Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May we have another 1 year anniversary??

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Cool May we have another 1 year anniversary??

Wow, seems like LHC had a massive membership drive last August. Well, its my turn

My last "haircut" was in May of 07. This is my hair last August when I decided I wanted long hair:

This is that box hairdye with the added bleach to add your own highlights. As you can see, my highlights had faded really, really bad into the funny brassy skunk stripe.

After I took this photo I was shocked - SHOCKED - I say at my highlights, I didn't think they were that awful! And I disobeyed the 2 week rule and picked up some L'oreal Color Oops and did this to myself Sorry it's so tiny.

Alas, after a couple of hennas, a couple of semi permanent dyes and 1 permanent sally's dye to try to get as close to my natural color as possible, I've come to this (LOOK AT THOSE CURLS FORMING!! That's airdried, baby!):

During my time at LHC I've learned my hair loves CV bars and vinegar, coconut oil is a gift from the gods, S&D's and microtrims can be a dangerous addiction, coconut milk is kinda stinky, and SMTs rock my socks.

I haven't had any major trims, I only cut out the yucky bits when I can't stand them anymore (I don't care about uneveness, I'm a wavy).

I've also become ridiculously addicted to you guys and LHC. I am here every day scanning the new posts and finding myself annoyed that everyone else has a life and doesn't post as much as I'd like!

So there you go, hopefully you all have a bit of energy left from all the other anniversaries to pop in and say hi in mine

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Default Re: May we have another 1 year anniversary??

Excellent progress Manderly! Your hair looks absolutely beautiful! You come a long way since the orange.
    Last edited by Eboshi; August 19th, 2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Removing "lol-speak"
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    21/25/35
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Wow what a change both colour and condition...your hair is now simply gorgeous. keep growing and posting those pictures, I'm usually always here snoozing around the place!!
    Last edited by Eboshi; August 19th, 2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Removing "lol-speak" from title bar

True beauty is being beautiful inside, in our hearts, with the lasting charm of a gentle and quiet spirit...

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Looking beautiful!!! It's been so nice getting to know you a little over this past year.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Your hair looks just beautiful! The shine is blinding. Great job in just one year!

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Congrats Manderly! Lately I've been here every day too and am all like "Theirs only 20 new posts?!?! WTH!!!" lol

Seriously though your hair looks really good and I am glad that you've come past both the skunk and the orange phase to your present fabulous locks!!

Length
    ?/BSL+3/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Just beautiful - color, length, shine and THOSE CURLS! Wow! Congratulations!

Length
    pixie/shldr/?

Never enough anniverary threads; they're so inspiring to us newbies!

You've had fantastic progress - the curls are awesome!

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I remember how upset you were with your orangey color, and I'm glad to see how much your hair has grown! What a change! You have such lovely waves and curls, too. Happy anniversary!!
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Congrats to such nice progress! I am new to the growing-out-my-hair thing and it is nice to see how much progress can happen in just one year. Both in overall condition and the length!