Page 3014 of 3017 FirstFirst ... 2014251429142964300430123013301430153016 ... LastLast
Results 30,131 to 30,140 of 30163

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    0 in!/26 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I just realized how great wrap dresses are for when you want to do a complicated hair do- no need to pull anything over your head! I guess a button down dress or top would work just the same Gonna keep this in mind during future shopping ventures

Short Term Goal-WaistLong Term Goal-???

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Russian-speaking hair care communities are so different, omg! I sometimes lurk on them and they make me feel sooo inadequate. Probably because they are much less focused on length - and so much more on products and... just being genetically blessed. They sometimes tell each other things like "cut 20 cm off at once"! So weird! I'll never show those people how my hair looks now - they probably never even heard of fairytale ends, hehe (but all that stuff really made me think about a trim...)
    Chin | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL | TBL
    Happily growing since 29 June 2017
    Scrunchies are a girl's best friend!

Length
    NL/CBL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I put my hair in mini braids and I'm so happy! I tried these 6 months ago and my hair was too short, they looked awful so I didn't finish. Now I can wear them in a pony with a satin scrunchie, or do a peacock twist with a flexi. I'm super happy. If I can get them to last maybe 3 weeks then they might be my go to in the summer, especially since I like to wash my hair a lot and it's less trauma for my hair to wash it in braids. Fingers crossed!
    [ SL | CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL ]

Length
    CBL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I really wish I could maintain my wave pattern overnight. It never looks the same the next day even after refreshing.
    CBL → APL → BSL→ MBL →WL → HIP
    ⋆Natural blonette growing to virgin hip⋆

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/HL+/CL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by victorian girl View Post
    Russian-speaking hair care communities are so different, omg! I sometimes lurk on them and they make me feel sooo inadequate. Probably because they are much less focused on length - and so much more on products and... just being genetically blessed. They sometimes tell each other things like "cut 20 cm off at once"! So weird! I'll never show those people how my hair looks now - they probably never even heard of fairytale ends, hehe (but all that stuff really made me think about a trim...)
    Yes!!! I was a member of one of them back in 2010-2012. Hair longer than tailbone was always called medieval, and my habit of never wearing my hair down was frowned upon ("but why having long hair at all if you never wear it down?" and "I don't want to look like an old librarian lady with those buns!"). Yeah, I was quite a black sheep there. They all had huge stashes of expensive stuff (brands were everything, the more "professional" the better), and 85% of them could hardly gain any length, because they kept bleaching and/or cutting.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018
    Sulfates and Silicones

Length
    11/13/20
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Yes!!! I was a member of one of them back in 2010-2012. Hair longer than tailbone was always called medieval, and my habit of never wearing my hair down was frowned upon ("but why having long hair at all if you never wear it down?" and "I don't want to look like an old librarian lady with those buns!"). Yeah, I was quite a black sheep there. They all had huge stashes of expensive stuff (brands were everything, the more "professional" the better), and 85% of them could hardly gain any length, because they kept bleaching and/or cutting.
    I guess it's pretty similar on polish forums, blogs and hair care related groups. Any slight taper or fairytale ends would be immediately considered damage that has to go. Very long hair is impractical, curls and waves HAVE to be layered, and you are supposed to spend half a day in your bathroom on the wash day... I could go on like this in hours.
    I remember what was going on on Henriettas blog, I used to read her polish blog ( heck, it's from there I learned that LHC exists) people were very mean in the comments, telling that her hair is too long, constantly asking : why don't you cut it it will be still long, you have it up all the time anyway, yada yada yada. In general complete lack of understanding that someone wants to grow hair to classic length.
    No wonder that she closed it now, it must be really annoying to read such nasty remarks...
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Length
    CBL/APL/FTL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

^ I think it's so weird how fairytale or medieval-looking hair is considered ugly by some... I would love to look like an Elvish princess of another time! And that's one thing I love about LHC, you can actually have those ideals and not be ridiculed for it. In the thread of what our reasons are for growing out long, many said they were inspired by pre-Raphaelite paintings, fantasy and the old days, and I love that! I feel like people are much more supportive of each other's goals here than on other sites, people who prefer blunt ends themselves are still complimenting fairytale ends and vice versa.
    Last edited by Aerya; March 16th, 2019 at 05:04 AM. Reason: had to clarify something:)

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/HL+/CL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    ^ I think it's so weird how fairytale or medieval-looking hair is considered ugly by some... I would love to look like an Elvish princess of another time! And that's one thing I love about LHC, you can actually have those ideals and not be ridiculed for it. In the thread of what our reasons are for growing out long, many said they were inspired by pre-Raphaelite paintings, fantasy and the old days, and I love that! I feel like people are much more supportive of each other's goals here than on other sites, people who prefer blunt ends themselves are still complimenting fairytale ends and vice versa.
    I love medieval/elvish style! I'm inspired by old days too it's just that in Russia the word "medieval" is often used as a synonym for something outdated, ridiculous and disgusting (like medieval lack of hygiene, medieval medical practice that killed more often that helped, medieval witchhunt and torture, you get the idea). Therefore having "medieval" hair isn't a compliment at all. Having hair "from a Medieval painting" though is a completely different story
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018
    Sulfates and Silicones

Length
    APL/BSL/HIP
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I hate it that my breaks so easily the last time. It's hard to find products here without proteïns in and a lot of moisture. To be a bit more positive my hair is finally longer than ever. It's past BSL now .
    APL ===============>>>>>>>*BSL* <<<<<<<==============================> *on my way to hip*

Length
    BSL/WL/HL-TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

My hair is in a very good condition today (shiny and it looks hydrated) but I have to go to the swimming pool. Ugh. I don't wanna ruin it. My father got angry and said I was obsessed, and maybe I am, but I can't help but thinking about it.
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB *