40 3.63%
  • Bun

166 15.05%
  • Silk Cap

106 9.61%
  • Other

49 4.44%
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Wear Your Hair to Sleep?

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: How Do You Wear Your Hair to Sleep?

A normal braid or sometimes a french braid. Loose hair gets snapped or tangled. I have a silk cap but haven't every gotten in the habit of wearing it, maybe I should try again!

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Very different. I try to change my pins. Sometimes I sleep in loose hair, sometimes in a loose bun or in a braid (over the nape or braided at the top of my head).
    I don't have a night cap . I would like to have one.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I’ve tried several methods. In the early days of WO I put it in a microfibre buff (snood type thing) and tied the top corners so hair was enclosed. The hair requires no brushing when it’s taken off next morning. I’ll probably do this again this winter as it keeps your head warm. Sometimes after washing I’ll put it in a top pony plaited into a bun slightly damp. Mostly it’s loose and i pile it up over my pillow. I would like to try a satin cap but I’ve a small head so finding one to fit would be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I’ve tried several methods. In the early days of WO I put it in a microfibre buff (snood type thing) and tied the top corners so hair was enclosed. The hair requires no brushing when it’s taken off next morning. I’ll probably do this again this winter as it keeps your head warm. Sometimes after washing I’ll put it in a top pony plaited into a bun slightly damp. Mostly it’s loose and i pile it up over my pillow. I would like to try a satin cap but I’ve a small head so finding one to fit would be an issue
    I’ve just bought a satin cap from Only Curls, a UK website. I’ve got a small head too It fits like a turban and the difference it has made to my hair is incredible (I was using an old silk scarf over my pillow before). It stays on all night, and feels OK when I’m lying down, but feels like it’s trying to eat my head when I sit up. It crawls down over my face I don’t sleep sitting up so that’s not really a problem

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I’ve just bought a satin cap from Only Curls, a UK website. I’ve got a small head too It fits like a turban and the difference it has made to my hair is incredible (I was using an old silk scarf over my pillow before). It stays on all night, and feels OK when I’m lying down, but feels like it’s trying to eat my head when I sit up. It crawls down over my face I don’t sleep sitting up so that’s not really a problem
    Oh now that interests me, thanks I will check it out. My head circumference is barely 50cm though!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Oh now that interests me, thanks I will check it out. My head circumference is barely 50cm though!
    I don’t know mine but I have a 56cm baker boy hat that is too big for me I also have a tape measure so the obvious thing would be to measure my head! The elastic feels quite tight to me (again, until I lie down!). Some of the reviews say the elastic gives after a while, and my plan was to replace it with new elastic or a drawstring or something if that happened.

ETA: I can’t measure at the moment but I’ll measure the circumference of the cap later tonight to give you a better idea Feral

ETA2: The inside circumference of the cap is about 50 cm, although my measuring skills leave much to be desired and I got numbers above and below that figure, I think 50 cm is the best average.
    Last edited by Lady Stardust; August 30th, 2020 at 05:28 PM.

Length
    BSL/HL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

One loose English braid for me, nice beachy waves and no tangles in the morning

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

An high ponytail the first days (the pineapple style), english braid the last day/days, depending on how much it loses definition.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I waffle between a single French braid and a cinnamon bun secured loosely with a srunchie, which seems to stay the best for me. I usually wear a satin bonnet as well, but recently got some satin pillowcases and have already noticed they're also quite gentle on my hair, so may forego the bonnet occasionally from now on.

Length
    20/24/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Just recently found a way of sectioning an english braid that is actually comfortable for sleeping. Prior to that it was loose and tossed over the pillow.