Page 3124 of 3150 FirstFirst ... 21242624302430743114312231233124312531263134 ... LastLast
Results 31,231 to 31,240 of 31496

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    ShgLp/Precl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I feel I'm perfecting the french braid. yesterday me and my husband visited a friend and I wore my perfect french braid. today it's fuzzy but it's still mainly straight and somewhat neat
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    tbl/apl/dunno
    Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Ugh, my hair is only at APL and already tapering so much. Sigh.
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32426&d=1529747049
    In a constant battle with my hair Dealing with hair loss
    Neck --- SL --- CBL --- APL --- BSL --- MBL --- WL --- HL --- TBL

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I wonder if I cut my hair to classic, if it would always then feel "short", after having been longer?
    I was looking at the long hair hashtag on instagram the other day and realised that even classic length isn't long enough for me anymore mid thigh length seems so wonderfully perfect and proportionate for some reason. That's what LHCitis does to people! I wonder at what point I would start calling knee length not long enough
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018
    Sulfates and Silicones

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I was looking at the long hair hashtag on instagram the other day and realised that even classic length isn't long enough for me anymore mid thigh length seems so wonderfully perfect and proportionate for some reason. That's what LHCitis does to people! I wonder at what point I would start calling knee length not long enough
    It can happen, believe me

JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I wonder if I cut my hair to classic, if it would always then feel "short", after having been longer?
    Most definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    It can happen, believe me
    Yuuup! I mean, I do feel like I might be slowly creeping towards 'long enough' for practical purposes and hemline-wise, but recently I've been noticing my hair in the mirror occasionally when rebunning or something, and it seems to look barely mid-thigh, not far below classic, and it just really messes with my head. It sort of feels long when wrapping a zillion times round for buns (thanks thinness!) and in my mind I can now accept that I can call it knee-length outside of LHC, but I dunno. Some days I get moments of 'yay I can't believe I actually reached it!' and other days it's sort of 'oh come on, how is it not longer already?!'
    If knee had been my firm and final goal I think it would be different. But wanting solid calf length now, coupled with a mild case of imposter syndrome, conspires to make it 'still not long enough yet'

[/End rant]. Sorry, been a stressful week and my scalp is doing its crazy-paving desert thing again and those posts just triggered the outburst that was evidently laying simmering just below the surface!
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; June 18th, 2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Tiny trim and now onto Calf!
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair - phew

Length
    CL/WL+/TBL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

sad thought: just when I started to get involved into indian herbs I went back to my local indian store and they didn't have any aritha powder left, the guy from the store said they won't be bringing more since the product didn't sell I was so excited to try it out
    two hair journeys: growing a double side shave and growing out bleached long hair *sigh*
    CL (15'') 2016 / WL (27,5") / (29") / HL (31'') 2019 goal / TBL (36'')

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I have realized that my hair does seem to be growing. When I trimmed it myself I got part of the back shorter than the rest. So when I measured I was sometimes measuring to the short part and sometimes the longer part. Now I seem to be more consistent with my measurements and I can see that it has grown! I really was thinking I had reached terminal. So tailbone may be possible by the New year.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019

Length
    ?/38-39/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I forgot how long it takes from ordering some hairtoys until they ship it. I'm way to unpainted sometimes. It's just the last time I bought a few was 2017. And I can't wait to try them in my hair.

Length
    ShgLp/Precl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by guska View Post
    Ugh, my hair is only at APL and already tapering so much. Sigh.
    same here: my hair starts a normal taper at apl then of course the bigger taper to the ends. but the difference between normal taper and very tapered ends because of haircut abd breakage is not that visible anymore
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    CL/22.5/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

On Day 5 hair, which would just be a frizzy mess if I left it, so I've brushed out my curls for work. I'll be washing tonight. My hair feels so fluffy and smooth and long brushed out
    17 months bleach free
    Last dye: 22nd Feb 2019 - ends only to match regrowth
    Next goal: 26" - BSL!