Page 3123 of 3151 FirstFirst ... 21232623302330733113312131223123312431253133 ... LastLast
Results 31,221 to 31,230 of 31505

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

My favorite conditioner has been discontinued and Iíve been relentlessly researching alternatives to replace it when my two final bottles are gone.

Silicone or silicone free. Pantene or professional products. Natural or braided.

Taking care of my hair as a hobby can be so mind tiring sometimes ugh!

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Apparently, I didn't lose any thickness from my hair even though I thought I did. The last time I measured my ponytail circumference I was starting to dip below 5" and I think I did lose some thickness for a bit, but that was a couple years ago and I just measured today and I'm solidly on 5" again.
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Length
    buzz/Waist/TBL+?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

The next large wave of wispies has reached the wild and free (read in the mouth, sticking right out/up, refusing to go in sleep cap) kind of length that’s impossible to deal with. I thought we were past all this, when the last wave got long. I wonder if it’s just going to be an ongoing feature. They are pretty fragile and I hope I haven’t broken them. I have been wearing my headscarves a lot less often lately.

Length
    CL/22.5/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Day 4 hair is not the cutest. I need to just put it up to stretch my washes, no amount of refresh can make this cute worn down.
    17 months bleach free
    Last dye: 22nd Feb 2019 - ends only to match regrowth
    Next goal: 26" - BSL!

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm starting to feel like my true hair goal is terminal length. I always loved long hair because it felt so effortless, like, you're just letting it grow and do its thing. So what's more effortless than letting it grow completely, than not cutting or trimming it at all, ever?
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018
    Sulfates and Silicones

Length
    APL/HL+/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDucky View Post
    I think I'm going to do a little experiment: avoiding any and all humectants in hair products. Let's see...
    Trying to find a shampoo and conditioner without humectants will prove nearly impossible, or at least it did for me. It probably won’t make much difference whether they are or aren’t in your rinse out products as long as you rinse thoroughly. But I’m sitting here in single digit humidity and can confirm that Ylva is right; removing them from my leave in products made a huge difference and it’s much easier to keep moisture in my hair. Plus a drastic decrease in tangles and breakage

I have read that some people with very stubborn, low porosity hair need humectants in all conditions just to get moisture into their hair. Keep that in mind if your hair suddenly won’t take in any moisture despite clarifying.

Also keep in mind that not all humectants are created equal. Hygroscopic humectants work by attracting water molecules (glycerin, hyaluronic acid, urea, molasses are examples); film forming humectants attract water and trap it by forming a film around the hair (like aloe vera, flaxseed gel, some proteins, ingredients that end in -trimonium chloride). Film formers seem to be much kinder to hair in low humidity environments, or at least they are in my experience. I found that giving up the hygroscopic ones was enough, and that my hair seems to like the film forming ones in all except the most extreme conditions. Here’s an article with more info: http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.co...y-are.html?m=1

(Molasses will form a film too, but that’s just because it’s so sticky. Its film is more likely to transport water out of your hair than seal it in.)

Hope that’s helpful, and good luck with your experiment! Let us know how it goes
    Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.
    BCL unruly mixture of 3s. TBL stretched.
    My progress pix on imgur

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I feel like blow-drying my hair For some reason wet/damp hair annoys me today. I won't blow-dry since I'm in no hurry but gah, just feeling like it would be nice. Last time was in March.
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I wonder if I cut my hair to classic, if it would always then feel "short", after having been longer?

JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ChL/CBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I wonder if I cut my hair to classic, if it would always then feel "short", after having been longer?
    Haha, I think so!

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hasse View Post
    Haha, I think so!
    I think it would too

JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR