the same when I used a hairmask yesterday that contained silicones (I thought there weren't any in it). My hair is super dry and tangly now, ugh. Guess I'll have to wear it up at night too until next washday to reduce the chance of tangles from tossing and turning. Normally that's not a problem because I sleep on a silk pillowcase. Ah well.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I've been so busy I haven't been doing inversions, I deep condition for 5 minutes in the shower, I leave in my second conditioner so I don't have to use another leave-in, and this weekend I just covered my hair the entire weekend to let my braids dry. I took them out today and made a pull-through bun with a satin scrunchy. It doesn't look all that bad, either, but my standards have lowered with my lack of time. It looks like I'm entering benign neglect territory.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Another thing I recently came to regret about how I cared for my mom at the end of her life was her hair... that is, she'd always said for years that she wished she could dye her hair fun colors. There were many things that made her jealous because they weren't socially-acceptable when she was young but are now (piercings, fun hair colors, etc.; after all, she grew up in the age where girls weren't even allowed to wear pants/trousers to school). I tried to convince her to do it but she was sure she'd be ridiculed, that people would see her as "trying to look young."

Now I really, really wish I would've worked to convince her near the end. She could've had some fun, and I could've possibly convinced her that at that point, other people were unlikely to worry too much about her hair color.