Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forced to Flat Iron

Length
    buzz/13/23
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Forced to Flat Iron

I had a cheerleading competition and they forced me to flat iron my hair. This is probably going to sound very stupid, but as a team, we all have to wear our hair exactly the same way, and I was outvoted on the flat ironing.

First they flat ironed it on 400 degrees, painfully slowly and thoroughly. Then a couple hours later it started to unstraighten, so they did it again. It unstraightened again, but thankfully we didn't have enough time to fix it before we competed. They were all very amused by my unruly curls.

My splits don't seem too bad, but we have another competition next weekend, and I'm hoping I can convince them to do something else with our hair. If I can't, I might have to get a trim -_-

Default Re: Forced to Flat Iron

Ugh, sorry about that!! I model and I have my hair straightened about 3 times per photoshoot I always insist they use heat protectant spray, but nothing totally protects you! Good luck!

Length
    buzz/13/23
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

That's terrible! Yes, I made them douse my hair in spray and wait for it to totally dry before ironing, but I was cringing the whole time. Thanks for the reply!

Length
    18/30.00/N/A
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Sorry to hear that! Doesn't seem fair. I know my hair definitely could not withstand flat ironing.

Length
    chin/ftl/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Would they let you wear it in a high bun? I think I've seen cheerleaders wear them.

Length
    SL/MBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I know that feel. My first competition is next week, and I'm going to start straightening after going..what....8 months without doing it. Just keep your hair off the heat for the time you aren't competing and you'll be fine.
    APL*BSL*WL*HL*TBL*BCL*CL

It growing..Sort of...Hopefully....

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

That sucks, I'm sorry. When I was in cheerleading, we had to have curly ponytails, so most girls put their hair in curlers for the day or used an iron. I put my hair in a bun and clipped in a curly ponytail extension. I wonder if the reverse can be used for you. My hair was pretty short at the time, so I had to use the ponytail extensions regardless.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Hopefully you won't have to do it again but in case you do I'd get heat protector.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by gillybeanxo3921 View Post
    I had a cheerleading competition and they forced me to flat iron my hair. This is probably going to sound very stupid, but as a team, we all have to wear our hair exactly the same way, and I was outvoted on the flat ironing.

First they flat ironed it on 400 degrees, painfully slowly and thoroughly. Then a couple hours later it started to unstraighten, so they did it again. It unstraightened again, but thankfully we didn't have enough time to fix it before we competed. They were all very amused by my unruly curls.

My splits don't seem too bad, but we have another competition next weekend, and I'm hoping I can convince them to do something else with our hair. If I can't, I might have to get a trim -_-
    You should take a trip to any corner beauty supply store you have and buy something called a drawstring ponytail. A cheapo one is only $15 bucks maybe and would save you a hell of a lot of trouble with a flat iron!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MefqvW0HCOw

Here's a video on how a drawstring ponytail works.

Length
    SL+/BSL-/HIP!
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

I'd totally refuse.

(Stretched) - Shoulder+. Armpit.BSL!. MidbackWaist. HIP!
    (Curly) - Shoulder+. Armpit. BSL. Midback. Waist. HIP!