Page 3275 of 3329 FirstFirst ... 227527753175322532653273327432753276327732853325 ... LastLast
Results 32,741 to 32,750 of 33286

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I'm confused. My newest length check photo is kind of freaking me out. I kept measuring band barely saw any growth this month but somehow in my length photo it looks so much longer. In real life it barely seems BSL.

I keep looking at it thinking that can't be right. Then a few minutes later double check all the other photos I took trying to get a good one to post and think
    Why are none of these are right?
    Last edited by jane_marie; December 10th, 2019 at 02:34 PM.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    ~20"/55"/55"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I want to do some kind of style challenge in the new year but I don't know what yet...
    How about a sensible everyday hairstyle challenge? It's what I need to do more of. I tend to do fancy time consuming updos for fun on days off, while at work my hair is in a boring LWB every single day.

Pick a hairstyle or hair toy type you haven't worn in at least a year (if ever) and wear it to work/school/the grocery store at least 5 different days?

Bonus points if you tell us what you liked/didn't like about the style for your hair.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Brethil View Post
    How about a sensible everyday hairstyle challenge? It's what I need to do more of. I tend to do fancy time consuming updos for fun on days off, while at work my hair is in a boring LWB every single day.

Pick a hairstyle or hair toy type you haven't worn in at least a year (if ever) and wear it to work/school/the grocery store at least 5 different days?

Bonus points if you tell us what you liked/didn't like about the style for your hair.
    I'm definitely thinking along the lines of "sensible everyday." I don't really do what I would consider fancy stuff anymore. But I only have maybe 15 styles I do regularly. Maybe I'll do one style a week for a few months. Not sure yet.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I need to thrift a cozy black shirt with high neckline that I can use shamelessly when I dye my hair. I'm cold and I'm Fed up with being accurate.
    Pixie! - Shingle - Chin-length floofball - Bob...

Length
    HL/HL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Although I am not Christian, I've agreed to participate in the Lucia tradition at my university this year. I'd like to show off my hair, but since the person walking in front of me will have a crown of candles, and the people next to me and behind me, as well as myself, will be carrying candles, I'm not sure what the wise choice is here. Shall I wear my hair loose in the back and risk the person behind me setting it on fire, or shall I wear it loose or in braids in the front and risk setting it on fire myself? Or perhaps Lucia's crown candles will come crashing down and I'll catch them with my hair?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.
    TBL by Yule 2020 | Classic by Yule 2020 | No-trimming 2020 (first half)

Length
    WL/TBL+/class
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Although I am not Christian, I've agreed to participate in the Lucia tradition at my university this year. I'd like to show off my hair, but since the person walking in front of me will have a crown of candles, and the people next to me and behind me, as well as myself, will be carrying candles, I'm not sure what the wise choice is here. Shall I wear my hair loose in the back and risk the person behind me setting it on fire, or shall I wear it loose or in braids in the front and risk setting it on fire myself? Or perhaps Lucia's crown candles will come crashing down and I'll catch them with my hair?
    I think I would go for braid(s) in some way so it's relatively contained? Would a crown braid or some other braided updo show off your hair enough for your liking? If it's going to be an outdoor event and the weather is looking windy, I'd definitely be more worried about loose long hair blowing around and potentially catching on fire from the candles...

I've been to the Lucia events they hold at the Swedish embassy here, and I think they used electric candles, at least for ones in the crown. Do you know if they're definitely going to be using real candles in the crown and for the candles people carry?
    waist / hip /tailbone+ (40+ in.) / classic / fingertip / knee / calf? / ankle? / floor? / terminal??
    classic by 2020 / knee by 2021?

Length
    WL/TBL+/class
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I'm definitely thinking along the lines of "sensible everyday." I don't really do what I would consider fancy stuff anymore. But I only have maybe 15 styles I do regularly. Maybe I'll do one style a week for a few months. Not sure yet.
    15 styles to do regularly! I probably have... 5, at most. A sensible everyday hairstyle challenge might be interesting for me as well.
    waist / hip /tailbone+ (40+ in.) / classic / fingertip / knee / calf? / ankle? / floor? / terminal??
    classic by 2020 / knee by 2021?

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I think I'm going to have to agree with Elodea. Braids sound like the best option. Could you wear a single braid down and swept to the front on one side? That would show off the length and you would only have to trust yourself non to catch it om fire.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

This made me laugh! Well, you could argue that everyone should keep a certain distance from the person in front of them. I've never seen a Lucia participator getting caught on fire!

Best of luck!
    CHL SL APL BSL WL

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Elodea View Post
    15 styles to do regularly! I probably have... 5, at most. A sensible everyday hairstyle challenge might be interesting for me as well.
    Wearing different styles is a big part of what makes long hair fun for me. I know a lot of people wear the same style every day but I get bored too easily!

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I think I'm going to have to agree with Elodea. Braids sound like the best option. Could you wear a single braid down and swept to the front on one side? That would show off the length and you would only have to trust yourself non to catch it om fire.
    I think a single braid on the side would be beautiful! I would be so nervous to wear my hair down around candles.