Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The new!! What's in your Mister Bottle Thread?

Length
    Pixie/7 in/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The new!! What's in your Mister Bottle Thread?

Freshly brewed green tea with some honey dissolved in it! I use it for my face too.

Hair Progress January 2015-July 2016
    Pixie~Shag~Bob~Shoulder~
    Collarbone~APL~BSL

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

What is the difference between a mister bottle and a spray bottle?
    Lydia...cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    i: 2b/c: F

Quote Originally Posted by lydiajo View Post
    What is the difference between a mister bottle and a spray bottle?
    I think it's the same thing? There is one with a trigger and one with a pump, I find that the ones with a pump spray a more even and fine mist. I like using smaller misters so i can experiment with new mixes and it's lighter and easier to hold or travel with. I also wash and re-use empty misters from products I've purchased and used up.

I have replaced my leave-in conditioner and curl-reviving spray with a new does-it-all formula: flax gel, water, glycerin, a few drops oil (infused with catnip), and a bit of citric acid for preservation. If I want to comb out my dry hair, it helps the comb glide. If I want to pick up my curls, I spray and scrunch. If my hair is frizzy after washing, this stuff defines it. Now if only I could remember the proportions I used....

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

In the past, I've always dismissed the idea of using a mister bottle because I didn't like the idea of getting my hair wet that often, especially in the winter. But now I'm thinking about it, because I'm annoyed by my braid waves. I braid my hair to sleep in every night to keep it from tangling (and because bunning on top of my head means no warm hair covering my ears). But my 2a hair keeps the braid waves all day long--less than my natural waves if I do 1 braid, slightly more if I do 2. They are way too uniform and unnatural looking for my taste... I like my natural, asymmetrical wave pattern the best!

Anyway, I'm thinking that if I dampen my hair a bit in the morning after taking the braid(s) out and then don't touch it, it will dry in my natural wave pattern. And then I thought, while I'm at it I may as well use that as an opportunity to moisturize my dry hair, and maybe even make my hair a little wavier in a natural-looking way. Rose water? Aloe? Flax? I'm going to read through some of this thread for ideas... but if anyone wants to advocate for their favorite all-natural mister bottle ingredients for moisturizing and wave/wurl-enhancing, you can make sure I see it by replying to me! Lol

Length
    APL/Hip+/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadryade View Post
    Anyway, I'm thinking that if I dampen my hair a bit in the morning after taking the braid(s) out and then don't touch it, it will dry in my natural wave pattern. And then I thought, while I'm at it I may as well use that as an opportunity to moisturize my dry hair, and maybe even make my hair a little wavier in a natural-looking way.
    Oh, this! ^ This is what I'm after too, when I have some extra time I will search trough this thread, but if you find anything please share!

I have only tried to do this with water so far (usually when I have a bad hair day and am in a hurry); I spray, then run my hands through my hair straightening it, then scrunching because that brings my natural pattern out but enhanced. Would love to find an ingredient that would give some hold as this is not a perfect method for me yet.
    Currently at: 34,5" ~ Forever trimming away thin ends ~ Next Goal: 35" BCL
    Hennahead | SLS & 'Cone Free | Grainiac

Length
    Pixie/27.5/term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Equal parts Olive Miracle Oil and Mega Care Argan oil with bottled water (didn't have distilled, and tap has too much chlorine).
    2a/b, M, ii
    Chin/Shoulder/UP/APL/BSL/LBL/WL/TBL/CL

Length
    SL/Calf/FL
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I've only scratched the surface of this thread, but I started with VO5 and water in an old detangler bottle and it works wonderfully, especially when I braid it after misting. It makes my hair super soft and manageable.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

rosewater + glycerine :] love it for my face and hair.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I just started using 1 part coconut oil to 5 parts filtered water, and my hair loves it so far. I've been misting my hair in the evenings, and added some yesterday to tame flyaways, and it worked really well.

I tried a water + AVG + tea tree oil solution before this, but it didn't do much for my hair. Some of the other recipes here sound interesting though, so I might have to give them a shot next time.