Page 2923 of 4452 FirstFirst ... 192324232823287329132921292229232924292529332973302334233923 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,230 of 44513

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    SH/SH/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    meg they look 10x thicker than my ends, no exaggeration. Don't sweat it.

Does anybody know where to find hair donuts and hair ties that match dark blonde hair? The ones for blonde hair are way too light and the ones for brown hair are way too dark.
    I don't know if it would work for you. But for my daughter for dance our solution because her hair is a slightly off colour. Is to get a pair of tights that match her hair colour, cut them wrap it a couple times and do a light stitching so it stays. We also will cut the same pair of tights into strips to give her hair colour matching hair ties for performance so they don't show up.
    Growing Out Order of Annoyance: Undercut, Bangs, Layers, Thinning
    2019 Goal Thickness: 2.75" 3.00" 3.25" 3.50" 3.75" 4.00" 4.25"

Length
    Pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I was between hip and BCL when I chopped back to pixie in 2016... If I hadn't done that I'd probably be around fingertip by now.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by almostghost View Post
    I was between hip and BCL when I chopped back to pixie in 2016... If I hadn't done that I'd probably be around fingertip by now.
    I know that feeling. I had almost reached my longest milestone (well, it was only APL, but I knew nothing about hair care at the time so that was a small miracle) when I decided to get a pixie cut. That was 4 years ago.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    Pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I know that feeling. I had almost reached my longest milestone (well, it was only APL, but I knew nothing about hair care at the time so that was a small miracle) when I decided to get a pixie cut. That was 4 years ago.
    It's hard not to regret big chops isn't it? Even knowing that the hair that was cut off was in pretty bad shape (I didn't know anything about hair care back then either), and remembering that I did enjoy having short hair for a while. Right now I can hardly imagine ever wanting to cut it back that far again, but I've been in a repeating grow to waist-ish, chop to pixie cycle since I was around 6 years old, so who knows what I'll decide to do down the road. I really hope to find out what it's like to have classic or longer hair at some point in my life though.

From your stats, it seems like it won't be too long till you're back to APL, though! It's nice that it at least grows back heh
    Last edited by almostghost; January 4th, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I need to find some new buns. LWBs are no longer stable, and I am a few inches too short to double wrap them. Spock buns are still fine, but I need something when I have a shorter fork/stick, and to change it up every now, and then. Time to search through the bun database.

Also, when I washed my hair today, I shed a ton of hair. Slightly worrying, but eh, what can you do? It could be due to having not washed it for over a week or the stress I've been under since the beginning of December or being sick, and in pain since the beginning of December. Hopefully things will improve. I just need to remember that my ends/lengths do not really matter since I wear my hair up almost all of the time. That said, I half want to cut back to waist since that would help my taper a great deal.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

GrowlingCupcake how do you hold your LWBs? I use forks most often, usually double-wrapped but I can single-wrap still with wider forks. A nautilus also uses up a couple of extra inches, so might be a decent alternative until you can double-wrap a LWB. But yeah, learning new styles is always better - nice to have a few different styles in your repertoire for when your usual bun(s) just aren't working properly! Or for variety

My scalp is finally rebelling against using Femfresh - I first thought it was because I'd done a full wash twice within a few days, but the wash prior to my last one I only used the soapnut shampoo, so I don't think it's that. Also my hair has been difficult to comb through near my scalp at the back of my head, it was difficult to fingercomb too, so something was off. Maybe *that* was due to 2 full washes so close together, when it's not used to it any more. Oh well. I decided to try Yes to Cucumbers shampoo to make up a Superdrug order enough to get free delivery. We'll see; it's not too expensive, and I could offer it to family if it's no use
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    GrowlingCupcake how do you hold your LWBs? I use forks most often, usually double-wrapped but I can single-wrap still with wider forks. A nautilus also uses up a couple of extra inches, so might be a decent alternative until you can double-wrap a LWB. But yeah, learning new styles is always better - nice to have a few different styles in your repertoire for when your usual bun(s) just aren't working properly! Or for variety
    Sticks, flexis or narrow forks usually. If I use wider forks, I find the bun ends up being rather loose since I have to make sure the fork can fit through the loops. That said, I'm pretty sure that is a user error, so I need to go find some wider forks, and practice. Right now, I can just double wrap but I don't have enough left over to wrap around the whole thing so it's a bit unstable.

I came to the same conclusion with the nautilus xD It'll probably be my go to for sticks, flexis, etc. for now since it holds, is comfortable, and doesn't make my hair tangle a ton. And then maybe try a new bun a week or finally figure out how to braid my damned hair.

When were you able to double wrap a LWB?
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I don't know when I was first able to double-wrap; I only learned the LWB around classic (? Maybe, I'm not sure) but it never really worked well for me because my lengths are thin and compressible.

For wider forks I found to do the wrapping fairly normally, then gradually pull the loop wider until it's just wide enough. I have given up on trying to make it sleek and neat though!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

GrowlingCupcake, might I suggest the helix bun? If your hair is too thick you might need to divide it; I do. If you do it vertically you can insert a fork horizontally through the middle and pin the top and bottom. I do it horizontally at the nape and insert a fork or stick from one end to the other. I make the horizontal one by pointing the loops east and west instead of north and south. One of these days I'll have to do a picture tutorial. Maybe someone tech handy can make the pics into a video.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by almostghost View Post
    It's hard not to regret big chops isn't it? Even knowing that the hair that was cut off was in pretty bad shape (I didn't know anything about hair care back then either), and remembering that I did enjoy having short hair for a while. Right now I can hardly imagine ever wanting to cut it back that far again, but I've been in a repeating grow to waist-ish, chop to pixie cycle since I was around 6 years old, so who knows what I'll decide to do down the road. I really hope to find out what it's like to have classic or longer hair at some point in my life though.

From your stats, it seems like it won't be too long till you're back to APL, though! It's nice that it at least grows back heh
    It is, it feels so fun and new at the time but after a few weeks had passed I was pretty much over it. Waist to pixie and back is quite a cycle! My issue is more along the lines of finding the most damaging thing possible to do to my hair and then doing it repeatedly. LOL. But yes, I think in a few months or so I'll be there, and with much healthier hair! I just have to be nice to it and then I can finally grow it longer.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode