Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really want to wash my hair...

Length
    17/22/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default I really want to wash my hair...

...and I just washed it yesterday.

I used to wash it daily, but I've really cut down (as of November!), so it doesn't get greasy as quickly anymore. Ever since I came across this site (hehe), I keep feeling a constant NEED to wash my hair! The withdrawals are crazy.

ITT: Discuss your unhealthy obsession with your hair (or your retired obsession).

As a side note, I think that I'll just wash it... getting olive oil out has never been fun for me.
    Lady Lirr of the Heart-Stirring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

LOL! I can so relate. I've tried since coming here not washing, but always go back to my daily wash routine. My hair is just so happy being clean and fresh.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Me too! Especially since I get all these ideas on different ways to wash from this site, and I don't want to wait before trying them out.

I even started a thread asking for advice because I can't stop washing. I got some really great advice from fellow LHCrs if you guys are interested. I don't remember what the thread was called, but it was about a week and a half ago.

I'm down to washing every other day, with every other wash being a CO wash. Progress!

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Everyone has their reasons for not washing as often. If none of them apply to you or none of them bother you, and your hair is happy when its washed every day, then wash every day. That may just be what works best for your hair.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

That's true, but for some reason I wash even though it seems to dry out my hair more. Washing makes my scalp happy, but not my ends.

One thing you might consider is to alternate water-only(WO) or conditoner only (CO) washes in between your shampoos. WO combined with a good scalp massage can work wonders!

Jim

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    One thing you might consider is to alternate water-only(WO) or conditoner only (CO) washes in between your shampoos. WO combined with a good scalp massage can work wonders!

Jim
    The longest I can go with out a wash is 3-4 days max. I have tried, co in-between shampooing, I just cant do it. I need my shampoo.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I've gone 2 weeks no shampoo. But i have been useing tea rinses. My hair feels gunky, so i think one day soon i will either try a proper tea wash (shikaikai amla instead of neem which really doesn't clean the hair anyways) Or i will succumb to shampoo. The sebum has already traveled to my sholders, ive done a few COs but it didn't clean it well coz i didnt do it properly.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I wash my hair pretty much every day. Sometimes I only use conditioner, sometimes I only use shampoo, sometimes I use both!

Here's a random thing--when I only use shampoo, my hair is shinier--when I only use conditioner, my hair is wavier.

As I got longer (currently just past waist), washing became less and less exciting. The 4+ hour dry time is a real downer.